Club Captain

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I love Elliot Justham but I really think the captain during the match should be someone who is in the main part of play all the time.

Today Elliot was running towards every incident and got himself booked. If our match captain had been one of the other players, I wonder if it would have been the same outcome? We can’t afford to have him sent off.

Plus too we’d have someone on the pitch showing some leadership in the middle of every set piece.

Can we have two captains?
Elliot Justham Club Captain
someone else for the matches
Dagdale

Agree wholeheartily Auntie, if he stays fit now think Tom Eastman would be a good candidate? Big central back lad with a fair few years experience under his belt, hardly ever saw goalkeepers as captains in the earlier decades, but hey look how much the world is changing even within our time.
NBDag

The problem isn’t that Justham is the captain. It’s the fact that we don’t have many other leaders in the team. Look at the experienced players in our team — Westy, Inih and Eastman have been out for most parts of the season. Hessenthaler & Rees are naff. And I’m still not 100% sure if Sears still plays for us. Leaves Ling to be that constant voice on the pitch driving players.

Hopefully the return of the first three will help change that. But the lack of leaders on the pitch hasn’t been because of our captain choice. It’s been because we have signed players who haven’t been up to the fight.
RayleighDagger1986

I agree with Auntie M here. I've never understood for a goalkeeper to be captain, he can't influence and lead when stuck to an 18 yard box
ARNU

Give it to ling.
Never seen him not give 100%
He's been around a bit and played at higher level. Good solid player probably our most consistent.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !