Brian Woodall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Those who have also lost a close family member due to a drunken driver will empathise with me that I think he should now ****** off!!
Arnu I have never been affected like you have but I more then empathise with you over this and I for one hope that he never pulls on a Daggers shirt again.

This time of year it is even more so when you will see the heartache and pain that selfish Bastards who participate in such activities have inflicted upon innocent People.

Every year the TV advertisements shown should have an impact on even the most heartless Cretin.

It grieves me that Saturday I will be handing over £20 that will enable our Opponents to pay a Goalkeeper who has devastated the life of one family.
ARNU

See my other thread Sussex.

Im not on any bandwagon as such,I think society views drink driving less leniently than it ever did nowadays.I felt just as strongly about this crime before it ever touched my life.This must break any contract he has with the club "bringing the clubs name into disrepute" and we should sack him regardless of any sob story I might have.Its a principle thing.Im sure most of us would be sacked in similar circumstances.

Anyone struggling with this view of mine just indulge me for a second.....Your young son,the apple of your eye is playing in the back garden on his bjke...Brian Woodhalls Merc comes fling thru your garden fence doing 80 cos hes pissed and kills the unfortunate child playing just yards behind it...in his own garden....Horrible thought innit.

Thankfully this didn't happen to Brian or your Kid in this case but is a factually very similar to the case Im familiar with.The driver in question was already on a ban.

Lets just hope the tolerance of this misdemeanour dosent make ol Brian think he can do it again ay Mr Thompson.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:It grieves me that Saturday I will be handing over £20 that will enable our Opponents to pay a Goalkeeper who has devastated the life of one family.
Would you rather him be on the dole, supporting him financially for life?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Dagger83 wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:It grieves me that Saturday I will be handing over £20 that will enable our Opponents to pay a Goalkeeper who has devastated the life of one family.
Yes.The reality of that would bear no relevance to your take home pay Dagger83,woulld actually cost you about a millionth of a penny .Murdering Filthy scum should be in jail certainly not rewarded with privileged jobs like a footballer instead.
Dagger83

ARNU wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:
Yes.The reality of that would bear no relevance to your take home pay Dagger83,woulld actually cost you about a millionth of a penny .Murdering Filthy scum should be in jail certainly not rewarded with privileged jobs like a footballer instead.
What a strange outlook on life.

Everybody who kills anyone accidentally should be banged up for life or at least not working. I wonder how much your pay packet would suffer under the former?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mikins

Dagger83 wrote: What a strange outlook on life.

Everybody who kills anyone accidentally should be banged up for life or at least not working. I wonder how much your pay packet would suffer under the former?
Not being paid more than all of us to be a footballer. that would be acceptable in my eyes, but then clubs dont really give a shit about hiring rapists or murderers do they? Its one of the reason i wont be anywhere near a game on saturday. scum like him make my blood boil.
Sorry about your damn luck!
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:
By the logic that him being on the dole wouldn't actually cost any one of us much, then surely only a very tiny portion of your £20 will be going to funding him.
Or are you picking and choosing how the money gets allocated to try and justify you're rather silly point.

I sincerely hope you have never made a mistake in life, and never make one in the future. Remember that how you want others to be treated could end up being the way others want you treated.
Richie

ARNU wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:
Getting off topic but football is a trade, if a plumber does the same, he'll leave prison and return to plumbing...
Dagger83

Mikins wrote:

Not being paid more than all of us to be a footballer. that would be acceptable in my eyes, but then clubs dont really give a shit about hiring rapists or murderers do they? Its one of the reason i wont be anywhere near a game on saturday. scum like him make my blood boil.
But if he worked in McDonald's that would be fine? But what about the cleaners that earn less than him then? Would they have cause to complain?

He's done his time (whether that is sufficient is another matter entirely) and he's free to ply his trade. Just because he's a footballer people care.
ARNU

If you don't regard the possibility of a drunk driver killing your children as a big deal then its not really difficult to see why you are having trouble with my view.If this is a trivial matter to you then obviously Im wasting my time.A plumber isn't generally a public roll model neither is a burger flipper in maccy d's.Woodall is hardly A list celebrity but with his position like it or not comes responsibility.Im guessing if you don't have kids,or you are a drink and driver you'd never get it.

If your 13 yr old lad was mowed down in the street by brian drunken Woodall you'd be alright with it then ?
Mikins

Dagger83 wrote:
Mikins wrote:

But if he worked in McDonald's that would be fine? But what about the cleaners that earn less than him then? Would they have cause to complain?

He's done his time (whether that is sufficient is another matter entirely) and he's free to ply his trade. Just because he's a footballer people care.
Actually i'd rather he was banned from being a part of civilized society whatsoever. but apparently my lock them up and throw away the keys theory is considered draconian. and yes i do think they should be banned from any work that puts them in the public eye or where they could continue to set the example that its fine to commit crimes if your physically talented because its easy for a footballer to get a job straight out of prison unlike oh say... virtually everyone else with a record. - fact is the clubs should do the decent thing and not employ them, its hardly like we have a lack of available people willing and able to play. and there are several careers i can think of where a criminal record means the end of that career forever, theres no reason why clubs cant refuse to hire players with serious records, but they do anyway - and thats what angers people.
Sorry about your damn luck!
ARNU

Also,are you saying Dagger83 that drink driving and killing people is an accident? Dosent the drunk driver have any responsibility for their actions then ? Like taking the car with them to the pub in the 1st place for instance.
Dagger83

ARNU wrote:Also,are you saying Dagger83 that drink driving and killing people is an accident? Dosent the drunk driver have any responsibility for their actions then ? Like taking the car with them to the pub in the 1st place for instance.
It is an accident as I doubt a person drink driving purposefully looks to mow down a kid. Of course they aren't blameless but the only difference between them and 99% of drivers who speed is that it has tragic consequences. I would wager that every person reading this who drives has broken the speed limit at some point. If they had accidently hit someone at that time would you be saying to throw away the key?

As I said at the start, I hate drink driving and think there should be harsh penalties for those who do it however I don't believe a person should be stopped from persuing a life afterwards.
ARNU

Drink driving is not ever an accident Dagger83

And Im actually shocked at your 1st sentence and I quote you...Dagger83 said..... "It is an accident as I doubt a person drink driving purposefully looks to mow down a kid".If you want my aunts number you can have it mate.Maybe you'd change her mind with that statement.Tell her the already banned drunken bastard that killed her son didn't mean it.The point is here you are excusing him any responsibility for his actions cos he was pissed and didn't mean it.No way if it happened to you or yours would you have that opinion.Or did I mis-understand you ?
Last edited by ARNU on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
ARNU

And yes...if you speed and kill its your fault and you should suffer the consequences.If it were your kids as the victims you'd feel exactly the same.