FA Trophy: Peterborough Sports (H) 9 December 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

It'll be the same old story even if we do remove Strevs. We've been useless for years and years. It doesn't seem to matter who is manager or who we sign, we are rubbish. There's never any identity or togetherness. We lurch from overpaid marquee players to cheaper options that nobody wants, but still the outcome is the same. Every player who comes here seems to see it as a easy ride where they can get away with playing alright once in three.
Danamite

BRING BACK JOHN STILL. AT LEAST HE AND HES SIDED SHOWED WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A DAGGER
McLeansvilleAppFan

Playing to the level of the competition is never a good policy, but that is clearly the approach taken by the Daggers.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Auntie Merge

Like many I didn't go today. I really didn't want to watch the inevitable happen.

Although I have a season ticket, I'm thinking twice about Saturday and also Boxing Day. I missed the last home game too, but that was because of car problems. Had we been playing well, I might have taken the train, but I am so bored of the current dynamic at the club.

I really don't know where we go from here. The club needs a clearout from top to bottom. It's all very well having installed Todd Johnson, but the lack of communication from those who own us is really disheartening. I wouldn't be surprised if they let us go down and then offload us. We've seen from the other thread where their ambitions lie.
Chigwellian

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:32 pm It's all very well having installed Todd Johnson, but the lack of communication from those who own us is really disheartening. I wouldn't be surprised if they let us go down and then offload us. We've seen from the other thread where their ambitions lie.
Even when you email Todd Johnson, he doesn't respond... So you email again just in case he missed it, and again no response.

I thought the main purpose of his appointment was better communication with the fan base
ARNU

Just watched Ben's interview. Fair play to him for turning up, he looks like he wants the ground to open up and swallow him.
These players are shite. They've let him down badly. Sell...... No .... Give all of them away. They clearly give zero shits. Put the youth team out on Saturday, that I'd watch. In fact Dagenham ladies or stewards or a team with me in it even.
Sack some players Ben. They don't want it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Don't really understand his interview. If people don't want to be here then drop them from the squad entirely. Difficult to tell who he's referring to cos the ones he puts his faith in can barely muster a run half the time either. Some of our better players this season have been the ones he didn't sign, the only ones who've done anything useful are Hill and Eastman.
steeevooo

Mark wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:52 pm It'll be the same old story even if we do remove Strevs. We've been useless for years and years. It doesn't seem to matter who is manager or who we sign, we are rubbish. There's never any identity or togetherness. We lurch from overpaid marquee players to cheaper options that nobody wants, but still the outcome is the same. Every player who comes here seems to see it as a easy ride where they can get away with playing alright once in three.
Absolutely this - the club has been rotting away for years now and absolutely nothing changes nor looks like changing. It's like we're stuck in a serial decline with no willingness to even try to get out of it. Though I will disagree with your last sentence Mark - I think once in three is being rather generous!
HGDagger

Wayne Burnett in!
stanton101

HGDagger wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:25 am Wayne Burnett in!
At the moment Ben's making him look like Pep Guardiola.
NBDag

Well that was a pile of shit. But the worst thing about it is that it was 100% expected and deserved.

It’s really hard to still care about this club right now. My dad actually walked out at 75 mins because the game was that boring and it was obvious what was going to happen. How bad can a performance be when your fans are apathetic at 1-1 in knockout football?? ****** these players. Every single one of them. No one on the pitch cared at all. Even golden boy Justham. He’s our captain and how much did anyone in the TBS hear from him yesterday? I was right behind the goal and I saw 0 leadership. It’s pathetic. Sears is a disgrace, one of the worst I’ve seen for us. Hess, Kendall and Vincent not far behind.

Strevs obviously has to go now. In his post match he is calling out players for not wanting to play for the club. So why are they playing for the club? Don’t pick Inih, Sears, and the boys you signed if you don’t think they’re up to it. Then don’t also say you respect them for taking penalties. They’re all cowards. But Ben please name these players before you go, because things deserve to get nasty with them now.

But here’s the real problem, right. If/when Strevs does go - it’ll be the same people who appointed Burnett, Still 3.0, Taylor, DM and Strevs making the decisions. Thommo has to go too, and take those brain dead yanks with him. Let’s stop protecting them because they have thrown some money at the club and bought a few fans drinks on away days. They need to be held accountable.
Diggerthedog

Strevens has just closed his Twitter account, the end is near is my guess.
NBDag

Doesn’t surprise me. Probably a lot of personal abuse coming through to him that he doesn’t want to see. Maybe some other players can make similar changes to their accounts too. I saw Hessenthaler’s and Kendall’s say “Professional Footballer” in the bio. They should remove that before I have them reported for spreading fake news.
RayleighDagger1986

The club has been slowly dying since Dave Andrews stepped down, and when he was on charge, kept Thommo in check. That has been the issue ever since, a number of appointments and in some cases with Burnett and McMahon, with contract extensions have been his decisions.

Some say, he has the club at heart, but he is out of his depth. Whilst still MD, nothing will change. And that is the root problem. If only I had won the Euro milions, I'd buy the club and the firstbthing I'd do is send him packing. Rebuild the club, brand, and fan base without that toxic man anywhere near it. That was the yanks biggest mistake.
Dagdale

Reading between the lines there's onviously money been cut down this season probably a bit was waivered toward Ben's rebuild at first but must have been very limited and know insight is a wonderful word but at the time strikers like Kendall with youth and to perform a stage lower league level to put in some game time and Sears at a fairly decent price and with added experience has obviously turned out a disaster and adding a not so potent Inih, injury still has been no brainer? we have succumbed to being a very bad side with minimal fight and worse scenario the tools we have within game after game to fill these cracks are still very abundant and lost in hope, When hearing that interview which I'd ponder to believe could be the heart of all this maybe money issues, strongly believe in shipping out and like Arnu I'd rather watch the youth in action next Saturday as long whoever Ben selects have hundred per cent heart playing for our Club full stop once again, to lose, what I'd love to know if it would be a record that amount of home game even before half way point at Xmas and lose out rightly to two Step 3 clubs in 2 Cup Competitions is fairly disgraceful.