Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Don't think we played that badly tbh. Chesterfield clearly better organised and their position in the league suggests they're one of the better teams in this league.
Was hoping for a bit more from big Sid today but it weren't happening for him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

I agree with you Arnu.
Does anyone know why Robinson wasn't available today?
ARNU

Think he was suspended. Got a card at Borehamwood I think
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggerman

I noticed the vast improvement of a certain number 27 (Quigley) one shot he had hit the hoarding at the Bury road end, in the past it missed!
Braykingnews

Rob o has a knee injury
Dagdale

Knew we'd lose it our present history tells it, but they did give it a good go and quite unlucky at almost the last couple of minutes, Southend now takes on a new level?
RM1Dagger

Thought we competed (especially enjoyed the first half battle between Phipps and Quigley) but overall pretty low on quality and once they scored they saw the game out comfortably (save for the last second scramble) and could have scored more. I'll try and reserve total judgement on the lad Sid but for a very tall man he doesn't have much presence in the air.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Felt like a preseason game with no atmosphere and very little happening on the pitch, the fact Chesterfield are comfortably top 4 makes it even more frustrating that we’ve managed to waste yet another season as they’re not that good. Sidney is a winger by trade, clearly got some talent and hopefully a full preseason will go him good.

Yeovil owner has let slip on Twitter that Rance went to Scunthorpe for 1500 a week, shudder.
NBDag

Think today really just shows how little depth we now have in our squad. Ibie is still a massive work in progress and he will have these games where he struggles to make a mark. But then bringing on Saunders for him, who is also still developing, was never going to give us the kick start we needed. Then Balanta and Weston just don’t look fit at all. I hope Strevens is backed this summer properly, because we really do need so many bodies through the door.

Phipps had another good game, but overall there was just no spark from either team. Had two “floating fans” with me today as there was no premier league football and neither are in a hurry to get back. Even less I’d imagine when they see that our prices have gone up next year!
Mark

Quite flat from us but very difficult to disrupt their possession with Balanta, Weston, and a seemingly half fit Ibie in the side. Saunders was no improvement when he came on either. Chesterfield didn't do a lot with the ball and I felt were fortunate to go ahead. We then lost our way a bit and coughed up a few more chances towards the end.

If the likes of them, Boreham, Barnet are the yardstick then it's even more unforgivable how we've failed this season.
jag

Very poor display from the team yesterday, right from the off Chesterfield dominated we could hardly muster more than 2 or 3 passes, when we eventually got the ball, at times I thought that we were running around trying to catch them. Early in the 2nd half I thought that we showed more passion and I was hoping for a break through but they got another corner and the goal was deserved , after that goal they bossed us again, very disappointing, before the game I watched their players during the warm up session and they were going full belt with their passing they looked very slick when I went over to our place in the Sieve and watched our lot it looked like they were just going through the motions showing no sort of interest, perhaps our trainers may want to take notice. I am sure they will play better at Southend next Saturday, could it be that their home supporters provide to much expectant pressure ?