Altrincham home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

A great performance where all our players worked their sock off to win the game. I was shocked when I saw Phipps playing up front but he did very well and was very composed in scoring his goal and in fact took it like a seasoned forward.
A great day.
RM1Dagger

Well done to the boys but a slightly strange game. We started very well first 15 mins but then gave up possession for almost all of the rest of the game, albeit they rarely looked like hurting us. Got our goals out of nothing really, but yes an assured finish by Phipps. Onwards and upwards.
Now the SE27 Dagger
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Played well - took chances - defence was extremely solid (again) - I’m looking up rather than down
NBDag

Completely shocked from that performance. For me it was 100x more of a memorable game than the Oxford win. Felt like everything was stacked up against us yesterday and we turned up and worked our arses off to get the result. Was a proper performance with everyone turning up and pulling their weight and it’s been great seeing this attitude in the team recently. Hopefully Ben gets some more backing now as he has more than earned it.
Diggerthedog

Huge win for us and after seeing the team sheet I feared the worst, credit to the lads and the manager for pulling that out the bag. We started off again on the front foot but just couldn’t get the goal but eventually the pressure told with the penalty only for us to shoot ourselves in the foot by giving them one. But we came out after half time determined to get something and we did, Harry Phipps take a bow, superb goal that sealed us the game at an important time.

Altrincham were shocking, maybe we made them look like that but it’s like a season of could have been had we been backed a bit better as without a doubt we would have been much higher.
len

At the game yesterday there was a rumour that Sears had left to join Hornchurch.
Is there any truth in this?
RayleighDagger1986

I heard that too.
On the subject of players, what or where is Mussa, injured?
Diggerthedog

Mussa is not injured, make of that what you will. Also heard the Sears Rumours.
RayleighDagger1986

Cheers DTD. I thought as much.
Another wasted wage. That's the issue for me, players on contracts we don't need (we haven't missed Mussa tbh) so the sooner he goes, the better the squad could be. His contract is up this summer, I think?
Diggerthedog

Yes contract runs out, believe he has a clause that triggers an extra year after a certain amount of appearances hence why he’s not involved as we don’t want to pay him for another year. Has to go down as one of the worst value for money signings we’ve ever had, thanks McMahon and Thommo.
Kevin

Was proper rough & ready yesterday - but we took our chances & got the job done.

Altrincham looked pretty decent to me - their number 9 was a handful & they passed it pretty well (until they were losing).

Massive 3 points for us - still pretty tight for all those in the relegation scrap.

Great effort from all the boys - particulary loved that composed finish from Harry Phipps!

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 am Yes contract runs out, believe he has a clause that triggers an extra year after a certain amount of appearances hence why he’s not involved as we don’t want to pay him for another year. Has to go down as one of the worst value for money signings we’ve ever had, thanks McMahon and Thommo.
I think you'll find he's a Strevens signing.
Diggerthedog

Mussa was signed by McMahon summer before his March departure on a two year deal.
RayleighDagger1986

Apologies, cross wires, thought we talking about Sears. You are right, Mussa was signed by McMahon.
Diggerthedog

Spot on with Sears, I’m sure Strevens would agree if you asked him.