2024/25 Squad

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

With the season coming to an end and just 6 games to go, my thoughts are with next season already. I think we have enough to avoid relegation, and two wins from our remaining 6 will do, but how many of the current squad should remain to build a team around.

Personally, not many, in my opinion, Mussa being one should go and possibly Longe-King, but we do need to strengthen up front, wide, and in midfield.

How many contracts are up in the summer?
RampantDuke

I guess a lot of this depends on the situation at the top when we hit the summer. If Trinity are no longer prepared to bankroll us then we are more likely to see a number of players leave in the summer with cheaper inferior replacements brought in but perhaps if we get a new owner or some 'investor' who is excited about us again then we might be able to afford to improve on what we have. My concern is that Hill, Appiah-Forson and Effiong may get poached by bigger clubs.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Lcbdagger

Seen bits online that teams such as Leyton Orient are keen on Appiah-Forson, so I would imagine there is a zero percent chance we keep him beyond May... The positive, for me is that there is clearly quality at West Ham that we can tap in to if we are smart.

Would love one more season with a fully fit Hill but wouldn't be upset if he or Effiong went up a division. My problem is always the sideways moves for talented guys within the division. Well aware others didn't agree, but I always thought Robinson should have stayed with us this season and would have made the midfield stronger than it has been.

Most important thing is who we bring in up front next season... Without a goal threat, the season is a bust before we start.
len

Appiah-Forson has been brilliant for us and would be a great signing, he is also good enough to play at a higher level which is far more likely. With regard to Effiong, would love to keep him, however, he is 33 years old so cannot see him going up a level but would still be sought after by clubs in this division.
So much though depends on future investment which at the moment is unknown.
Diggerthedog

Think it’s pretty pointless discussing who is coming or going, there are quite a few out of contract and with no money to play with I doubt much has been done on the contract renewal side of things. I fear another squad overhaul the manager is in limbo as we all are.

The club need to clear up the ownership issue ASAP, who on earth would renew their season ticket as it stands as it’s currently clear funds don’t want to be used. As always though very little in the way of updates after almost 3 months since PBF telling us he is off.

Whats the plan if no new investor comes in? Knowing us they’ve not planned for that and I won’t be throwing money on a season ticket if we’re still non the wiser come renewal deadline.
RayleighDagger1986

And if a lot of season ticket holders like yourself decide to not renewal, then surely the financial position of the club becomes further unstable and they'll be little or no chance of survival next year. For me, its become more important to support the club during these difficult times and that includes renewing my season ticket.
len

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:55 pm And if a lot of season ticket holders like yourself decide to not renewal, then surely the financial position of the club becomes further unstable and they'll be little or no chance of survival next year. For me, its become more important to support the club during these difficult times and that includes renewing my season ticket.
Totally agree with that, supporters should always support their clubs irrespective of financial constraints etc.
I have always renewed my season ticket each season.
NBDag

Lcbdagger wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:33 am The positive, for me is that there is clearly quality at West Ham that we can tap in to if we are smart.
Think this directly addresses why you should not get your hopes up.
Diggerthedog

len wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:11 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:55 pm And if a lot of season ticket holders like yourself decide to not renewal, then surely the financial position of the club becomes further unstable and they'll be little or no chance of survival next year. For me, its become more important to support the club during these difficult times and that includes renewing my season ticket.
Totally agree with that, supporters should always support their clubs irrespective of financial constraints etc.
Understand all that but there comes a time blind loyalty gets taken for granted, I think the club pulled our pants down this season with the huge budget slash despite saying they were going nowhere. My season tickets will be almost £500 next season and for what if we have no new investment? Another struggle lots of home defeats incoming etc. seen enough. Games are not local for me so it’s not just the cost of the season tickets involved here. I’ll still put finances in but only pick and choose and perhaps invest in one of those flexi tickets.
Lcbdagger

len wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:11 pm
After the Home performances (and results) for much of this season, if the best players from this year leave in the Summer with little replacement, and there is little to no obvious goal threat up front next year, suggesting that everyone should renew their season ticket regardless of circumstance is crazy. Nothing this season has justified the price being paid for attending games and we saw every season what happens with the way we play on any game that we advertise with low ticket prices to try and get the numbers in for a one off attendance.
len

I just believe that supporting teams through the good times is easy, however, when things become difficult for a club due to financial issues, relegation etc it is even more essential that supporters come together to help the club during these difficult times. We have over the years seen so many clubs disappear into oblivion that had far bigger fan bases than us. Hopefully the majority of our supporters share these views.
RayleighDagger1986

We have been here before, and 2018 springs to mind when Hopkin pulled the plug.
Fans pulled together then, raised money and bought season tickets. The team/squad wasn't nothing special but they gave 150% and thats all us fans can ask for. I think Phipps is the only survivor from that season!
stanton101

I personally don't buy a season ticket, as due to living so far away and only being able to attend a handful of home matches it simply doesn't make sense. That said when I do go I pay £19 to stand in a bus shelter. Which to me is scandalous for this level of football. This club never does anything but take off the fans but when the shit hits the fan out come the begging pots. Before asking fans to dig deep how about offering them some incentives. Selling piss water beer and crap catering doesn't do a lot to entice fans to come along now does it. They want fans to show up then they had better come out of the 1970's. Other clubs can do it, so what's wrong with this lot trying something different for a change, or are they just too set in their ways.
steeevooo

Absolutely agree with the above. The club does zero to improve things for the existing fans. Communication is non existent. Incentives are non existent. Improvements to the experience are non existent. But is anyone surprised? The club has been stagnating and declining for years now and there is no impetus or apparent will to change anything at all. As for season tickets, I'm waiting for a well overdue update on the sale/investment process - it was more or less 3 months ago since we heard the abrupt news that our owners were looking to sell, and we've heard nothing since, not even an acknowledgment that the process is ongoing or they're in discussions. The club treats its fans with contempt most of the time.
NBDag

Also echoing the above. I will always be supporting this team and showing up when needed. But also it’s the club that has got itself into this mess, not anyone else. Thompson has been leading us towards this season for years and Freund has been clueless enough to give him license to do so. Trying to then try and pull on our heart strings is just the wrong way of doing it. If they want fans to back them when times are tough then take a lesson off the playing staff this season. Make difficult decisions, learn from your mistakes and show that you’re busting a gut to get things right. As always I’m seeing nothing of that from our board and until they do they can’t act like they are owed anything from us fans.