Ebbsfleet Home

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

More of the same please. :rolleyes: :sub:
NBDag

That’s if the match goes ahead… Heard that the March pay run for non-playing staff wasn’t made at the end of the week. Likely to be no stewards, club chaplain, physios, bar staff etc showing up today.
len

Not sure what to make of the above if true, but obviously a concern. With regard to the game, we cannot be complacent today as Ebbsfleet come into this game having pulled themselves out of the relegation zone with a good run of form. As both teams still need the points to avoid being dragged into the relegation fight it should be a very competitive game with hopefully us getting maximum points.
len

We couldn't seem to get going today, our passing at times was woeful, Justham made a few good saves including a penalty. It was one of those games where I felt pleased with a point because we were outplayed for long periods and could quite easily have lost.
BB-Dagger

We got more than we deserved today, if it wasn’t for Justhams “few good saves” we wouldn’t have had a chance, second best in every department!
But in saying that we have had some tough games recently and although boredom wood was a convincing win we didn’t have much time to recover, I’m certain that we are safe now thankfully, Ben has done a decent job in the second half of the season once the squad settled and given a decent budget next season I’m sure we will be in with a decent chance of at least the playoffs. COYD
RM1Dagger

Would have been a streaky win but still disappointed to concede so late and in that fashion. However, would have taken a point at 0-0 given how the game went.
Now the SE27 Dagger
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Anyone giving some stick to their number 9 will have to go through me first because we went to school together and he's a lovely lad really
len

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:55 pm Anyone giving some stick to their number 9 will have to go through me first because we went to school together and he's a lovely lad really
Apart from him moaning about almost every decision not in his favour and theatrically rolling about on the ground when anyone went near him, I agree he seemed like a nice lad.
Diggerthedog

Wasn’t the number 9 the donkey they had up top? Good job he was crap or we could have comfortably lost. An off day for us but forgivable given our form since Xmas. A mid table finish is the aim now, don’t want to drop off and finish too low.
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:19 am That’s if the match goes ahead… Heard that the March pay run for non-playing staff wasn’t made at the end of the week. Likely to be no stewards, club chaplain, physios, bar staff etc showing up today.
April Fools!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

len wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:33 am
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:55 pm Anyone giving some stick to their number 9 will have to go through me first because we went to school together and he's a lovely lad really
Apart from him moaning about almost every decision not in his favour and theatrically rolling about on the ground when anyone went near him, I agree he seemed like a nice lad.
I met him after the game and he said 'I don't normally bite back like that but I had to with them fans' and I was like eehhhh better hold my tongue, lol