Oldham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

Chalky69 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:20 am Why is it that the disloyalty to the Daggers that so many contributors to this forum display also think that same disloyalty applies to the players. As the previous contributor commented how do they know that players are unhappy and want to be off or is it just rumour. This forum seems to be riddled with fake news which does the club no good at all. I sincerely hope that the players never go near this forum, it’s becoming an anti Daggers site!
It's an internet forum Chalky not The United Nations..think of it of a bunch of people in a pub gossiping about this and that, i.e. not to be taken too seriously..😉
Now the SE27 Dagger
Pablo

i do think some of the comments on here are disrespectful of players like Balanta and to a lesser extent Justham both of whom have been outstanding servants to the club. The first has scored 40 goals in 120 games for the club whilst the other has played over 200. It's not their fault that they have injuries. Balanta has had a long term hamstring injury which as he gets older is difficult to treat whilst Justham was quite badly injured in training during the week having not missed a game seemingly forever. In addition I understand the keeper has been carrying an injury for a while but has been playing through it as is/was Weston. Assuming they can regain fitness, which in Balanta's case might be questionable I would have thought these two would be essential to progress going forward. However it does seem likely/inevitable to me that, perhaps for different reasons, 8 or 9 others will go and we will all have different views as to who they should be.
Auntie Merge

My view on yesterday.

For the first time in AGES i was genuinely excited for the game and wanted to go, over feeling I had to go.

I saw our team playing like a team.
Our manager spent the whole 90 minutes coaching and encouraging the team. He said well done and called out to players when they appeared to be playing out of position.
He did not hold his head in his hands cursing every bad move or decision, but really coached the team. Nor did he at any point remonstrate with the 4th official every single time a ball went against us or hide in the dug out.

Overall it was a pleasurable experience (I didn’t feel like I’d been dragged through a hedge backwards) although we didn’t take all the points.
I feel encouraged and full of promise for the future.
Chalky69

Auntie Merge,
Completely agree with you. Would have liked three points but had to be satisfied with one. Thought the referee was the best we've had this season. Thought it was a positive afternoon with an encouraging display from the young keeper. MoM could have gone to several players but the goalscorer is always favourite. Its going to be an interesting six months to see who goes, who stays and who we bring in. Don't think we will see McCallum again. Certainly a feeling of positivity in the air yesterday!
Mick Dagger

Agree about the ref, he was in a different class to anything I have seen at this level for a long time. Surprised that not much has been said about Jay Bird. I think he looks an excellent prospect and I'm feeling quite optimistic that given time he can form a more than decent partnership with Inih Effiong.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Can't believe there is questions about the commitment of the Goalkeeper who long ago could have spent many a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening sitting on a bench wrapped up warm in at least a League one dug out . He would have been earning at least I suggest what we are paying him for the last two seasons.

He is one I would move heaven and earth to keep he has been worth at least 15 points for us over the past two seasons. He is the only one who would have a hope in hell of playing in the two best teams of this League or higher.

Clearly the New Manager needs time but I would not waste much of of it on this defence , in case anybody has lost count that goal yesterday is at least the 40th goal we have conceaded over the past two seasons from a restart/or a move started from a restart .

When you have a problem in this area first thing you need to do is stop giving away needless restarts in the first instance , clearly a week is not long enough even for this Manager to coach into this sorry bunch the basic art of defending. Sorry don't buy into this improved attitude , never doubted the commitment only the ability

The best defender we have was playing in midfield until this season , so if Harry Phipps is McMahons legacy at least that is something.

Think the old Brian Clough attitude of the spine of the team being like a tree is needed here so out the current lot all i would be determined to keep are

JUSTHAM
LING
PHIPPS
SAGAF
ROBINSON
EFFIONG
and I have doubts about at least a couple of them, but it's a start and the Branches of the tree can be added .

Was pleased to hear Strevs at least hint yesterday that once the playoffs were tottally out of the question he would like to give chances to a few players who have not featured .
Was even more pleased to hear that Arron Blair development would only be disrupted at Braintree if it was in the interest of the player and the Club.

With the strap headline of the Club being with each departure " it makes good business sense" if this lad does come into the side and proves his worth then i would wait until next season. At least the Manager will have something to work with until next Christmas. Any earlier and we run the risk of him being another good business decision to sell in the summer.

The New Manager clearly has a lot of work to do but he is obviously going to be given a free pass for at least 6/9 months. With the whole sale changes that need to be made even the most desperate Managers we have had always had the comfort blanket of " you got to give the team time to gel". Only after that when the pipe dream of playing at a higher level is proved to be a fantasy will he face pressure
Diggerthedog

People praising the ref but I’m not sure why he bottled two obvious red cards, once when Effiong was taken out by the last man and another when they had a lad on a booking and few minutes later went straight through Manny.

I don’t think there was a lack of effort under McMahon it was more a lack of Organisation and an extreme lack of fitness.
SUSSEX DAGGER

That's interesting Digger because I went to the Wrexham game away for what I recall was his second game and amongst our Number was a players Dad who said he was alarmed at the lack of fitness amongst the squad.