Bye Trinity

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

If we stay up this season, which it looks like we will by the skin of our teeth, then next season will be a huge struggle. Now how on earth are we going to attract investment? Only reason I can think of is if people may want to buy the stadium from the council and sell it off in the future for housing.
RayleighDagger1986

HGDagger wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:42 pm If we stay up this season, which it looks like we will by the skin of our teeth, then next season will be a huge struggle. Now how on earth are we going to attract investment? Only reason I can think of is if people may want to buy the stadium from the council and sell it off in the future for housing.
We will struggle further if fans protest with their feet and not renew season ticket's. That can only add a further burden to squad budgets and decrease the quality of the squad, which is already showing lack of investment in 1 or 2 areas on the pitch.
ThatRoundThing

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:23 pm Who on earth would renew their season ticket in the current climate? Lost 12 homes games, clearly no money, no owners, clearly we wont re-sign Effiong our only source of goals and the price for the product on offer is quite frankly overpriced. It would take a huge turnaround for people to part with their money next season in the current economy and who could blame them but at least Steve Thompson will get his free fortnightly roast dinner.
As season ticket holders we have swerved more Home games than ever before. Yes there have been the odd illness but the dross that has mainly been served up by a weak squad meant that any cold/wet weather became another factor in our can’t be arsed to travel decision.
I like a few beers on matchdays and having a bus pass I travel by buses which takes 2 hours from where I live. We are already discussing not renewing next season with uncertainty which League we will be in, what squad/staff & owners we will have. I’ll more than likely pick my games to come to or buy a flexi ticket if they are available. This is the first season I have felt this fed up with it all.
Mark

I'll likely buy one but it's getting harder to justify the 3hr+ round trip to see us get beat. I've stayed home twice so far this season and watched on TV.
Auntie Merge

The last time I missed this many home games in a season was probably 1997-1999, when I'd been travelling for my job and hardly came at all.

One of the few things keeping me going is that I like the people I sit near.
I hope they like me too :rolleyes: :sub:

The food served from the tea bar has deteriorated so much in recent times, I no longer look forward to a burger nor do I purchase anything in the ground any more.
Oh for the days of dreams of rendevous bbq nachos.

I look at my diary, and think twice about coming to games. It isn't just due to having moved down the A13 into deepest Essex, but more the enjoyment factor. Yes, the Oxford City game was fun, but experiences like that are so few and far between.

Part of me is thinking should I stay away for the rest of the season and see if I miss it, as that could be a good test as to whether I renew. If I do renew, today it feels it will be more about habit than actually wanting to come to the club. Maybe I should just walk away?
NBDag

I made a switch from years of holding a season ticket to flexi ticket this season as I was quite fed up with the state of things before a ball was kicked this year. Which I do not regret at all. I might get a flexi next year, but if we’re in the league below I’d expect it to be at a lower amount which being realistic it won’t be.

On the topic of the original thread, has anyone heard any developments in the search? I’m not sure if we should expect comms from the club, but it feels as uneventful as our search for a new striker.
VIEW FROM THE STAND

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:35 pm

For me sitting with friends, enjoying their humour and knowledge, is all part of the matchday experience.
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
RM1Dagger

VIEW FROM THE STAND wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:47 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:35 pm

For me sitting with friends, enjoying their humour and knowledge, is all part of the matchday experience.
Yes, I see people who I only see at games and I go with my son so it's something we do together. However, I do get that it does test the resolve a bit when things are going badly and I've gone from a 15 mins journey to about 90 mins journey and if we're in the the national league south then it's tested further.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Daggerman

So Mr Freund and a crowd of Americans were at the match today and as the second half started they made their way to the SD Samuel’s stand, giving it large! So what is all that about? Has he come to buy us a striker?
Diggerthedog

Heard he was here showing potential new investor around, just happened to coincide with the visit of the ‘USA Cheerleader crew’.
RM1Dagger

Daggerman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:58 pm So Mr Freund and a crowd of Americans were at the match today and as the second half started they made their way to the SD Samuel’s stand, giving it large! So what is all that about? Has he come to buy us a striker?
It was after our second goal but I was going to mention this as thought it was quite bizarre. As soon as I saw some berk in a sleeveless top with a club tie round his head I thought '**** me, must be yanks' And then as said all the 'USA' chants and stuff...🤔
Now the SE27 Dagger
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:24 pm
Daggerman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:58 pm So Mr Freund and a crowd of Americans were at the match today and as the second half started they made their way to the SD Samuel’s stand, giving it large! So what is all that about? Has he come to buy us a striker?
It was after our second goal but I was going to mention this as thought it was quite bizarre. As soon as I saw some berk in a sleeveless top with a club tie round his head I thought '**** me, must be yanks' And then as said all the 'USA' chants and stuff...🤔
I feel the need to apologize on behalf of more reasonable minded Yanks for their behavior.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RM1Dagger

Haha, sorry I do try not to generalise...
Now the SE27 Dagger
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:07 am Haha, sorry I do try not to generalise...
I did not say it was not a correct observation, especially the USA chants, but I did mention reasonable. There are dozens of us spread from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
IanC

Dunno what the fuss is really, it was a great laugh when they came up the stand.
Always great to here anyone jumping about shouting and singing for their team.
They saw where the only singing in the ground was coming from, now the youth are up there, and thought yeah we’ll have a drop of that, good on em.
Makes a change from the miserable sods who turn up every game, and moan their nut s off for 90 minutes and abuse the team.