Gateshead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
redboy

If any of our fans have made the journey tonight, total respect and I hope the pies are good. It's been dreadful so far. 2 down to a team in the bottom 4 and that scoreline flatters us as it could be 5 by now. At least I have the option to turn this shite off.
jag

Totally embarressing, WHO DECIDED that this fixture be played tonight so soon after a long trip to Torquay ? I feel that I am trying to make excuses but we looked tired from the first 5 minutes and keep allowing Gateshead to just pass us at will, we have rarely created one shooting chance and it doesn't look like we will do anything in the 2nd half, I can not believe we can play as bad as that very poor performance, only Strevs will know , so he needs to kick arse.
EssexDagger!

We Sold 4 players the past month or so who more likely than not were in our starting XI come Saturday afternoon yet only signed 1 player in reply. We were shite before those player sales so it’s not surprise how much worse we are now.

You can’t expect to sell those players without replacing them and expect results, I know Ben wanted to give the “fringe” players a fair crack of the whip, but they were fringe players for a reason.

Feel sorry for those folks who have made the long trip tonight and hoping somehow second half they have something to cheer about. I doubt it though judging by that first 45.
NBDag

Can blame it on travel all you want but they’re in the relegation zone for a reason and we’re letting them walk all over us. But it’s what happens I guess when you don’t back Strevs with the money to start building his own team now. He’s left with the dregs from when McMahon wasted our money and our best players are either sold, “injured” or off on international duty.

Strevs was set up to fail this season before a ball was even kicked because of Thommo and the American’s ineptitude.
jag

It just gets worse and worse Gateshead have hit the post twice within minutes of the restart, even the commentators have said that the Daggers have not turned up, we just have no leaders in this side, I could only count 1 shot on goal and a corner, these players need to look at themselves for this performance and Mr Thompson needs to refund the away supporters for their travel and entrance costs, we are a disgrace and I will be expecting a lot of effort against Dorking on Saturday.
Diggerthedog

This end of the season was always going to be car crash, these players have shown a few times they have not bottle (bar 2/3) they can all join McMahon down the job centre. Cowards, refund the 40 odd that travelled.

I’ll judge Strevs on next season with his own squad.
Danamite

1 shot all game and it come from 30 yard from josh Hare. Come on. Wtf was that showing about tonight shocking absolutely shocking. Not 1 player deserves to be here next season. Total clear out. Starting with the hole back line every single one of them are weak and easy to play against. Get rid of the lot. I honestly can't believe that performance but then again we didn't deserve 3 points against torquay either. This club are going down hill very very fast.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230328_212854_bet365.jpg
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh dear oh dear. The damage this last two months that the Club has inflicted upon itself will have very very long repercussions I fear.

We were told that playoffs were the minimum this year and anything less would be a failure.

Tonight we sit 5 points off that target and the squad we had two months ago would surely have made it, but after getting us nearly to that target the team was flogged off.

As i mentioned elsewhere the situation reminds me of the metaphors used by Geoffrey Howe in his resignation speech when he left the Thatcher Government.

The decision made by this Club over the past two months is akin to sending your opening batsmen out to the crease only for them to find their bats have been broken by the team captain before the first ball is bowled.

No doubt a fans forum will be held in the near future and more bile will be spilled and once again the vulnerable will lap it up .

Who on earth will buy season tickets next season after this seasons betrayal ,because surely I am not the only one feeling like this, but that is what the Club gave chosen to do to us.

Money spent believing what I was told ,travelling the Country only to find out with a quarter of the season left that the squad who I am sure could have got us there would be disbanded.

I will continue to support the lads who are obviously trying as they deserve nothing less but I can't help but think that players like Phipps, Robinson Ling and Sagaf must be thinking what I am tonight and that is they are basically been left to piss in the wind
Kevin

We were bang average when we had the higher earners at the club (they were all there for Dorking, Notts Co (H), Halifax, Oldham (A), Scunthorpe (A), etc..) - we are now less than bang average, with less bodies in the squad.

Our current situation is a result of the past several years of error-strewn, financial mis-management from Steve Thompson, alongside the wasting of 3 years worth of budget from Daryl McMahon.

Whilst I can appreciate the Americans not wishing to throw good money after bad, the lack of having their own representative being actively involved in running the club just seems bad business sense to me.
len

We have been inconsistent all season, so this is nothing to do with players leaving recently.
We have never known which team were actually turning up. Also, in the case of McCallum he was the highest paid player on the books who quite often flattered to deceive and often came across as quite lazy.
stanton101

Like I said before.
The win over Torquay, was just papering over some very large cracks.
The club just continues to take the piss out of us.
First of all they employ an incompetent arse of a manager who they kept in employment for far too long. Then in some bizarre moment they strip the club bare buy selling anything that isn't nailed down to try to recoup some of the money and in doing so employ an old favourite in some vain hope that it'll not only appease the fans, but somehow he'll get a tune out of the players that are left!
At least give the bloke a chance, ffs!!
And all the while, we as fans are supposed to just sit back and take it on the chin, be good boys and don't forget to buy a season ticket.
Absolutely staggering.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!
DaggerJoel11

Gateshead on a Tuesday night for that gutless abomination in return. Saturday's late salvo, while a great buzz, disguised a lot of problems which brutally came to the fore in last night's three-goal losing margin which could have escalated to far more embarrassing proportions had they not been unfortunate enough to hit the post twice while having another miraculously cleared off the line. Meanwhile we had one wayward shot all night and struggled to string a single passage of possession together all night. Completely indefensible but I suppose a saving grace is Strevens seeing first-hand how bipolar and ultimately unreliable so many within this dressing room really are.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagdale

Just got back started off journey peeing down and arrived back North London way peeing down and in between peeing down on the piss poor pitch only niceties was the good hospitality that part of the world, what can one say? Watching that and the way we made the Heed to look you'd have thought that they were 3rd behind the Taffs and County, really should have been five at least! doesn't get quite as bad as Dorking but easily could have been far worse. We hardly had a shot on target and every time Heed lost the ball they just fought it back within seconds and pressed forward surely Barnet fans watching that for Saturdays Trophy Semi might now need a different strategy? Good luck to Heed hope they survive, shaking our hands left right and centre coming out, and Shout out to Stewards near us quite tolerable and easy going. 4 hour train reflection coming home noticed of the 3 quarters of 42 still on stand final whistle not one boo or nasty comment, its goes back so much further three years to be precise just wasted and looks like we gotta start all over again and how long will that take team building and trying to be a force? shore with Ben's football brain he hopefully will get the tools, it really does get you sometimes.
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 Daggers bore the fatigue from a gruelling week of travel in a still-indefensible abomination at relegation strugglers Gateshead, who exerted a level of extreme dominance vastly exceeding the already comfortable margin.

💬 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''