Pre season friendlies

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
jag

I noticed that the pre season friendly against the Hammers would include some 1st team players and some under 21s but the team will be flying back from Australia 2 days prior to our scheduled game, there is no way they will play their first team so soon so we will be lucky if we get just a couple who are either recovering from injuries or their Goalkeepers, if anyone can let me know who I may of missed out I would be grateful as I may have to cancel a trip from Sussex, also my brother is arranging for his 2 grand children to be in attendance tough luck if they can not identify a West ham player.
Mark

Many of the players on international duty aren't going on the Australia trip. From what I've heard we can expect a handful of first teamers.
BB-Dagger

I won’t be going to that one, all of the plastic wets spammers wearing club shirts that they just bought because of winning a third tier trophy, makes me want to vomit.
Jealousy is a powerful emotion :angry:
RayleighDagger1986

I won't bother with the home friendlies, I'll take a trip to Aveley and Hornchurch
stanton101

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:32 am I won’t be going to that one, all of the plastic wets spammers wearing club shirts that they just bought because of winning a third tier trophy, makes me want to vomit.
I wonder if you felt the same way when those West Ham fans turned up and helped save our arse when we needed a few quid.
Short memories some people.
len

As West Ham ladies have played their games here over the last few years and drawn similar crowds to us, this has got be be of benefit financially. If you also consider how much was spent on our pitch through that connection
in bringing it up to the superb standard it is now, financed through I believe something like the woman's football association. I am no lover of West Ham, but any connection with them, including sending a team down here with a couple of first teamers for a friendly that would benefit our coffers would be greatly welcomed.
BB-Dagger

stanton101 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:33 am
BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:32 am I won’t be going to that one, all of the plastic wets spammers wearing club shirts that they just bought because of winning a third tier trophy, makes me want to vomit.
I wonder if you felt the same way when those West Ham fans turned up and helped save our arse when we needed a few quid.
Yep I felt the same way and didn’t go! don’t give a toss about them, I’m a Daggers fan not a closet spammer. No point in being a hypocrite
stanton101

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:21 pm
stanton101 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:33 am
Yep I felt the same way and didn’t go! don’t give a toss about them, I’m a Daggers fan not a closet spammer. No point in being a hypocrite
I'm talking about the benefit game when they turned up in numbers to help save us from going out of business altogether. Not the two bob friendly pre season kick abouts.
There's plenty of Hammers that add to our attendences as well as some spurs fans.
We rely on that money to keep our dinosaur of a club going because without it we'd be playing over the marshes. Mind you some of our football in recent years we'd have our work cut out even at that level!
hockley dagger

It always struck me our attendances flattened when West Ham moved to Stratford and again Tottenham's move. The extra 20,000 plus punters have come from somewhere. My lad pointed out since the West Ham move we have struggled, Colchester have struggled, Southend hsve more or less gone bust (apparently the housing development at their new site is now in trouble) and been relegated twice. Coincidence?