NL: Maidenhead United (A) 19 August 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Maidenhead United sitting in 12th in the table, which is 10 positions higher than Dag&Red.

Maidenhead United is 1-1-1.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
len

After Tuesday's game, not sure how many of the squad will be fit, but as things stand any points would be a great result.
A S dagger97

As said in strevs interview, this will be a different type of opponent to the first 3 games where we were playing possession based teams, now we face a more physical side so we will see how these players perform when faced with a a different test. The biggest worry is that we don't end up with more injuries or we will be in big trouble already. And it's still bloody August!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
ARNU

Well I'm here, whelm me Dagenham !!!!!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Mussa on the bench?? Will he get a chance to play this season, after all the off-season trouble before Blair?
Lcbdagger

len wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:58 pm After Tuesday's game, not sure how many of the squad will be fit, but as things stand any points would be a great result.
A defeat today against another mediocre team and the confidence will be shot surely... wouldn't fancy Chesterfield or even Barnet at Home in the next month with one point from four games and the current injuries
McLeansvilleAppFan

Any audio available?
McLeansvilleAppFan

Mark wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:41 pm https://tinyurl.com/5h7nv5kf
Much appreciated. Just what I needed. :ermm:

It was more entertaining than the match from what I can tell.
McLeansvilleAppFan

More of the same.
Down nil-1 at the 75' mark. Maidenhead scored at the 58' mark.
ARNU

Obviously Effiong was taken ill at the end so his recovery is more important than any game.
As for the game

More of the same I'm afraid. I'd say we were better than the previous 2 games but we didn't look like we had much clue .
Rees did nothing at all, unfit Mussa did more in 20 mins than Rees has done all season.

I'm guessing Justham couldn't see the ball because he just stood there for their goal. Looked like an easy catch from where I was.

Haven't really changed my mind on the new players. We need replacements .

Bottom of the league for a reason.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Facebook posted that an ambulance was on the field for Effilong. Appreciate any updates as they come but also reported he was responsive.
ARNU

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:34 pm Facebook posted that an ambulance was on the field for Effilong. Appreciate any updates as they come but also reported he was responsive.
We left as the ambulance carted him off. He was responsive but obviously they need to take a good look at him. Apparently he'd been feeling ill all week. He seemed to faint at the end as they were leaving the pitch
Auntie Merge

I’d also appreciate any updates on Effiong. I hope he gets well soon.
Bluenose

Firstly, best wishes to Effiong, that was a horrible thing to witness. The fact that the ambulance wasn't racing him to hospital is hopefully a good sign.

This was the first time I've seen us this season.

1. Back four I thought were pretty good, Johnson had a good outing and our CBs seemed mobile and interested. God knows what happened with the goal, I was right behind it and it seemed to curve in in slow motion.

2. The three midfielders Rees, Hess, Vincent are very similar... the sort of player who'd cover an area while Robbo would be bombing on, but without actually contributing much themselves. Not actually rubbish but not actually very useful either, any of them.

3. The new lad on the left was lively especially in the first half.. Weston appeared off form, like a late-period Balanta, but perked up considerably in the last fifteen minutes.

4. Ibie and Blair (in particular) looked like they were up for it when they came on. Biggest surprise was Mussa who looked really impressive, picked out some decent passes and gave us some much needed presence behind the strikers. Whereever he's been / what ever he's been up to, it seems to have done him good.

But anyway, thoughts with Effi and his family