Dreadfull.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Vincent , Rees, Kendall, Hessenthaler, Page just all pi55 off. Useless. Embarrassing!!
Strevs you might as well do one as well.

We got nothing going forward, nothing linking midfield to the boys up front.

I can't believe we will ever start Vincent again

Phippsy and Eastman along with Lingy and Lawless only ones playing like they gave a shit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
EssexDagger!

Southend were a level above us from the 1st whistle to the last and on that evidence, I fancy them to be there or their abouts in regards to the promotion race.
Taking nothing away from SUFC’s showing though, I expected more from our boys in first home game of the new season, new boys wanting to impress the fans and in a local Derby etc, but pathetic all round barring a few of the defenders.

Apart from Effiong, I really don’t know where the goals are going to come from in this team.
Sydney looked like he could have been a threat when on the ball but for such a lump of a man, he was getting outmuscled by opponents half of his size..

Hardly inspiring for Tuesday
SUSSEX DAGGER

Less said about that fhe better.

Justham, Eastman , Phipps and dont beleive i am ssying this Johnson the only ones who showed up.

First goal nobody filled in for the right back taking the throw on left hand side ,left us completely exposed.

Two games in snd in an 18 man squad we sign a player who has played an average of 10 a season for the past 10 seasons . He lasts 1 game 25 mibutes . Good player but a risk that should never have been taken in my book.

Well done Southend utter pro performance against relegation fodder ,or thats what we will be if we dont bring at least four in asap
BB-Dagger

That has to be one of the worst performances I’ve seen in many a year, totally embarrassing in some respects, I hate to say it but the pikeys played us off the park. Didn’t take much effort because the team that Strevs has built to build on the Daggers ethos of hard work and “being a Dagger” must still thumbing a lift home from Altringham
Mark

Terrible. Ibie as a wing back, do me a favour.

The midfield 3, looked like 3 lads we'd pulled out of the pub, painfully slow, not sharp. Rees totally anonymous and Vincent couldn't pass wind.

Kendall offered zero up front, no pace, couldn't hold it up, didn't link with anyone.

No legs in the team whatsoever, no dynamism or creativity.

Eastman and Phipps about our best players.
NBDag

Yeah pretty much all of this. However Ibie deserves some praise for trying to at least take the game to then when being played horrendously out of position.

Vincent and Rees were crap. Nothing close to what I expected given how they were spoken about by both the club and previous fans. Can we get Robbo and Sagaf back, please?

It’s far too early to make any sort of judgement on Strevs, teams take time to form. But he spoke about the mentality of the squad this week and how the players are ready to fight for each other. That was very different to the truth today and he needs to work out why the reality was so far away from his expectations. Because on Tuesday another club who are actually ready for fight for each other are heading our way, and right now we do not have a clue about how to beat them.

Also, let today be a lesson to all managers out there. Especially every manager that has been at the club for the last 5 years. Injury prone players get injured easily. They are not coups and their luck/fitness does not suddenly change the moment they put a red shirt on.
Diggerthedog

Echo pretty much what was said above, I’m not even sure what the game plan is right now and that needs to change. Based on those two performances we’re in big trouble but having a budget where you can’t attract players and care barely name a match day squad it should come as no surprise we’re really bad.
RM1Dagger

Yep a day to forget for all the debutants..like others I fear where the goals will come from in this team. I thought Syd had a couple of bright moments but ultimately no end product.

That said, I did think Southend looked a decent team and should have been out of sight by halftime.
Now the SE27 Dagger
ARNU

Just watched Strevs after match interview. At least he was watching the same game as us. He recognises what a total pile of shit it was.
We don't need to see at least 5 of those players starting on Tuesday.
For me, and I said this in pre season, I cannot see where we are gonna get goals from. Kendall couldn't get a touch today, couldn't keep the ball and certainly never had a shot. Ibie, a 7 ft basketball player who can't jump has no end product and Effiong won't score with no service and I doubt he'll make much of his own luck.
Please go and beg Morias and Sagaf to come back. We don't have any exciting players.
We will lose on Tuesday too.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

Full credit to Southend who were fierce from the off.
They played like a team, which is not surprising considering because of their embargo, its the same team that just missed out on the playoffs last season.
RomfordDagger91

Awful with the ball even worse without it.
Dagdale

We totally blew it today never got a look in and fully shell shocked especially after seeing some' bit of light' in Greater Manchester last week. Blown away our home record on the first game how bad is that, Southend United ruled the whole pitch and we wouldn't have won that game if we carried on playing till Midnight. If there is a consolation sitting behind Ben and watching a few bottles fly If anybody can put it right he can, and please when interviewing him post match to the guys running that show please locate near a wind breaker, can't make much of that at all?
jag

Oh dear I totally agree what has already been said about todays very poor performance, just to add my bit that Ben should have corrected the many things that were so wrong in the first half ie, the team were giving their players far to much room to receive a pass and not be challenged when on a rare occasion we received a pass they were straight onto us not giving us time to give a decent pass very similar tactics to Man City this should have been a very simple and effective change to reverse and improve our team game, I was singing the praises of Frank Vincent before the game based on his performance against the Gills, what has happened to him and a few others in the past 2weeks .he tried hard but I could only count 1 pass that he completed, just not good enough I was looking forward to coming again on Tuesday evening but my journey from Sussex is 50 miles and on todays performance I Sadly will have to just listen to the commentary, if it’s on, Just another issue to moan about is that this being a newly formed team us supporters should be given better programme info on our squad , 2 to 3 players were missing their names and shirt numbers and also appalling interview sound post match with Ben, come on Daggers we the fans deserve better than this.
DaggerJoel11

Completely dreadful. How much we were supposedly up for the game and what we produced in it simply did not align. Outclassed from the very first whistle without getting near them. We were passed to death like we had fewer men.

Figuratively, we did. Rees and Kendall were completely anonymous. Others were noticeable for how clumsy they were, especially in possession. The only ones exempt from harsh criticism are Justham, Phipps, Eastman and probably Ibie, who at least looked forwards when in possession but wasn't helped by practically being pinned in his own box at wing-back.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pablo

A very sobering performance. Our experienced and much vaunted new midfield were jaw droppingly bad. I doubt whether there could ever have been a worse home debut than that provided by Vincent with Rees and Hessenthaler not far behind although the boy Lawless at lest showed some energy and determination. The defence did well to keep the score down with some outstanding blocks and I think they will be more solid than anything we have seen in recent seasons but I agree I really don't see where the goals are coming from. There has to be a major up turn on Tuesday but with Hare out for the season probably and Hill, Llong King and Page already sidelined the immediate future looks bleak