NL: Rochdale (H) 25 November 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Daggers are now in 13th place on the table. but we have an extra match played.

Rochdale is sitting at Number 9. Last year Rochdale was sitting at the bottom of the EFL2.

Being a home match this can be a match that shows the spirit of this club this year.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
len

We really need to get something from this game today as our home record up to now has been grim. Let's hope things can improve with a decent performance and a win today.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

My first game of the season. Come on the lads !
Lcbdagger

This continuing Home form... Good God!
Diggerthedog

Zero quality in this side, 3 glorious chances to score first half and we missed them all. Having to keep clean sheets to win games is never going to end well. Only have to look at our bench to see why we’re struggling, team pick itself no pressure on those upfront to score goals. Having to bring on a defender to play at the back to put a defender in the midfield sums us up.

Not sure where we go from here, it’s clearly not working and we’re just getting lucky at certain games, piss poor.
ARNU

Groundhog Day.
Same performance as all the other home games this season. There's no plan and all our players are terrible. Side to side and pass back to our goalkeeper who tbh has also caught the useless bug from the others. Just stood there for their first goal. Our home games are all identical,we don't know how to go forward. I've blamed our terrible midfield all season Rees, Hessenthaler and Vincent too lightweight. Efiongs lazy, at least Kendall makes a nuisance of himself unlike sears. Worst Dagenham team I've seen .
Why isn't ling playing at least he trys.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Justham should have saved it hahaha, clueless.

https://x.com/itsdaningham/status/17284 ... DAoH3yBi_A
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:43 pm Justham should have saved it hahaha, clueless.

https://x.com/itsdaningham/status/17284 ... DAoH3yBi_A
If you can rate Jake Hessenthaler as superb surely I can dig out Justham once.Didnt say he should have saved it, he could've tried to get to it. He could see it.
ARNU

While we're on Justham, do you think it's his idea to hoof the ball upto a front line that rarely win the ball or if they do ,they manage to pass it back to him or do you reckon it's Strevens idea ?
Mark

We're rubbish.

The goal is a great strike but Johnson never got near him and none of the midfield 3 got into a position to cover the space the guy was driving into. It's a lack of concentration and a lack of desire.

2nd goal is a horror from Eastman. One of our best players recently and if even he's starting to make mistakes then we really are in trouble.

Kendall is all run no quality, Effiong frankly rubbish since his return and not helped by constantly being shunted wide and lack of service, midfield is useless.

Westy is wasted at wing back especially against a tactically savvy team who tried to force our wing backs to defend or dare them to push forward leaving our back 3 stretched across the pitch. Oppo regularly get in behind Hare and not really sure if a few assists from corners is enough for him to be keeping Ling out. Rees is terrible and Vincent not much better, also think Hess has dropped right off recently.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:55 pm While we're on Justham, do you think it's his idea to hoof the ball upto a front line that rarely win the ball or if they do ,they manage to pass it back to him or do you reckon it's Strevens idea ?
Justham has superb distribution for a keeper at our level, just a shame he is passing to clowns further up the field. Strevs is a hoofball manager, I wouldn’t expect anything less.
NBDag

Useless yanks sign useless players and Dagenham lose against half decent teams. Look at our squad, look at our apparent new head scout, look at our manager. No new faces, no new thinking, and no new Dagenham. But yeah let’s all cream our pants for beating Ebbsfleet, Dorking and Woking. Absolute mugs.
Lcbdagger

Whether or not it was a basically a friendly game, against Basildon we played a 442 looking formation first half and got the ball wide and had two players clearly playing in the middle up front... absolutely hate the 3 man defense we play when not a single midfielder in the 3 has a proper attacking quality about them.

Has Mussa dropped out of favor again after playing during the week? I care not if we were Southend with a squad of 14 on a Saturday, no manager can continue to play that midfield every week and just expect them to be enough for us to win a game... the definition of madness!

If I have one more game we lose this season hearing people behind me saying how well we played and the chances we created, without scoring any of them my head will fall off from the shaking... our main striker had 25 goals last season for goodness sake.

For all those still buying a season ticket next year for these home games, I salute you
DaggerJoel11

What we serve up to the ever-depreciating home support base is beyond a disgrace.

Now a league-high 8 defeats from 11 at the ground we were supposed to make a fortress, yet is the easiest place to go to instead.

Irrespective of whatever happens in the game, the opposition will always have enough to win it by the end. Even distinctly average sides like Rochdale without anything beyond the ordinary across any department.

What that makes us, by that bar, is a woefully abject side, in a generally poor league where play-off occupants can beat one another 6-1 or just lose four straight games from nowhere.

We're just so painfully boring and low in quality, especially in that midfield which has to be one of the worst we've assembled at this level. At one point yesterday, their keeper clipped a goal kick to the centre circle or thereabouts and we had nobody within twenty yards or so, enabling the recipient to collect with ease.

When they don't decide to go walkabout, the midfield can otherwise be worked out of shape by a few sideways interchanges, eventually preceding an out ball wide to a winger who is always unmarked and can jockey right to the box. Or dart inside then bend into the far corner.

Weston never gets the freedom to do that, funnily enough, because there is always a man on him and another that can come across if needed. Things we never seem to do ourselves.

You really have to wonder what happens on that training pitch through the week.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Mick Dagger

We are so predictable and anyone who has seen us play a few times this season will know what a limited coach we have. Also, and this can't just be me, every team we play seems so much fitter. If I didn't have a season ticket, I doubt I'd go again this season. While I'm at it, their keeper yesterday was probably a better footballer than most of our outfield players.