Freddie Sears signs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Oxhead

Freddie Sears has signed, a striker at last
Lcbdagger

If he's not on mega financial terms then definitely an upgrade as part of a front 3 as can play up front and out wide... His history suggests there are no major goals in him that will turn our season around but hey, ho... Not played a game yet.
Kevin

Best of luck to him - hope he does well!
NBDag

Honestly I’m a bit let down by this. He couldn’t find a club all summer and now he’s settled for us. Not quite the hungry fighting for the daggers profile that Strevs has been looking for elsewhere on the pitch. Then at 33 it is quite clearly nothing more than hoping for a quick adequate fix. It’s just a shame that I would grab that with both hands given our current circumstances. Hopefully the goals start to come tonight.
stanton101

Hopefully him and Iffy can strike up a decent partnership..
SUSSEX DAGGER

NBDag wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:49 pm Honestly I’m a bit let down by this. He couldn’t find a club all summer and now he’s settled for us. Not quite the hungry fighting for the daggers profile that Strevs has been looking for elsewhere on the pitch. Then at 33 it is quite clearly nothing more than hoping for a quick adequate fix. It’s just a shame that I would grab that with both hands given our current circumstances. Hopefully the goals start to come tonight.
To be fair its been a signing we have been trying to make for a few weeks now. Heard at Wealdstone he was on our radar . Lets hope it turns out he is a Stein or Cureton .

As for tonight we appear to have dropped the only Centre Forward we had to the bench
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:49 pm Honestly I’m a bit let down by this. He couldn’t find a club all summer and now he’s settled for us. Not quite the hungry fighting for the daggers profile that Strevs has been looking for elsewhere on the pitch. Then at 33 it is quite clearly nothing more than hoping for a quick adequate fix. It’s just a shame that I would grab that with both hands given our current circumstances. Hopefully the goals start to come tonight.
He couldn’t find a club all summer, Says who exactly? Plenty of sides have been after him he just wanted something to suit him and his family, now has that.
ARNU

I'd imagine if the other planks Ben has signed can get the ball to sears he'll be quite a potent threat.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
A S dagger97

ARNU wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:54 pm I'd imagine if the other planks Ben has signed can get the ball to sears he'll be quite a potent threat.
Hopefully he'll put away chances that a nan could with her tit
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:07 pm
He couldn’t find a club all summer, Says who exactly? Plenty of sides have been after him he just wanted something to suit him and his family, now has that.
Says who? It’s a quarter of the way through the season and he’s only just been signed how many good players with plenty of sides after them do that? We have been after him for ages and he’s only just signed, so if he just wanted suitable for him and his family then why didn’t it happen ages ago?
Diggerthedog

Because he doesn’t need the money? Woking wanted him but couldn’t persuade him to sign. He wanted more originally but has now signed for less, hence it’s happened now.
Mick Dagger

Seems a bit desperate. He is not a player who self creates, so will need service or a foil.
NBDag

Are we sure he signed? Think I saw him at the Aldershot game but nothing since.

Another solid bit of business by the club.