Fans Forum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Anyone go last night? Saw Mussa has been given a second chance. Anything else come out of it?
McLeansvilleAppFan

On the Daggers Friends Facebook page a very detailed post was made by a Dan Boden. I could cut and paste here if no one objects.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

All of below cut and pasted from Dagger Friends post on Facebook. Written by a Dan Boden
-----------------------------

from last night’s fans forum
Steve Thompson and Ben Strevens in attendance, Peter Freund and one of the Schwabs for part, Todd Johnson throughout on Zoom
I’d wanted to separate on and off the field stuff but there’s some overlap and I might miss some of what was mentioned- so in chronological order of my notes- feel free to ask myself or any other attendees to expand on particular points
* Poor/ no comms from Freund & Ungur last season because they was making 20 baseball teams in the US(!)
*Johnson added to add personnel and outlook
*We’ve been one of the top spenders in the league
* Americans attend to be attending more, Peter Over for Barnet - Todd - for Maidenhead, aim to alternate between them so there’s a more visible presence more often
* Freund- Mcmahon sacked because we was underachieving - unacceptable where we was - reiterates play offs expected
* Thompson/ Strevens- Having some sort of youth set up witn b and d college- have 6 apprentices coming in
* Strevens -No more signings (suggests loans later on)
* Strevs was shocked at the wages/ wage bill when he came back, it needed players out to accommodate inward movement
* Strevens- we’ll be looking to into using loan market
* Freund- re Stadium redevelopment - will look when he’s over
*Thompson- Bury road redevelopment plans drawn up when hopkin was here - houses cause issues for planning permission and access, cost would be pushing 7 figures, it would reduce our capacity, may be a fight to get planning permission- not considered a priority
*Strevens - regarding the Mussa situation
The question was regarding terminating his contract -
When Strevens came in was clear Mussa didn’t fit in any group, tried to get senior players to assist, didn’t work.
Strevens said that from when he came in to the end everyone started a game but Mussa didn’t which ‘shows what I see in training’
He wasn’t allowed to come back at the start of pre season, but returned yesterday
. Has a lot to do to get anywhere near the team
Been seeing a psychologist
He is Involved in team shots today (Thursday)
Still transfer listed and if an offer came in for him we’d listen. Players do however come back from the brink so it’s on him
*Strevens - There’s a senior player leadership group- justham, effiong, Weston, ling, Hess, Eastman (apologies if I missed another)- these were consulted about the Mussa situation
*Todd -wants to push the envelope and build fanbase (He was very clear that our crowds are shit and we need to do something about it, seemed quite proud of implementing the flexi ticket but in a sense that this is progress and not just the start, made clear our promotion, or lack thereof is terrible)
*Strevens - Kendall got a point to prove- tried to bring players who have a point to prove
*Strevens - Excited about ibie- ‘could be anything’
Initially thought he might have to loan him- attitude means he’s staying (and as a first striker/ forward as opposed to a winger)
Ibie is involved as a striker, Blair back up
Originally thought Blair would be in contention for a starting place - looking to send him out on loan, needs to work on all round game
*Strevens- Sensed the perception from fans that players didn’t care- that is being changed
*Strevens- Convinced we will concede less - ‘can sit here positively and say’
Goals from around the pitch- goals from set play, goals from midfield
*Strevens - confidentJosh Rees will get 2 goals in first 10/15-
Robbo / sagaf didn’t score enough last season
*Thompson- believes 3 up 3 down as early as next season
*Thompson - Sieve sorted by Southend, entirely paid for by West Ham, he was on holiday and came back to the results. Will still be obstruction and not as good as before but won’t be as bad as it is
*Thompson- Food is shit- thommo will look into it. Franchised out- pro rata to attendances, we get a set fee and then any ratio based on gate, if the food is crap it hits the caterers in the pocket. Todd wanted to know specific examples
*Thompson- On if we tried to steal any players from Southend. Playing staff were generally first paid so wasn’t in the position to mop up, and if that situation did happen the best would probably be taken by football league clubs- admits they was interested in some of ours
*Todd- Club shop - it’s shit - Todd, we’d like to have more things- we have a club shop we need merchandise to sell, open to suggestions
*Strevens - Knows Conceding from set plays was an issue - in top 5 of most conceded last season
*Strevens - Phipps and Eastman seems partnership
Eastman
here because of family over Harrogate, they wanted him permanently after loan- sees Eastman at a leader at the back, Phipps had to take that upon himself last season despite lack of experience, playing alongside Eastman will help- Mentioned Eastman as someone prepared to put head on ball
*Strevens- hoping for West Ham connection
- Tim howard speaking to Moyes
- Strevs going to West Ham
Players agents probably don’t want them to play for Dagenham, Strevs ‘we will find out’
Thommo- Prem clubs only allowed loan out in windows- Ben is talking (strong hints from Strevens that there is a possibility of a West Ham loan)
Have access to little Heath for training
*Thompson - re capitalising on the West Ham sell out West Ham tickets online/- thommo will use database
Strevens came across well, Todd Johnson really seems passionate at some of the annoyances that we should be doing better at in the first place
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
NBDag

3 up 3 down as early as next season? Absolutely no chance the EFL go for that.

I really do hope that with Howard’s (and the club’s) connection to West Ham we can get some decent loans in. The same for Strev’s with Luton. Sounds promising…
Lcbdagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:12 pm All of below cut and pasted from Dagger Friends post on Facebook. Written by a Dan Boden
-----------------------------

from last night’s fans forum
Steve Thompson and Ben Strevens in attendance, Peter Freund and one of the Schwabs for part, Todd Johnson throughout on Zoom
I’d wanted to separate on and off the field stuff but there’s some overlap and I might miss some of what was mentioned- so in chronological order of my notes- feel free to ask myself or any other attendees to expand on particular points
* Poor/ no comms from Freund & Ungur last season because they was making 20 baseball teams in the US(!)
*Johnson added to add personnel and outlook
*We’ve been one of the top spenders in the league
* Americans attend to be attending more, Peter Over for Barnet - Todd - for Maidenhead, aim to alternate between them so there’s a more visible presence more often
* Freund- Mcmahon sacked because we was underachieving - unacceptable where we was - reiterates play offs expected
* Thompson/ Strevens- Having some sort of youth set up witn b and d college- have 6 apprentices coming in
* Strevens -No more signings (suggests loans later on)
* Strevs was shocked at the wages/ wage bill when he came back, it needed players out to accommodate inward movement
* Strevens- we’ll be looking to into using loan market
* Freund- re Stadium redevelopment - will look when he’s over
*Thompson- Bury road redevelopment plans drawn up when hopkin was here - houses cause issues for planning permission and access, cost would be pushing 7 figures, it would reduce our capacity, may be a fight to get planning permission- not considered a priority
*Strevens - regarding the Mussa situation
The question was regarding terminating his contract -
When Strevens came in was clear Mussa didn’t fit in any group, tried to get senior players to assist, didn’t work.
Strevens said that from when he came in to the end everyone started a game but Mussa didn’t which ‘shows what I see in training’
He wasn’t allowed to come back at the start of pre season, but returned yesterday
. Has a lot to do to get anywhere near the team
Been seeing a psychologist
He is Involved in team shots today (Thursday)
Still transfer listed and if an offer came in for him we’d listen. Players do however come back from the brink so it’s on him
*Strevens - There’s a senior player leadership group- justham, effiong, Weston, ling, Hess, Eastman (apologies if I missed another)- these were consulted about the Mussa situation
*Todd -wants to push the envelope and build fanbase (He was very clear that our crowds are shit and we need to do something about it, seemed quite proud of implementing the flexi ticket but in a sense that this is progress and not just the start, made clear our promotion, or lack thereof is terrible)
*Strevens - Kendall got a point to prove- tried to bring players who have a point to prove
*Strevens - Excited about ibie- ‘could be anything’
Initially thought he might have to loan him- attitude means he’s staying (and as a first striker/ forward as opposed to a winger)
Ibie is involved as a striker, Blair back up
Originally thought Blair would be in contention for a starting place - looking to send him out on loan, needs to work on all round game
*Strevens- Sensed the perception from fans that players didn’t care- that is being changed
*Strevens- Convinced we will concede less - ‘can sit here positively and say’
Goals from around the pitch- goals from set play, goals from midfield
*Strevens - confidentJosh Rees will get 2 goals in first 10/15-
Robbo / sagaf didn’t score enough last season
*Thompson- believes 3 up 3 down as early as next season
*Thompson - Sieve sorted by Southend, entirely paid for by West Ham, he was on holiday and came back to the results. Will still be obstruction and not as good as before but won’t be as bad as it is
*Thompson- Food is shit- thommo will look into it. Franchised out- pro rata to attendances, we get a set fee and then any ratio based on gate, if the food is crap it hits the caterers in the pocket. Todd wanted to know specific examples
*Thompson- On if we tried to steal any players from Southend. Playing staff were generally first paid so wasn’t in the position to mop up, and if that situation did happen the best would probably be taken by football league clubs- admits they was interested in some of ours
*Todd- Club shop - it’s shit - Todd, we’d like to have more things- we have a club shop we need merchandise to sell, open to suggestions
*Strevens - Knows Conceding from set plays was an issue - in top 5 of most conceded last season
*Strevens - Phipps and Eastman seems partnership
Eastman
here because of family over Harrogate, they wanted him permanently after loan- sees Eastman at a leader at the back, Phipps had to take that upon himself last season despite lack of experience, playing alongside Eastman will help- Mentioned Eastman as someone prepared to put head on ball
*Strevens- hoping for West Ham connection
- Tim howard speaking to Moyes
- Strevs going to West Ham
Players agents probably don’t want them to play for Dagenham, Strevs ‘we will find out’
Thommo- Prem clubs only allowed loan out in windows- Ben is talking (strong hints from Strevens that there is a possibility of a West Ham loan)
Have access to little Heath for training
*Thompson - re capitalising on the West Ham sell out West Ham tickets online/- thommo will use database
Strevens came across well, Todd Johnson really seems passionate at some of the annoyances that we should be doing better at in the first place
I love the inference that Todd came in and basically said everything is sh@t and needs to improve :grin:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Great stuff thanks for sharing ! Very interesting.

3 up 3 down from next year ! Let's go !
Kevin

Echo the above - thanks to the original chap for making the notes & for the notes being shared.

The "I was on holiday" line used to parry the balls-up of the building works within the sieve is yet another example of why one sole single person shouldn't have the level of responsibility/control that is currently given.

Hopefully this is addressed as the season progresses.
rebeldagger

Lovely to see some feedback from the fan's forum, and I'm glad to see some constructive comments from Todd, Peter, Craig and Tim.

As for the holiday.....
The Incendiary Pig

Really grateful to Dan for posting the review