Southend United

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Ally Fraser

We’ll no longer be bottom of the table, for a couple of weeks at least.
McLeansvilleAppFan

We're not 24. We're not 24. We're not 24.

This gives us 4 matches of breathing room also.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Dagthat44

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:52 pm We're not 24. We're not 24. We're not 24.

Well if Southend carry on the way they are, and so do we - that would be 2 games...
McLeansvilleAppFan

Dagthat44 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:08 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:52 pm We're not 24. We're not 24. We're not 24.

Well if Southend carry on the way they are, and so do we - that would be 2 games...
Correct, I was thinking of the 10 points but we are ahead of them by far less.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

There is issues here that go beyond football and need an immediate explaination.

The Judge is alleged to have said " if you were not a football Club i eould have wound you up today"

Sorry but why is a Football Club above the law and more importantly we have a Judge who to abtain his postition had to swear that hecwould uphold the law and will so fear or favour i doing so.

Sorry but by his own comments he has failed to adhere to this pledge and execute his duty and in my oponion should be removed immediately
Mark

Whole thing is mental. Appreciate all clubs at this level are probably one absent owner away from insolvency, but unless we're about to reform the entire sport, the only course of action is to stop the club competing. It makes a mockery of the integrity of the competition. If you can't pay your staff, your tax bill, your ground maintenance or whatever, then you shouldn't be using the money you do have to fund players who are winning you games.
ARNU

Southend currently 2-0 up v Eastleigh. That'll put them just 2 points behind us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mick Dagger

WelshDagger15

So now Martin's knocking back bids, Southend Council have decided against buying Roots Hall for the £4.5m in fear of public backlash and Southend will be in court both the 3rd & 4th of October!!!

Also, they only had 13 players for Tuesday night and lets be honest staff wages probably are on hold again!

I can't have any sympathy for Southend as they have never shown any towards any other struggling clubs, including us, but it really doesn't look good for them now does it?!
Auntie Merge

WelshDagger15 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:50 am So now Martin's knocking back bids, Southend Council have decided against buying Roots Hall for the £4.5m in fear of public backlash and Southend will be in court both the 3rd & 4th of October!!!

Also, they only had 13 players for Tuesday night and lets be honest staff wages probably are on hold again!

I can't have any sympathy for Southend as they have never shown any towards any other struggling clubs, including us, but it really doesn't look good for them now does it?!
It doesn't look good, but I fear they would have been wound up a few weeks ago if it wasn't for the intervention of their MP (Anna Firth).

If they stay in business, but are withholding wages, isn't that another 10 points deduction?

This is so painful to watch and I feel for their fans.
Danamite

I see a video yesterday of the owner trying to run over a fan that was in he's way of hes car peacefully protesting.
Auntie Merge

It is going to the wire…

Takeover possibly happening today.
High court tomorrow

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66992758
Auntie Merge

Consortium reached agreement to buy Southend.
https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2 ... -the-club/
Mark

Pleased for the fans that they still have a club. Still think it's a farce they have been allowed to play this season and continually fail to pay the bills.

Does anyone here understand the ins and outs of why they all hate Ron Martin so much? It seems to me that they have expenses way beyond their income and Martin continually uses his own money to plug the gap? Albeit very late on many occasions but it's still his money I believe? And if he's now effectively giving the club and ground away he's basically spent a fortune and got nothing for it?