Maidenhead home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

With more injuries incurred in the last week it makes it an even tougher game for us tomorrow.
Maidenhead are a team that seem to punch above their weight each season but just hope that we can get the three points to keep us away from the relegation area. Apart from Oxford City who seem all but relegated it could be anyone from about a dozen clubs that could be dragged into the other three places.
Kevin

Will we even be able to put a team out..?? :blink:

Need our youngsters to show us what they're made of..

COYD
Daggerman

Every game is crucial now and with a squad with so many injuries the only bright spot is that Sears has gone!! Let’s give Nkrumah a start, he did well coming on at sarfend. Hopefully some of our injuries have cleared up and we can get someone on the bench.
NBDag

A must win game and unfortunately I’m struggling to see how we can with a squad this thin. It is incredulous how this club is struggling to do the bare minimum to keep the club up. Whoever is allowing that needs to be drop-kicked out the club. York, Woking, Oxford and Wealdstone all bringing players in this week because they’re motivated to stay up. Whereas we don’t care or are stupidly complacent and think we don’t need to. Despite having a centre back up top, who is now one of two fit CBs at the club, and a loanee coming in with no competition and yet still can’t get a start.

Our recent form has massively taken the spotlight off how poorly this club is being handled in recent months and we have only won once in six! That’s how low our expectations are that one win in six is something we are looking quite favourably on. It’s scary to think that we are simply relying on 4 teams being worse than us now, and/or Inih miraculously coming back immediately.

That being said, 2-0 Daggers Hare first goal scorer with a 30 yard free kick.
McLeansvilleAppFan

The MixLR channel is showing 17 March for the match. I assume that is a typo on that webpage.

I was looking on the BBC Sport app and then Flashscore.com for updates just in case MixLR was not going to work and then I realized y'all are not on summer time yet. We changed over last weekend to daylight saving (summer) time so match is stating here at 11 AM today (unless MixLR is right and everyone else is wrong.)
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

Well... who needs a striker? :grin:
BB-Dagger

Well deserved win today despite the refs attempt at ruining it, everyone worked hard and kept their shape, as for Phipps… never see a more unlikely centre forward but oh boy can he create havoc, great strike for the first goal and put it on a plate for Ree’s for the second, well deserved mom but once again Appiah-Forson worked his arse off and deserves a mention.
COYD
stanton101

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:59 pm Well deserved win today despite the refs attempt at ruining it, everyone worked hard and kept their shape, as for Phipps… never see a more unlikely centre forward but oh boy can he create havoc, great strike for the first goal and put it on a plate for Ree’s for the second, well deserved mom but once again Appiah-Forson worked his arse off and deserves a mention.
COYD

Pretty much agree with this.
First half we should have been well out of sight against a very poor Maidenhead side. Everyone did their bit and deserve the plaudits. My own motm would have been Eastman who won everything in the air and was a rock at the back. That said of course I wouldn't begrudge Rees who like most of the team put in a real shift.
Well done boys and Ben.
HGDagger

Happy days.
RM1Dagger

Most people saying Phipps is a makeshift/emergency striker, but with each game that goes by he looks more like the new Chris Sutton 😝
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

Honestly who even knows any more. 4 goals scored without a striker on the pitch, we defy logic at times. Great result, one more big win and we should be safe for the season. Then it’s over to the owners to sort their mess out ahead of next season and stop us from finding ourselves in the same situation.
len

A great display in the first half with two very well worked goals. The game seemed very disjointed in the second half with too many breaks in the play but still another two goals scored by us. Overall, four goals without a recognised striker has got to be a great day at the office. Lots of candidates for man of match so very difficult to choose but very well done all round.