Is this the worst Dagenham and Redbridge team ever?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick Dagger

Good job the ground is not in Havering, their council is on the brink of bankruptcy.
stanton101

Mick Dagger wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:18 pm Good job the ground is not in Havering, their council is on the brink of bankruptcy.

Hence why councils are offloading land etc to developers. It would show Joe public that they're at least trying to ease the housing shortage whilst the developer can make a fortune.
Wrexham are different, they have the support and are building a new stand solely for sport usage. If we fold there's plenty of sports venues nearby, the ground would become derelict.
Auntie Merge

stanton101 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:03 am
Point 3 Merge.
If they thought that we were going to do a Wrexham then they need looking at. For a start Wrexham's a one club city, unlike us who not only have West Ham on our doorstep but a plethora of other London sides only a train ride away. Like it or not in terms of support we are at the bottom of the pile.
Wrexham have at least 6 times our support.
I’m coming at it from a different angle. Peter Freund is friends with Ryan Reynolds. Allegedly it was Peter who either suggested to Ryan about buying a club or Ryan asked him about it. (Happy to be corrected on this).
Then Ryan goes and buys Wrexham.

It’s like you buying a vintage Ford Capri and your friend sees and also buys a vintage Ford Capri, and you’re happy they’ve done so, as you can now talk Ford Capris together.

Then you discover the Ford Capri that your friend bought was a very rare model and once used in a James Bond film and as well as escalating in value, it also makes your friend lots of extra money as he can hire it out, got to exhibitions, get its own Netflix series.

In the meantime, you’ve still got your vintage Ford Capri and you can hire it out but for a pittance, but it will never be at the same level as your friend’s Ford Capri, the car you encouraged them to buy.

As much as you are happy and celebrate your friend’s success, It would take an extremely strong character not to feel even a touch of a green eyed monster and wish you had bought their Ford Capri instead.
steeevooo

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:52 pm
6. If we do get another new owner. I hope it is the end of the line for some on the board.
Genuine question Merge - if we got another new owner, who on the existing board would you want to keep?! If new owners took over then the whole lot need clearing, if we don't get new owners (and I'm ambivalent on this) then as a minimum the "legacy" board members need moving on urgently.
Auntie Merge

steeevooo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:28 pm
6. If we do get another new owner. I hope it is the end of the line for some on the board.
Genuine question Merge - if we got another new owner, who on the existing board would you want to keep?! If new owners took over then the whole lot need clearing, if we don't get new owners (and I'm ambivalent on this) then as a minimum the "legacy" board members need moving on urgently.
I was being generous by saying 'some on the board'. ;)
Ally Fraser

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:51 pm
stanton101 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:03 am
Point 3 Merge.
If they thought that we were going to do a Wrexham then they need looking at. For a start Wrexham's a one club city, unlike us who not only have West Ham on our doorstep but a plethora of other London sides only a train ride away. Like it or not in terms of support we are at the bottom of the pile.
Wrexham have at least 6 times our support.
I’m coming at it from a different angle. Peter Freund is friends with Ryan Reynolds. Allegedly it was Peter who either suggested to Ryan about buying a club or Ryan asked him about it. (Happy to be corrected on this).
Then Ryan goes and buys Wrexham.

It’s like you buying a vintage Ford Capri and your friend sees and also buys a vintage Ford Capri, and you’re happy they’ve done so, as you can now talk Ford Capris together.

Then you discover the Ford Capri that your friend bought was a very rare model and once used in a James Bond film and as well as escalating in value, it also makes your friend lots of extra money as he can hire it out, got to exhibitions, get its own Netflix series.

In the meantime, you’ve still got your vintage Ford Capri and you can hire it out but for a pittance, but it will never be at the same level as your friend’s Ford Capri, the car you encouraged them to buy.

As much as you are happy and celebrate your friend’s success, It would take an extremely strong character not to feel even a touch of a green eyed monster and wish you had bought their Ford Capri instead.
Their Capri has been loved and maintained over the years, ours has been pumped full of the wrong fuel
stanton101

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:04 pm
steeevooo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:28 pm
I was being generous by saying 'some on the board'. ;)

Far too generous Merge.
None of us expect us to become a Man City or the like, all we want is a decently run family club, with a team that entertains ( the occasional upset in a cup or a league wouldn't go a miss) that fans can be proud of. These people just seem happy to sit back and watch the club die a slow and painful death. If that's the case and they're either too stubborn or just plain ignorant as to what's going on then so be it, but they'll be left to follow the club on their own. Fans are tired of seeing the same dross with the same excuses thrown in, even Ben looked lost on Saturday.
Everyone accepts defeat, but when it becomes the norm it's a very different ballgame.
These people really need a reality check.
ThatRoundThing

Our Capri has a rotten chassis, needs major repairs.
Dagthat44

No, it is not the worst side. I feel like we have everything bar an out and out 9 who will score us goals. McCallum, Morias or Walker... One of those 3 in the side and we turn those close games into W's. It is not for a lack of effort, but i feel like we left out recruitment too late and ended up with some we didnt want. However, i believe there have been FAR worse Dagenham sides.
ARNU

I doubt this team would have beaten any of Taylor's sides although Harry Phipps might get sent off tackling himself if such a match were ever to happen.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !