NL: Dorking (A) 4 November 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

The Daggers pulled out the rare win very late in the match. Sitting at 18th in the table and have earned 7 points over the last 5 form. Dorking is 15th in the table and their form over the last 5 has earned them 6 points from 2 victories.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Auntie Merge

Apparently Dorking had 2 players sent off today after the final whistle.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:55 pm Apparently Dorking had 2 players sent off today after the final whistle.
How long are players out for that? In a way that could be more serious than in match red cards.
BB-Dagger

Interesting report on the dorking game yesterday on the BBC website, excellent journalism
McLeansvilleAppFan

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:21 am Interesting report on the dorking game yesterday on the BBC website, excellent journalism
Got a link? I found something but maybe not the same article. What I read was not much or you are being sarcastic and the sarcasm is being lost on me a few thousand miles away.
BB-Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:09 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67179435

Oh and yes its sarcasm
I read the same article and thought sarcasm but then I was like, "what if I missed something either culturally or just missed a different link."
Auntie Merge

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:12 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:09 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67179435

Oh and yes its sarcasm
I read the same article and thought sarcasm but then I was like, "what if I missed something either culturally or just missed a different link."
it’s talking about their game v Halifax and not Aldershot.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:48 pm

Oh and yes its sarcasm
Would the Halifax game sendoffs keep these players off the field against us?
Auntie Merge

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:10 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:48 pm

Would the Halifax game sendoffs keep these players off the field against us?
The two sending offs were from yesterdays game v Aldershot, so yes
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am making a motion and need a second from someone that seasonal time changes, if they happen at all and they really should just stop, happen the same weekend in Great Britain as they do for the US and Canada, which is this weekend. I am off work and was tuning in to BBC Sports phone app and getting dead air. I checked Flashscore.com and the match has not started. Then it hit me.

I clearly should be informed of this. :-)

The worst part of it all is that I now DO NOT have an excuse to not start mowing my yard. Besides some tall grass there are lots of leaves.

In about 45 minutes there better be some COYD at Dorking.
BB-Dagger

It seems that we all pretty quick to have a dig when we get beaten but we’re all pretty slow to say well done when we get a decent result I didn’t go today but the lads had a bloody good result away from home. Well done COYD
McLeansvilleAppFan

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:52 pm It seems that we all pretty quick to have a dig when we get beaten but we’re all pretty slow to say well done when we get a decent result I didn’t go today but the lads had a bloody good result away from home. Well done COYD
I listened on BBC and the first goal was an own goal and the second goal sound like a gimme to us but we won and winning teams take advantage of opportunities and keep at it. Great job lads! It was certainly fun to listen to over here.
len

I listened to it on radio Surrey and they said we outclassed Dorking.
Well done daggers!
Dagger Steve

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:52 pm It seems that we all pretty quick to have a dig when we get beaten but we’re all pretty slow to say well done when we get a decent result I didn’t go today but the lads had a bloody good result away from home. Well done COYD
You always know when we've had a decent result on here, it's so deathly quiet.

This thread would be 3 pages long by now if we'd lost.