Manny Gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

To Hartlepool. Best resolution for both parties as he looked a pale imitation of the version we saw first time around; all over the place, error-prone and visibly shot of confidence. The best chance at regaining that was always going to be at pastures new and hopefully there wasn't too much of a compensation package with this offer on the table, more a case of them taking over his contract. There is a good player in there, case in point the display at Notts County which was probably the best I saw from anyone in a Dagenham shirt last season, and he did then improve when Strevens came in, but keeping him would have been a risk.

Mussa next.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagthat44

Would like to see a back 4 of Hare, Phipps, Eastman, Ling going forward. This allows Hill and Weston to be wingers without the burden of defensive duties, however i dont think we will see this. This would mean we are still a decent CB short when playing a 3 , and we need better than Parker the trialist... Strevs has recruited well so hopefully he pulls 3 or 4 more out the bag who improve us.
len

Agree he didn't look the same player when he rejoined us because prior to that he was excellent.
Lcbdagger

No chance of us playing a back 4 while we go tactically with 3 in central midfield and look at trying ot build a front two rather than one central player in Effiong...

Ironically I think it was exactly the problems with a back 3 on Saturday that led to the goal from Hornchurch as we have always had issues with covering the left and right side of the back 3 in games, going back seasons now.

After Weston's performance at the weekend, and his increasing age I would love ot see him as a winger rather than up and down the pitch all game as a wing back, having to defend and attack.
Dagman

Myles could also play upfront with Inih but just take up wide positions.
Lcbdagger

Dagman wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:10 pm Myles could also play upfront with Inih but just take up wide positions.
Going by the Hornchurch interview, the manager tried that but wants him back out wide as soon as possible on the left... Let's see what becomes available in terms of striking options going forward. I think Sydney and Aaron look decent and full of potential for two young guys from pre-season thus far but if there are 15 League goals between them this coming season I will be amazed.
Mark

Killing your aging, best creative player at wing back is a non-starter for me. 433 is the way forward.

I am sorry to see Manny go, apparently a high earner and we can sign 2 for the price of 1, but purely on football he walks into our current team. If we really are going to play 3 centre backs with the likes of Ling, Johnson or DLK in there then we're in for a long season. I rate Lingy but he's a right back.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So thats 17 left including 2 goalkeepers. Suppose nobody is not going to feel part of it
Kevin

I wish Manny well - decent player, particularly in his first spell with us.