NL: Gateshead (H) 15 August 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

I've seen absolutely nothing from Vincent Rees and Page. They look like duds. We'll be lucky to stay in this league if they're going to regularly feature. Hessenthaler I thought looked good v West ham but clearly v Southend he was marginally less dreadfull than Rees and Vincent And those two were and are definitely up there with the the very worst players to pull on a Daggers shirt.
Only Eastman and Lawless is any good from Ben's signings. You can tell you'll get 100%from Eastman whenever he plays. Page already crocked ( no surprises there) very anonymous prior to his injury. This lot are nothing more than relegation bound . This is not a team that'll be top half all season on the first two showings. Ben looked shell shocked in his interview after the Southend game. I can't see how we get out of this mess already.
Let's hope I eat my words tomorrow. Can anyone really see it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Sagres

jag wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:53 pm I have decided not to come to the Gateshead game but can anybody tell me if the Mixir will be on for the commentary, why do we not get this info in advance not just SOMETIMES on the day, I have attempted in the past to subscribe to the National League to view our games but they say this is for overseas supporters however in Saturdays programme it sounds like we will be able to subscribe can anyone clear this up as I am very confused.
https://www.daggers.co.uk/news/-NboK9xcoTCRNJR3tcNl
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:14 pm I've seen absolutely nothing from Vincent Rees and Page. They look like duds. We'll be lucky to stay in this league if they're going to regularly feature. Hessenthaler I thought looked good v West ham but clearly v Southend he was marginally less dreadfull than Rees and Vincent And those two were and are definitely up there with the the very worst players to pull on a Daggers shirt.
Only Eastman and Lawless is any good from Ben's signings. You can tell you'll get 100%from Eastman whenever he plays. Page already crocked ( no surprises there) very anonymous prior to his injury. This lot are nothing more than relegation bound . This is not a team that'll be top half all season on the first two showings. Ben looked shell shocked in his interview after the Southend game. I can't see how we get out of this mess already.
Let's hope I eat my words tomorrow. Can anyone really see it ?
Page was very good up at Altrincham, he is a level above this league but as pointed out made of glass. Don’t be so quick to write off these players, some are very good if used correctly. Not sure what people’s expectations were of this season, mid table was the reality of it all if we stayed injury free, not likely now unless the manager is given more funds.
IanC

there ya go, by far the best post i’ve read.
Well done sir,
ARNU

Doesn't matter where he puts Vincent, he couldn't make a successful pass or keep the ball.
Rees did absolutely nothing too. Did you see their arrival interviews? Remember this was their home debut in a game against a fierce rival in front of probably the biggest crowd we'll get all season..
I've never been so sure.
Pair of Duds !! ( Hessenthaler should thank the pair of them for making his awful performance look relatively whelming.)
Looking forward to being proved wrong of course.

Definitely drop them two tomorrow.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:34 pm Doesn't matter where he puts Vincent, he couldn't make a successful pass or keep the ball.
Rees did absolutely nothing too. Did you see their arrival interviews? Remember this was their home debut in a game against a fierce rival in front of probably the biggest crowd we'll get all season..
I've never been so sure.
Pair of Duds !! ( Hessenthaler should thank the pair of them for making his awful performance look relatively whelming.)
Looking forward to being proved wrong of course.

Definitely drop them two tomorrow.
Mmmmm Arnu was not impressed with Rees up at Altrincham first half but second half he was far far better so i have at least seen something. Vincent on the other hand was the reverse in my opinion.

Looking back to Saturday we could have got away with a nil nil. Why the right back was asked to take a throw on the left and nobody filled in is beyond me. Its not as if he brought anything special to the situation . They broke out from that very throw and we were tottally exposed down the right hand side . A dreadful goal to conceade . Done the basic there and they simply do not score with the ease they did.
We would have been nil nil and surely would not exposed ourselves again like we did for their second. We did not deserve a point but we may have acheived that feat if only we did the basi

We were dreadfull Saturday at least up at Altrincham we were competative and created something , we would have created more with a half decent out and out wide man . Sadly the Manager had other areas to focus on but the need for that decent out and out wide man needs addressing .

Hare was a big miss for us Saturday sadly it looks like he is crocked so the need to find somebody who can deliver a quality ball from corners or other wide situations has become evermore prevalent in my book because at the moment i have no faith in anybody we have to be able to consistantly do it.

Ironic really as Will Wright was available during the summer after the move to Gillingham did not turn out well. His ended up at Crawley and surely could have done a job for us even if only from restarts.
len

We came up against a side on Saturday that totally out played us on the day and apart from two or three of our players everyone else looked very ordinary. This does not now mean, however, on the strength of that one game most of our players who looked good in pre-season are now suddenly useless, that would be ridiculous assumption. We need to put this in to perspective, we have only played two games, we have a much smaller squad, we now have a reduced budget and we now have a number of injuries. We need to get behind the manager and the team.
DaggerJoel11

Won't be writing the midfield off after two games. Hessenthaler has still made several hundred EFL appearances while Vincent comes with good feedback from Notts County fans. Rees is the one I'm most concerned about as he wasn't even showing for the ball to make mistakes and was completely anonymous. I'd have Lawless over him tonight.

Southend may have a thin squad but it is very high in quality as supposed title favourites Oldham Athletic also found out the week before us. The extent to which they were superior was nonetheless very alarming and few will be as generous in enabling it as we were.

Gateshead did the very same thing to us at the end of March and have much the same squad, so this will be another game where we are likely to be on the back foot for the most part. Hopefully, not drawn into traps or played around to create two-on-one situations with a man over, though.

Strevens desperately needs that first home win. 2 points from 5 games, just a solitary goal and probably not even into double figures for shots on target.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

No doubts in my mind we should be moving away from 3 at the back today. A back 4 with Johnson and Ling on each side makes most sense given injuries, a 3 man midfield with Lawless replacing Rees who already looks like he’s out of his depth, and a front three of Ibie Effiong and Weston.

If we play a back 3 today with Ibie as a wingback then we may as well go home before a ball is kicked.
ARNU

Ok.
What are the managers realistic objectives this season?
If it's playoffs then I think I'm right to piss my pants over the dismal start to the season.

If it's league survival then I'll shut up right now and get with the programme. We just need another 49 points or so.
NBDag

Somehow we have made our attack even worse than on Saturday. Very bad feeling for tonight…
RM1Dagger

Never been moved to post during a game but I think this is possibly the worst performance for many a year. Words fail me..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Daggerfan

ARNU wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:19 pm Ok.
What are the managers realistic objectives this season?
If it's playoffs then I think I'm right to piss my pants over the dismal start to the season.

If it's league survival then I'll shut up right now and get with the programme. We just need another 49 points or so.
Based on tonight’s showing we’ll be lucky to get 30
NBDag

NBDag wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:51 pm Somehow we have made our attack even worse than on Saturday. Very bad feeling for tonight…
Well… Imagine my surprise.

Pathetic squad brought together because of a pathetic board.
ARNU

This already feels to me like the very worst team we've had in the last 20 years.

How long will it be before the "Don't know what you're doing" chant rings around the ground ?

How TF was Kendall Motm ?
I'd have given to Justham for the way he fetched the ball from the back of his net 4 times.**

**This was a joke and in no way does it reflect on Elliots goalkeeping. It's hardly his fault if the other 10 leave him with no chance.