Yank's seasons over

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

The owner Yanks had their Memphis 901 FC club loose in the first round of playoffs in their level of soccer in the USL Championship. We do not relegate sports in the US. They were 4 or 9 in their division of the USL Championship.

Maybe he will turn his attention to the Daggers for a few months. All of his minor league baseball teams are done and his American soccer is done so the only active club playing at the moment would be the Daggers from what I can tell.

I think this is about the time he visited with some American boosters (I assume from Memphis) in previous seasons.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Although there is a principle owner there are multiple investors who put investments into the club, the main new investor is Todd Johnson and he has already been to 7 games this season.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:41 pm Although there is a principle owner there are multiple investors who put investments into the club, the main new investor is Todd Johnson and he has already been to 7 games this season.
any idea what percentage he owns?
Diggerthedog

Not a clue but enough to make him executive Vice chairman.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:48 pm Not a clue but enough to make him executive Vice chairman.
Between 20 and 49% I guess. If over 50% he would make himself Chairman I would think. Need some amount to be EVC I would think.
RampantDuke

And despite the new guy coming in they still haven't seen the deficiencies of Thompson. Dave Andrews knew what he was and always kept him in control but the Yanks have been completely blindsided and have allowed him to destroy the soul of the club by alienating and banning the true fans and bouncing anyone on the board who dared to disagree with him. The club is only ever going to go backwards while he is kept in charge. I can only hope that Todd works it out soon.......
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Auntie Merge

RampantDuke wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:23 pm And despite the new guy coming in they still haven't seen the deficiencies of Thompson. Dave Andrews knew what he was and always kept him in control but the Yanks have been completely blindsided and have allowed him to destroy the soul of the club by alienating and banning the true fans and bouncing anyone on the board who dared to disagree with him. The club is only ever going to go backwards while he is kept in charge. I can only hope that Todd works it out soon.......
Didn’t he just?! I remember just before Dave Andrew’s retirement party I was sitting having a quiet drink with him and he told me how much he feared for the future of the club if ‘a certain person’ wasn’t kept under control. I said it will be fine, there are others on the board. Dave replied ‘he is pushing people out and bringing in his own. I hope the Easts can keep control’.
No word of a lie.
Those words have stuck with me every day.

The club misses Dave Andrews and the East brothers every day. They were part of the heart of the club. Yes life has moved on (and RIP Dave and Brian), but so far there is no one who can match their commitment to the fans and the future of the club. Most of all there is no one who understands football making decisions; think how Dave Andrews kept all the managers in line and didn’t get us giving poor managers 2 years extended contracts because they won 3 consecutive games!
Diggerthedog

I fully understand and have the same frustrations, Todd has been in charge for a few months let’s give him a chance to improve things. You can already see many things changing at the club with the commercial side, ticket deals, new merch incoming shortly etc he listens so if you have ideas drop him a line he will listen to new ideas and several have already happened in the short space of time he has been involved.