Where do we go from here?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

We’ve all made suggestions in lots of threads about what the club should be doing to move forward. But I can’t seem to find one thread which covers these ideas, and I’m curious to know what everyone would do.

No particular reason for this. I was just thinking what I’d do if I won more than £2.80 on the Euromillions.

If you were running the club what would you do?
What changes would you make?
How would you bring in new supporters of all ages
and make them come back? What would you do to improve match day experiences?
Things are tougher than ever, how can we guarantee the continuity of the club, both on and off the pitch?
Where do we as a club go from here?

[Oh and it’s all very well saying ‘sack…’ If that is your opinion, even when they are gone the club will still need direction, what direction do you want it to take?]
RayleighDagger1986

Kids for a quid (up to ages 16), irrespective of terrace or seats. Future fans and need to build this up.

If I ploughed millions into the club following a Euro millions win on the lottery, season tickets would be like £100, entice fans to the club or back to the club.
Mark

We have a wonderful clubhouse these days and need to make more of it. Nobody drinks there outside of matchday any more. Even at 2pm on a Saturday you can walk up the bar and get served in seconds. There has to be something about encouraging more people to use us as their local pub.

In terms of attendances, Strevs has the biggest influence. People are sick and tired of losing which we've been doing for over ten years. They are also sick of expensively assembled squads who can't do basic things like defend corners or put consistent effort levels in every week.

Outside of that, I don't understand the new ticket pricing at all. Most of my group make last minute decisions for convenience and have indicated they will come less often now as a result of the matchday ticket increase.

In terms of younger fans, the ones we attract with ticket deals seem to treat it as a chance to cause trouble. Not sure big groups of teenagers are really what we need.
Dagman

The way forward would be to gradually improve the facilities. The toilets especially those in the terraces need an update.
It is difficult to align success on the pitch to increase in home attendances as in the promotion year in League 2 I did not see much increase apart from the attendance of away fans.
The problem will always be the attraction of West Ham. The attendance of my mates depends more on the clash with West Ham home fixtures than any increase in ticket prices. I ended up standing in the sieve without them after the move to London Stadium made it easier for them to attend West Ham matches.
Mark

Some of my friends started coming to us more after the Olympic stadium move because they hate it there! But unfortunately the football they've seen in recent years has not kept them coming back much.

I've noticed that the toilets do at least have bog roll and soap for the last year or so which is already a big improvement on the past!

I think the product on the pitch does have some impact. At times last year we had about 800 home fans in the ground whereas we had almost 2k for some of the football league games. These days it seems to only be Southend game that attracts those numbers.
NBDag

Sorry but who has ever said no I’m not going to the football this weekend because it’s not a nice place to have a shit? I haven’t seen a single ground anywhere that has a spa in the bogs. All public toilets are nasty, grow up and get used to it.

I remember Orient a few years ago did free season tickets for kids that was very successful for them. I’d love to see us take the hit and do it. As from looking around our crowd we will have an attendance of 200 in 20 odd years… We should see a scheme like that as a long term investment.

The fun police will also hate this one, but bars in the sieve and carling stand are much needed. Will generate more atmosphere, make watching us more bearable, and they’d probably also put more money into the clubs pocket too.
Daggerman

NBDag wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:33 pm Sorry but who has ever said no I’m not going to the football this weekend because it’s not a nice place to have a shit? I haven’t seen a single ground anywhere that has a spa in the bogs. All public toilets are nasty, grow up and get used to it.

I remember Orient a few years ago did free season tickets for kids that was very successful for them. I’d love to see us take the hit and do it. As from looking around our crowd we will have an attendance of 200 in 20 odd years… We should see a scheme like that as a long term investment.

The fun police will also hate this one, but bars in the sieve and carling stand are much needed. Will generate more atmosphere, make watching us more bearable, and they’d probably also put more money into the clubs pocket too.
Actually I quite enjoy a Poo at the Bury rd end at half time! If the facility was there for a pie and a pint at the same time it would improve my match day experience :thumbu:
Dagdale

On replying of drinking in stadiums does everybody remember Beckenham? What a day out that was! Blimey there club must have made a packet on us fans of the daggers that afternoon, 4 pound a pint/bottle probably come from a supermarket around the corner but how that club must have been post grateful and what a nice change to hold a pint on the perimeters of the pitch, sadly can't see the day it would be given the green light above Step 3 football. Toilets? Who remembers the ones in the away section of York City's Old Bootham Crescent? Think you needed to be pissed to take away the experience!