📝 Signing | Tom Eastman

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Extremely happy with this. The profile of centre half we've been crying out for who, at 31 having spent his entire career in the Football League, is majorly experienced while still having a lot to offer. By all accounts still capable of playing at that level hence Harrogate's sustained interest but location has been the deciding factor, to our benefit.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Online reporting suggests he had agreed a contract with Harrogate but changed his mind about moving family to Yorkshire... this is a brilliant signing of he stays for.

Fascinated to see what it means for others in the back four... we already had Manny transfer listed... Will others in defence follow? Will Longe Kinge continue in midfield in front of a back four?
len

A big lad with loads of experience in the football league who will hopefully make our defence a lot more solid. Look forward to seeing who else we add to our squad.
RayleighDagger1986

Lcbdagger wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:56 am Online reporting suggests he had agreed a contract with Harrogate but changed his mind about moving family to Yorkshire... this is a brilliant signing of he stays for.

Fascinated to see what it means for others in the back four... we already had Manny transfer listed... Will others in defence follow? Will Longe Kinge continue in midfield in front of a back four?
Longe-King is not a midfielder. I do hope hes not played there next season
Mick Dagger

This is a brilliant signing. Reads the game well and is a footballer. Tom Eastman & Harry Phipps are chalk and cheese, could work well together.
Auntie Merge

We’ve signed a 6ft 5 defender with L2 experience.

A TALL defender… about bloody time!
Dagman

I suppose it would be too much to ask for Luke Chambers as well.
Mick Dagger

Dagman wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:06 pm I suppose it would be too much to ask for Luke Chambers as well.
That would be something.
Lcbdagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:09 pm
Lcbdagger wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:56 am Online reporting suggests he had agreed a contract with Harrogate but changed his mind about moving family to Yorkshire... this is a brilliant signing of he stays for.

Longe-King is not a midfielder. I do hope hes not played there next season
Agreed, but the Manager seemed to like having him in at the end of the season... No scenario, I can see where he part of a first-choice back 4.
Diggerthedog

I don’t think the manager had a choice but playing them at the back end of last season.

Great signing, hopefully a few more to follow soon don’t want too many later arrivals in pre season.
Dagdale

I really like the fact he could quite easily have carried on playing EFL and Harrogate and perhaps not wanting to move up there worked a tad in our favour but chose us and Wow a tall matured 31 year old centre back running alongside Harry Phipps sounds quite awesome and well done to all involved, a well needed sign of what direction we could be heading at last and a couple of others pronto!
EssexDagger!

Does this mean we will be able to defend from
Corners, now?
Lcbdagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:57 pm Does this mean we will be able to defend from
Corners, now?
Literally no chance :innocent:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Pity he was not 7ft 5 as he may have a chance of getting on the end of some of those woefull crosses we have seen over the last few seasons from set pieces.

All joking aside if Sidney is given a chance we will certainly have some presence at such situations next season