Northampton Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

If ever we had a bogey team it would be this one. They have bought in some very good players even throwing money at centre backs this week. Having never scored against this lot at home ever I think it might change this time. Think this could be 1-1 or 2-2.

Hopefully a good crowd with no premiershit this weekend and a decent away following.
OBD

To add to the bogey sides, what about the ex player coming back to haunt his old club curse? Looks like Lawson has had a solid start to his season there...
@OfficialBigDave
Lcbdagger

OBD wrote:To add to the bogey sides, what about the ex player coming back to haunt his old club curse? Looks like Lawson has had a solid start to his season there...
Decent player but never did enough for me to suggest he would start this season... not sure he was defensive enough to play the Boucard role and have dosplaced Howell or Abu from a more attacking role. Glad he found a team at this level
The Romford Dagger

According to their forum, the sold 227 tickets by 4 of clock yesterday.
leewilson

It's the most optimistic I've been for a Northampton visit I guess, but I'm still not expecting it to go well such is our record against them.
Lcbdagger

Nearly 2700 attendance last season? ? Not too be sniffed at this year
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:Nearly 2700 attendance last season? ? Not too be sniffed at this year
The had 1200 due to their relegation scrap. Think they might have 350-400 this time around.
Dagdale

F**k me didn't realize until the table sent in by Mike that we've never scored at home against them, so if we break that duck tomorrow one dagger player will be our hero for the day whatever the outcome. Somehow can not see it being goalless and wouldn't it be great at last to grab the 3 points. Found the Lawson D ath experience last season a bit of a blessing and would have liked him to stay, so hope we give him a good welcome again.
Lcbdagger

BBC suggests Ryan Cresswell the ex Southend defender will be making his debut tomorrow... hoping we can keep him at bay for 90 minutes... ver enjoyed a Daggers game when he has played
Dagdale

Talking about attendances, this match today could be hopefully a slight blessing for the club, it seems Daggers are the only League side playing in town today as because of the International games quite a few League One's are off too including neighbours Leyton Orient. Nearest other teams to us playing today at home are Stevenage and Southend Utd, more than a bus ride away, wonder are we going to see the results come 3 O clock?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:BBC suggests Ryan Cresswell the ex Southend defender will be making his debut tomorrow... hoping we can keep him at bay for 90 minutes... ver enjoyed a Daggers game when he has played
Good in the air but play it on the floor and this is a weakness we can surely exploit in Creswell
Pondfield Dagger

no long balls today then? 6`4 cresswell up against cureton and hemmings both 5`8, then boucard, howell, chambers,agogo aren't much taller at 5`10/5'11

i see their fans are on soccer am.
Lcbdagger

Hopefully they finish like their fans did earlier... shocking stuff on Soccer AM! :shock:
Pondfield Dagger

john salako is at our ground, reporting the game on sky sports news...

broke our hearts with that 86th min equaliser at the valley...