Morias Gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Junior Morias signed for Notts county this afternoon. Can’t begrudge the bloke really, he knows full well that he will be a football league player come next season.

Not sure who we are now relying on to score us the goals apart from Effiong?

Who would of thought back at Christmas time if somebody had said we would sold/loaned out all 3 of Walker, McCallum and now Morias.

Good luck Ben, you are going to need it fella.
NBDag

Good player and a shame to see him go. Although I’m not sure he is league two quality. Let alone good enough for County in League 2.

What’s our plan here then? Bird to suddenly show us his potential? :blink: Or will we sign Faal from Havant which could be a shrewd move. :eh:

The club needs to rebuild for next season, but this certainly isn’t the place I would have started… Rance, Johnson and Longe-King must be talking one hell of a good game off the pitch.
Diggerthedog

All the big earners being offloaded, budget cuts for sure. I would ask the owners what’s the actual deal is but they’re never here.
RayleighDagger1986

Budget cuts or just taking stock and reinvesting in areas mostly needed, i.e. defence and midfield. Let's judge Ben and the owners come August with shrewd signings.
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:34 pm Budget cuts or just taking stock and reinvesting in areas mostly needed, i.e. defence and midfield. Let's judge Ben and the owners come August with shrewd signings.
They would have already wanted season ticket money by then. Not silly are they.

How can we judge the new manager when we don’t know he has the same budget as McMahon?
Dag82

Looking promising aint it.

Budget has been cut by the looks of it.

Whose going next ?......... Justham ?.... Ling ?.

Cannot wait for that Season Ticket renewal letter. :tear:
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:40 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:34 pm Budget cuts or just taking stock and reinvesting in areas mostly needed, i.e. defence and midfield. Let's judge Ben and the owners come August with shrewd signings.
They would have already wanted season ticket money by then. Not silly are they.

How can we judge the new manager when we don’t know he has the same budget as McMahon?
I will judge him on signings, performances, team spirit and results. Ultimately it is a results game but if he puts together a galf decent squad, lets support him. And there's no suggestion by the owners of cuts to the playing budget.
RM1Dagger

Shame to see him depart. He's certainly rebuilt his career with us after being at Kings Lynn. One of my favourite players of the past few years, had a form dip but always gave his best. Good luck to him. As for Strevens one must believe he's had some assurances around budget and signings. Or maybe he's taken the ultimate challenge of working on a small budget! The owners must have looked at the likes of Woking and Barnet and thought good coaching can prevail over throwing money at it.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Will give the manager a chance for sure but looking at the bigger picture our top earners are being moved on, owners still talk of play offs and no doubt they will but it’s a question that needs asking and their lack of attendance this season doesn’t help matters.
jag

Well I never saw that one coming, loved Junior for his hard work and never stopped running, however I have been saying that he had gone off the boil with regards to scoring goals this season, he was prone to over cooking his shooting at times, but wish him well at Notts County, also fond memories of Strevs and Benno and wish him all the best for the remainder of the season, Step forward Effi.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:10 pm Will give the manager a chance for sure but looking at the bigger picture our top earners are being moved on, owners still talk of play offs and no doubt they will but it’s a question that needs asking and their lack of attendance this season doesn’t help matters.
Our top earners could also be seen as overpaid. I heard sometime back that McCullum was on £4k a week. I'm not sure how true that is, but if it is, then that could be 2 of 3 decent summer signings for the club of our size
Chalky69

Sorry to see Junior go. A real genuine worker but cant begrudge him the chance. Interesting comments from the Notts manager, giving him time to get fit with the" excellent medical facilities" they have but also time to adapt to the Notts way of pressing and what his role will be. When we get a new player he's playing the next game. Gives the impression they are a far more professional outfit than Daggers and probably helps to explain why we are where we are and they are where they are!
Diggerthedog

We’re run terribly, how can we expect to attract players when we have a part time physio, stopped giving lunch to players after training, don’t give tracksuits to new players (jay bird). Players talk to each other from different teams and others will know we’re shoddy apart from a decent wage packet. We didn’t even have a training ground for months earlier in the season.

Our players have been unfit all season and it shows in our games when we can’t dominate for more than 45, how many second half collapses have we witnessed this season.

Good healthy playing budget but off the field the club is and always will be a shambles unless the Yanks get an actual grip of it I don’t see it changing and with that promotion talk is just that talk. Strevens has a huge task on his hands, good luck Ben.
Lcbdagger

No idea if he starts for them... but Langstaff alongside someone who works as hard as Morias and with his quality could be a starting front two for a team at the top of League 2 easily.

Great move for him, if he sneaks in to the team early on...
Braykingnews

This was due to the fact the club refused to let Junior leave for Swindon in the summer so he did not extend his contract, there were early rumours that he was going to southend but then they had the embargo next out the door will be the keeper who is also unhappy watch this space