The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Never realised that the Colchester squad this season appears to just be the Ipswich team from 2019/20... curious. Some decent older players on the Colchester list but having a google several of them seem to have been injured for most if not all of the season.

Given our defensive problems this season, I don't know we couldn't consider Eastman or Chambers an upgrade to the current squad. Chambers is 38 in September but played 85 games in the last two seasons.

Luke Hannant, also let go will likely go higher up than us but I believe he just got Dundee promoted in Scotland. Looks like the same situation for their left back Ryan Clampin.

Don't know too much about the Orient squad but they again appear to be letting go of some talented players with poor injury records.. Exactly what we cannot take a chance on next year after this season with guys like Tavares.
RM1Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 11:54 am
Never realised that the Colchester squad this season appears to just be the Ipswich team from 2019/20... curious. Some decent older players on the Colchester list but having a google several of them seem to have been injured for most if not all of the season.

Given our defensive problems this season, I don't know we couldn't consider Eastman or Chambers an upgrade to the current squad. Chambers is 38 in September but played 85 games in the last two seasons.

Luke Hannant, also let go will likely go higher up than us but I believe he just got Dundee promoted in Scotland. Looks like the same situation for their left back Ryan Clampin.

Don't know too much about the Orient squad but they again appear to be letting go of some talented players with poor injury records.. Exactly what we cannot take a chance on next year after this season with guys like Tavares.
Yes a fit Luke Chambers could play in this league with a cigar on the go probably even at 38. I don't know whether we'd get him but a really experienced old school defender would fit the bill for me.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mick Dagger

Chambers & Eastman from Colchester would be a brilliant pairing for us.
Diggerthedog

I really hope we do not become a retirement home for old and crap league two players. I understand we’re going back to the old mode of young and hungry, I’m expecting a young and relatively inexperienced side next season.
steeevooo

Agreed DtD, and if we do get an experienced head in (which is no bad thing and I would welcome), that we get the right one and don't end up with another Nosworthy...
AVincelotFlyingLeap

AVincelotFlyingLeap

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/20 ... list-2023/ Notts County. Was wondering how long Junior's contract - fair play to him getting chance in the league.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Stevenage feat : a certain ex dagger https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65641507
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:00 pm Stevenage feat : a certain ex dagger https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65641507
Michael Bostwick another older head in defence who played 30 games last season.
Auntie Merge

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:00 pm Stevenage feat : a certain ex dagger https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65641507
Is it just me who can't really remember him playing for us? It seems to get harder and harder to remember players names.
Mark

Appreciate he was only 20 at the time but I didn't rate him at all. A little surprised he's wound up with a L2 promotion under his belt.
Bluenose

Luke scored one of our most famous goals, the equaliser in the Scunthorpe 'monsoon' 3-3.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:24 pm
Is it just me who can't really remember him playing for us? It seems to get harder and harder to remember players names.
Saw him start up front with Murphy away to Bury (RIP) in the pissing rain in second year of uni. Quality player I thought, lots of ability. Have always followed him since.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Pablo

Walsall have released Wilkinson and Labadie. Yes to the first if we can afford him. Probably not to the second as he is 33 in August.