NL: Southend United (H) 12 August 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Southend destroyed Oldham 4-nil to open the season.

First fixture at home this season for the Daggers.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Dagdale

Apparently sold out their 1200 allocation and after that Oldham result not surprised, sure hope we can get off the starting grid rather rapidly, saw enough last Saturday especially after Altrincham took the lead that the daggers team fire with more passion and determination, Don't think we picked up any injuries and I agree Eastwood looked solid and what we've needed for ages, What ego that would bring if we could topple this lot so soon in the season and I can't see why not. Could be sold out?
Diggerthedog

What a fickle lot Southend are, 3 blocks sold Friday and talk of a boycott, now they’re sold out because of a 4 nil win and not a protest in sight.

Could care less about them, we need a win as two games in without a win wouldn’t be the best of starts.
shrimperama

Is that a joke?

We have been protesting for months outside the chairman's house, in the high street and at the ground. More protests are planned.

Hardly jumping on the bandwagon. A good few are still boycotting home games and just doing away so it's hardly surprising that we have sold out our allocation of 1200 odd.

Shame we no longer get the extra standing area at the side but after your lot tried their hardest to kick it off the other year it's unsurprising.

I see a few of your fans feel we shouldn't even have been allowed to start the season. We are and have. Hopefully we will dish out another hammering in your cup final.
len

shrimperama wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:49 am Is that a joke?

We have been protesting for months outside the chairman's house, in the high street and at the ground. More protests are planned.

Hardly jumping on the bandwagon. A good few are still boycotting home games and just doing away so it's hardly surprising that we have sold out our allocation of 1200 odd.

Shame we no longer get the extra standing area at the side but after your lot tried their hardest to kick it off the other year it's unsurprising.

I see a few of your fans feel we shouldn't even have been allowed to start the season. We are and have. Hopefully we will dish out another hammering in your cup final.
I fully understand the frustration and anguish you have gone through, as most football fans would feel if it was their club. All things considered, your fans could not have done any more regarding protests and getting the stadium ready and for that I congratulate you. The sooner you get rid of Ron Martin the sooner you can get your club back and move forward. I wish you best for the season hopefully after we beat you Saturday
shrimperama

Thanks but there are a good few of your so called fans on socials who wish we had gone bust and don't believe we should have been allowed to start the season.

Almost all fan based league predictions I've seen appear to have us relegated.

I think that result against Oldham was an eye opener that we have a very good team of talented players.

Play like last Saturday against you and we will more than give you a game.
Diggerthedog

Just saying how I see it, win and no protests but lose and start one, very fickle.

None of us care about Southend, all the little ultra kids from either side do for 90 mins twice a season and then they magically crawl back under their rocks. It’s just another game for us normal Daggers.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Our Cup Final , talk about dillusions of grandeur. Just another game to me

Looking forward to the game as i do all of them.

You certainly appear to still have a lot of talent amongst your number. Sadly for you if they go on in that manner i doubt if they will be around for long and will find somwhere that will pay them if not more at least on time.

After looking at your goals Saturday got to say i hope we make a better fist of it. Yes i only saw the goals but Oldham looked tottally unfit and not even prepared to do the basics. The Goalkeeper looked to Goalkeeping what i am to brain surgery , tottally clueless.

Out of interest do you still have anything to do with those arch conivers of guile and cunning mssrs Still and Currie or have they cleared off back to Barnet yet.
Auntie Merge

len wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:26 am

I fully understand the frustration and anguish you have gone through, as most football fans would feel if it was their club. All things considered, your fans could not have done any more regarding protests and getting the stadium ready and for that I congratulate you. The sooner you get rid of Ron Martin the sooner you can get your club back and move forward. I wish you best for the season hopefully after we beat you Saturday
I’m very aware of the protests and the work Anna Firth MP has been doing to support your club.
I’ve recently moved to Leigh On Sea I don’t know if that’s why I’m more aware,

There are idiots on every social media platform. I think you’ll find when we were in trouble some of your fans wanted us to go bust. I don’t hold it against them though.

I don’t know where all the animosity comes from. Mostly I see things as harmless banter.

But Saturday is definitely not our cup final. It’s just another league game, our first home game of the season.

Good luck in rescuing your club from Ron Martin.
Dagger42

I don't want to see Southend go bust either. Obviously want to win Saturday . Me and my mates enjoyed our trip Roots Hall despite result. All clubs have idiots us included but majority just want see their team play enjoy the game . (Some more wins this season would be appreciated 🙂) Opinions expressed by fans like all things are the opinion of the individual whether they be positive or negative. I will say we do moan about Thommo could be worse we could have Ron Martin.
NBDag

shrimperama wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:49 am I see a few of your fans feel we shouldn't even have been allowed to start the season. We are and have. Hopefully we will dish out another hammering in your cup final.
If it’s our cup final then why are you trawling through a Dagenham forum looking for an argument you melon?

It’s a shame that Southend fans like this kid don’t try to be a bit more grown up, and civil. Maybe then they wouldn’t have people laughing at the mess the fans allowed their club to be dragged into.
Mark

As Digger says, they hadn't sold many tickets originally and then suddenly everyone jumps on the bandwagon cos they won a game.

As for the trouble, as noted above every year around 50 or so knob heads attach themselves to each club and attempt to turn this game into some kind of row. I doubt many real fans of either club give a toss about the other, we're not exactly historical rivals.

Southend should definitely have been kicked out of the league but the national league board are typically useless. Not sure how a club can continually fail to pay it's bills and still be allowed to compete. Makes a mockery of the integrity of the competition. I do hope the club gets a buyer soon tho and can sort itself out.
shrimperama

Mark wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:56 pm As Digger says, they hadn't sold many tickets originally and then suddenly everyone jumps on the bandwagon cos they won a game.

As for the trouble, as noted above every year around 50 or so knob heads attach themselves to each club and attempt to turn this game into some kind of row. I doubt many real fans of either club give a toss about the other, we're not exactly historical rivals.

Southend should definitely have been kicked out of the league but the national league board are typically useless. Not sure how a club can continually fail to pay it's bills and still be allowed to compete. Makes a mockery of the integrity of the competition. I do hope the club gets a buyer soon tho and can sort itself out.
Another one.

I'll bite. Why should we be kicked out of the league.

Ground passed the safety cert
Players and staff now paid.
Remain under embargo and getting on with it.
Hrmc owed but will be cleared and takeover about to happen.

So, why should we be out of the league exactly?

As for selling tickets. You are literally an hour away and we travel really well. Why wouldn't we sell out.
shrimperama

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:22 am

Our Cup Final , talk about dillusions of grandeur. Just another game to me

Looking forward to the game as i do all of them.

You certainly appear to still have a lot of talent amongst your number. Sadly for you if they go on in that manner i doubt if they will be around for long and will find somwhere that will pay them if not more at least on time.

After looking at your goals Saturday got to say i hope we make a better fist of it. Yes i only saw the goals but Oldham looked tottally unfit and not even prepared to do the basics. The Goalkeeper looked to Goalkeeping what i am to brain surgery , tottally clueless.

Out of interest do you still have anything to do with those arch conivers of guile and cunning mssrs Still and Currie or have they cleared off back to Barnet yet.
Still and Currie are both still at the club and doing a great job.

Oldham were poor because we made them look poor. We passed them death on Saturday.

We didn't even have a proper pre season but the players still ran themselves ragged.

This is a special bunch of players at roots hall. The fans love them and they love the club. Bridge is easily our best player and still wants to stay without a contract and is paid game by game.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well if Mr Still is hanging around then i would suggest that good news is only around the corner.

We had a simular situation a few years ago and Still was straight out the door even lied to our fans that he had no job to go to on a sunny day at a fans forum.

Next morning it was pissing down all over London and there he is being revealed as the new Barnet Manager in complete sunshine . The weather conditions proved that he had totally misled us only hours before . Shamefully i am not convinced our board were totally ignorent to this deception.

We recruited Peter Taylor who recruited a team that was not very good but at least had a heart.

Going back to the Oldham game you had last week i know one thing for certain at what i saw at Altrincham last Saturday you wont be allowed time like they gave you as Strevs has recruited more then one who can put themselves about a bit.
One of the things i took out of that game a few red cards for us this season is an absoloute cert