NL: Oxford City (A) 16 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Oxford City is sitting at 16th in the table. 2-3-3 with 9 points. All 9 points have been earned with the last 5 matches.

Daggers are in 13th place at 3-1-4 and ten points. Had the Daggers held on for the last 20 minutes and stoppage time we could have been in 7th place.

On a personal note the elementary school I attended was named Oxford and I grew up in a rural subdivision named Oxford Park. I have no idea of the connection between my Oxford and the Oxford in England.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Kevin

Think Oxford City are unbeaten in 5, including a high-scoring draw against Solihull & have dished out a couple of spankings in their last two home games - can see this being a pretty tough match.

Can we bang in any goals considering our lack of firepower? :blink:

Hoping for a strong effort & we'll see how it goes..

C'mon you Daggers!
Kevin

Match report from the official site.. https://daggers.co.uk/news/-NeTloeonA-3OwFr9yla
Lcbdagger

Happy to be corrected by anyone who attended, but that sounded like a pretty decent 0-0 game
steeevooo

Not the worst nil nil I've ever seen, and on another day we win that - their keeper pulled off 3 very decent saves to keep us at bay. Our lack of true cutting edge shone through again though, first half were largely limited to very wayward shots from distance. For all Kendalls willingness to run, he just doesn't look like a goalscoring centre forward. Again looked pretty solid and difficult to break down, and playing a game with only 3 fit subs will take the nil nil. Thought the West Ham youngster looked quite impressive when he came off the bench too.
Diggerthedog

Failed to score and missing chances, I know what will help that sign a bloody striker give Strevs half a chance.
Lcbdagger

Don't want to repeat the point on every post... but how did we sign a player facing a court case... but we couldn't get a striker in on Loan?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Very pleased with what i saw. That lot i was told scored 13 times in their last 3 home games so my only recollection of Elliott having to only make one save only highlights how good we were at the back. Very impressed with the new lad at Centre back solid and composed throughout. Difficult call Tuesdzy for boss does he recall Harry Phipps.

Three fantastic saves by their lad in goals denied us . Add in the sitter missed by Hill and we really should have won

Thought we were the better team troughout, however with the pitch and for various reasons us being down to the bones of our arse again cant be to unhappy with the point. Something given our current circumstances we woukd have surely taken at 3pm