FA Trophy: Peterborough Sports (H) 9 December 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

You can’t just ship players out it’s costs money, money we clearly don’t have.
BB-Dagger

If Ben has closed his account on X because he is getting abuse that is totally unacceptable, like him or loathe him he is doing his best with a pile of 5hit but to be a faceless (unt on twitter is pretty low, I was pretty pi55ed off yesterday but I wouldn’t even consider giving personal abuse, this just takes the focus off of what is really wrong with our club.
Mark

Would never abuse Ben and hope none of our fans would either. He cares deeply about this club. I really want it to work out for him but it isn't happening.
Diggerthedog

I have not seen any personal abuse, lots of fans say it’s not good enough but nothing personal. Probably regrets saying what he did last night as that has opened a whole can of worms and turned the spotlight on the owners.
ARNU

I'm not really sensing any bad feeling towards Ben. Yes we're pissed off with the results and the shit show of a team but Guardiola couldn't get this lot to beat Peterborough sports either. The players and the budget are the problem. I can't come up with any combination of our squad that I believe is any good.
We definitely had had enough of Burnett, Taylor and McMahon but despite this awful season we do want Ben to succeed.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
len

ARNU wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:45 pm I'm not really sensing any bad feeling towards Ben. Yes we're pissed off with the results and the shit show of a team but Guardiola couldn't get this lot to beat Peterborough sports either. The players and the budget are the problem. I can't come up with any combination of our squad that I believe is any good.
We definitely had had enough of Burnett, Taylor and McMahon but despite this awful season we do want Ben to succeed.
Agree with all this. I would like to hear from the owners as to how it if they propose to back Ben Strevens as of late they have remained very quiet. I would like to think they would hopefully put more money into our budget in order of strengthening the squad, but alas, have the feeling the owners may have lost interest in the club and look more likely to disappear in the not to distant future.
I do hope I am wrong.
BB-Dagger

Unfortunately I’m also in agreement that our owners are losing interest, with them being unfamiliar at the start in regards to our football loving nation I would have thought that with Tim Howard on board things might have become clearer, we all know what a money pit the lower leagues can be but with a long term financial package it’s clear what the rewards are, look at Luton, AFC Wimbledon, Man City… teams languishing in the lower leagues that are now either in the premier league or climbing the ladder, I’m not expecting premier league but just a sense of direction, a plan to take the club forward and make the club sustainable, a club that’s run by competent sport’s loving businessman and not by a long time fan with his head buried in the sand.
Through hard times and bad I’ve followed this club for more than 50 years, sometimes work kept me away for considerable periods but I followed results from a distance, as it stands at the moment even being a season ticket holder I can’t see myself attending for a while, it’s just too painful to watch, I desperately want Ben to do well but it’s becoming obvious he doesn’t have the backing of the players or the owners, I don’t want him gone I want a clear out of players and directors who just don’t get what we are about anymore, a club that enjoyed bloodying a few noses, a club that played with passion giving everything to the cause… what has happened to our club?

Merry Christmas
Diggerthedog

Superb post BB, sums up my thoughts entirely. The owners made a mistake from the off leaving the current MD in charge and now an even bigger mistake of thinking they could do this seasons on the cheap, this one could really backfire.
Last edited by Diggerthedog on Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
len

I sent an email to Steve Thomson at 1000am this morning saying I was worried about the direction the club appear to be heading and the concerns I have with the lack of apparent backing from the owners. I also stated that if things did not change very soon we would be on a downward spiral that would be difficult to come back from.
As I am of an age that I am not interested in social media and did not have their email addresses have asked him to copy my email to both Peter Freund and Todd Johnson.
I think Ben Strevens is a genuine and passionate guy about the club succeeding but needs a lot more backing from the owners.
I have been an avid fan for 65 years through good times and many bad but sincerely hope that my concerns are completely unfounded and that we can turn the corner before it's too late!
steeevooo

len wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:15 pm I also stated that if things did not change very soon we would be on a downward spiral that would be difficult to come back from.
We've been on that downward spiral for the best part of a decade now.
len

We may have been, but my worry is that we could go even further and get relegated from this division and that would be be worse still.
Daggerman

After subjecting myself to watching this debacle on Saturday I’d like to know if we are contractually obliged to play seers?
Can’t think of any other reason for him to be involved because he is absolutely useless, fat and unfit