Friendly: West Ham (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Finally a friendly at home.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RayleighDagger1986

Not for me
len

Should be a big crowd as all the seats have already sold. If West Ham include a few first team squad players will be a good workout for us as well.
Auntie Merge

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:07 pm Finally a friendly at home.
Traditionally, we usually have few home friendlies and as late in the scheduled as possible, in order to protect our pitch.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:14 pm
Traditionally, we usually have few home friendlies and as late in the scheduled as possible, in order to protect our pitch.
Not having many makes sense but having them early and then giving the pitch a few weeks to recover before the season starts would seem to make more sense, but maybe it is still recovering from last season.

I have to mow in the next day or two. I am starting to sweat just thinking of the humidity. Send good vibes my way Friday around 1400 BST.
Auntie Merge

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:47 am
Auntie Merge wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:14 pm
Not having many makes sense but having them early and then giving the pitch a few weeks to recover before the season starts would seem to make more sense, but maybe it is still recovering from last season.

I have to mow in the next day or two. I am starting to sweat just thinking of the humidity. Send good vibes my way Friday around 1400 BST.
To protect the pitch… probably laid or topped up grass seed at the end of the season. One year we had the whole turf replaced.

Good luck mowing the lawn. I have to go and weed this weekend as all the weedkiller I put down hasn't really worked 2nd time around, Then take a strimmer to som extremely long grass. weather permitting.
jag

I read earlier today that the Hammers announced that the could be playing some of the 1st team that did not travel to Australia ie. Fabiansky, Cresswell, Ings and Zouma if so I am looking forward to the challenge.
Mick Dagger

jag wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:57 pm I read earlier today that the Hammers announced that the could be playing some of the 1st team that did not travel to Australia ie. Fabiansky, Cresswell, Ings and Zouma if so I am looking forward to the challenge.
All played against Spurs the other day in Australia.
len

The hammers website states, that the majority of the current senior internationals who did not travel to Australia will be involved in tomorrow's game, along with a few youngsters.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:56 am

Good luck mowing the lawn. I have to go and weed this weekend as all the weedkiller I put down hasn't really worked 2nd time around, Then take a strimmer to som extremely long grass. weather permitting.
33 C and 46% humidity. I guess it could have been worse. As a 53 year old I do not want it to be worse, that is for sure. I am tired to be honest. I should not have put it off for two weeks as it was tall. But it is DONE for a week or two and it is getting dry here so maybe two weeks out at this point.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Any chance someone snapped a few pics of the since a sell-out is not common. A panorama would have been ideal. I should have asked before the match and just now thought of this.
DaggerJoel11

Really encouraging signs, even with the obvious pinch of salt around friendlies. More than held our own against a side full of internationals, and had strong spells in control.

Very impressed by Jake Hessenthaler on his first showing, was composed in everything he did and distributed the ball efficiently. The defence behind him looked good, especially trialist Lewis Page who read every aspect of the game superbly along the flank. Josh Hare on the opposite side did well, too, driving down the wing and delivering dangerous crosses.

Big boost for Sydney Ibie dispatching the penalty as he continues to look sharper. The other big man Effiong was a constant menace as well, completely bullying Premier League defenders at times while taking his goal assuredly.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
len

Agree, I thought it was an excellent performance and that Effiong held the ball up brilliantly and scored a great goal. When Sid came on thought he looked very lively and despatched his penalty with confidence. Not sure of the exact line-up and would appreciate if perhaps Joel could supply that if possible please.
DaggerJoel11

len wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:24 pm Agree, I thought it was an excellent performance and that Effiong held the ball up brilliantly and scored a great goal. When Sid came on thought he looked very lively and despatched his penalty with confidence. Not sure of the exact line-up and would appreciate if perhaps Joel could supply that if possible please.
No problem mate.

GK: Elliot Justham
LWB: Lewis Page* ↪️ Myles Weston (75')
LCB: Elliott Johnson ↪️ Mich'el Parker* (81')
CB: Tom Eastman ↪️ Harry Phipps (63')
RCB: David Longe-King
RWB: Josh Hare
DM: Sam Ling ↪️ Renny Smith* (68')
CM: Jake Hessenthaler ↪️ Conor Lawless* (63')
CM: Frank Vincent
CAM: Josh Rees ↪️ Aaron Blair (75')
ST: Inih Effiong ↪️ Sydney Ibie (63')

*Trialists | No minutes for Tavares who surely is nowhere near ready for the new season. Hill missing also with a rumoured minor groin injury.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:41 pm
len wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:24 pm Agree, I thought it was an excellent performance and that Effiong held the ball up brilliantly and scored a great goal. When Sid came on thought he looked very lively and despatched his penalty with confidence. Not sure of the exact line-up and would appreciate if perhaps Joel could supply that if possible please.
No problem mate.

GK: Elliot Justham
LWB: Lewis Page* ↪️ Myles Weston (75')
LCB: Elliott Johnson ↪️ Mich'el Parker* (81')
CB: Tom Eastman ↪️ Harry Phipps (63')
RCB: David Longe-King
RWB: Josh Hare
DM: Sam Ling ↪️ Renny Smith* (68')
CM: Jake Hessenthaler ↪️ Conor Lawless* (63')
CM: Frank Vincent
CAM: Josh Rees ↪️ Aaron Blair (75')
ST: Inih Effiong ↪️ Sydney Ibie (63')

*Trialists | No minutes for Tavares who surely is nowhere near ready for the new season. Hill missing also with a rumoured minor groin injury.
Anything from Lawless or Smith today to suggest we will get them on board for the new season? Already a fan of Page from what I've seen so far... we're continuing with Parker but he hasn't impressed so far... no attacking trialists today?? Anyone hearing any rumours of players we are looking at?