Brian Woodall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

Richie wrote:Drink driving is not an accident - Death by dangerous driving whilst drunk is
I'm glad people understand!
ARNU

Death by dangerous driving whilst drunk is an accident ?????

So what about stabbing someone to death with a bowie knife whilst under the influence of cocaine ?

Both a bowie knife and a car are dangerous weapons in the hands of somebody not in complete control of their minds.

Go on amuse me some more with your semantics.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Well if you intend to stab someone that is far different from intending to travel from one place to another, not intending to crash. You're clearly not seeing sense as you're emotionally involved and I won't be replying to this anymore.
Masked Man

ARNU wrote:
So what about stabbing someone to death with a bowie knife whilst under the influence of cocaine ?

Both a bowie knife and a car are dangerous weapons in the hands of somebody not in complete control of their minds.
Arnu, with respect, they are not a like for like analogy.
ARNU

Probably a bad analogy I accept that.

Bearaab likes to antagonise me at the best of times so his comments don't really surprise me.If he or anyone thinks drink driving is an accident to be excused then they are just wrong.A grieving parent would not take the pathetic excuse "I was drunk so its an accident" as a valid reason for the drivers irresponsibility.Maybe bearaab and others in that situation would be ok with it then.

Daggers no 2 supporter you've gone quiet.
Daggers No 2 Fan

It's a bit pointless trying to have a rational discussion with someone who is so emotionally attached to a subject and that keeps twisting what has been said to suit their own points.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:It's a bit pointless trying to have a rational discussion with someone who is so emotionally attached to a subject and that keeps twisting what has been said to suit their own points.
There was no emotion in pointing out that you were wrong about what others have said in this very thread though.You owe me probably a slight apology for that even if you disagree with everything else I say.

I say it again though for those who are unclear...

It is my assertion that drinking and driving is not an accident and that the driver does not lose any responsibility because they are drunk.

Is anyone apart from Bearaab,Dagger 83 and you disagreeing with that point ?
Masked Man

It's negligence. Not an accident.

Nobody gets in a car, drunk or not, with the intention of killing someone. But whether conciously or not, you are aware that your capbilities are impared and have chosen to ignore that. There are many reasons that people ignore it. Some are more understandable and palletable than others.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:Probably a bad analogy I accept that.

Bearaab likes to antagonise me at the best of times so his comments don't really surprise me.If he or anyone thinks drink driving is an accident to be excused then they are just wrong.A grieving parent would not take the pathetic excuse "I was drunk so its an accident" as a valid reason for the drivers irresponsibility.Maybe bearaab and others in that situation would be ok with it then.
Fine, i'll bite. I don't ever try to antagonise you. You just don't like it when I point out that you are wrong.

I also never said it was acceptable, you're just twisting peoples words and no one here needs to give you an apology.
ARNU

Masked Man wrote:It's negligence. Not an accident.

Nobody gets in a car, drunk or not, with the intention of killing someone. But whether conciously or not, you are aware that your capbilities are impared and have chosen to ignore that. There are many reasons that people ignore it. Some are more understandable and palletable than others.
Totally agree MM.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
ARNU wrote:Probably a bad analogy I accept that.

Fine, i'll bite. I don't ever try to antagonise you. You just don't like it when I point out that you are wrong.

I also never said it was acceptable, you're just twisting peoples words and no one here needs to give you an apology.
I don't need an apology but it would have been nice if DaggersNo2Fan had accepted at least he was wrong about what was said already in this thread.Also you also have not pointed out anywhere in this thread where I am actually wrong Bearaab.
Lcbdagger

While certain posters may have personal history wth drink dirvers... Woodall didn't actually kill or even hit anyone in the report??!! As a result, how on earth have we had 8 pages on this??
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote: I don't need an apology but it would have been nice if DaggersNo2Fan had accepted at least he was wrong about what was said already in this thread.Also you also have not pointed out anywhere in this thread where I am actually wrong Bearaab.
I wasn't wrong. You were.

What I said was:
There has been no claim that drink driving is an accident. Or that it is okay. Or anything similar.
What you replied with:
Dagger83 said ..... "It is an accident as I doubt a person drink driving purposefully looks to mow down a kid".
The bit that you ignored before quoting Dagger83 out of context was the question of yours that he was answering. It was this:
Also,are you saying Dagger83 that drink driving and killing people is an accident
The key part here in that question is the "and killing people". It is quite clear to anyone without an emotional attachment that Dagger83's answer was on the whole part and not just on drink driving.
So which part of my statement that no-one has claimed that drink driving in as accident is wrong exactly? Just to be clear, I didn't say that no-one has said drink driving and killing someone is an accident.

As I've already said, there is clearly no point in trying to rationally discuss this with you, given your clear emotional attachment. I doubt you'll accept that it in fact you that is wrong about what has been said, so I'll be leaving this thread now.
ARNU

So it was said but you interpreted differently.Nothing I have said has been fuelled by anything irrational.The fact that I have a tragic experience of the aftermath of a drunk drivers actions is neither here nor there.Fact is driving whilst drunk is not ok .The flippant remarks of some on here can be and have been construed by me as this Woodall stuff is no biggy.I just think it is.

The fact nobody was killed in this instance is good news but not a reason to ignore the seriousness of the crime let alone excuse it.Give him another chance cos he didn't kill anyone I hear you cry.Thats alright then,arent I harsh.I just come from an era where you take responsibility for your own actions and did the honourable thing when you are caught doing wrong.Like I said I don't think he'll play for us again and this will have been a major factor in that decision,not just because he's proved to be crap this year and last.So it should be too.The club will want this story to go away quietly so that it isn't asscociated with the story for any longer than necessary.Keeping him here will prolong it.
Lcbdagger

I don't for a second imagine he will play for us again... however this entire thread is making him sit up on a pedestal with Luke McCormick or Lee Hughes... just madness