FA Cup - no replays

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger Steve

Just heard the news that the FA have made the decision to scrap replays in the FA Cup from the 1st round next season.

Absolutely disgusting. All those potential memories and money lost for smaller clubs, because of the whim of 1% of the clubs in England and Wales.

Can only hope it is protested and reversed.
Dagger Steve

How good were those replays we had against Exeter, Plymouth, Charlton...

Some of my favourite football memories.
HGDagger

If we never had a replay against Whitehawk we may never have played Everton at Goodison Park. This could destroy non league clubs who rely on cup runs.
Mark

I suppose the lack of replays favours the bigger team, who should be fitter and have longer for their quality to win out. All those lower league sides hanging on for a draw will go away. So less revenue for small teams and less prestige too. It's a terrible decision.
NBDag

A shameful decision, but one completely expected. However I can see the fall out from this being similar to the super league and the FA going back on it. Really anytime Richard Masters thinks something is a good idea, those around him should do the exact opposite.

Speaking of which - I saw on the BBC that Masters/the premier league are lobbying parliament alongside The National League to scrap the legislation for an independent regulator. We are a prominent voice on the VNL board and clearly have something to gain from there being no regulator. Why we want this is the sort of thing we should be asking at a fans forum. Not why the carling stand toilets smell of piss.
Ally Fraser

Pandering to the clubs in Europe. Too many games they moan, yet all do pre season tours around the globe.
Auntie Merge

I've just pulled out these attendances

Daggers v Exeter, 2,660 (our average crowd was around 1800)
Daggers v Plymouth 4,530
Daggers v Charlton 5,394
Whitehawk v Daggers. A record crowd of 2,174 for Whitehawk. (Daggers won, taking us to Everton in the third round and giving us enough money to sack Wayne Burnett).
Dagdale

Disgraceful albeit not surprising though as big bucks Champions League destroyed the historical great F A Cup years back, as a young buck growing up looking up to it in awe remember so well so many great stages- Ronny Radford & Ricky Georges Hereford still now the most non Agro and brilliant pitch invasion ever, watching Chelsea v Leeds Cup Final two battles where easily today at least 7 or 8 would have been probably sent off with the likes of Chopper Harris and Billy Bremner on the pitch, and Sunderland and Bob Stokoe's run on pitch to embrace saviour Jim Montgomery's and the trilby went, and so much more nostalgia our special days in May 3pm were grabbing a neighbours turn house and making some big party of the Cup Finals and even games before! Quite simply why we should each question our sanity on putting up with the bods taking the real football experience away from us, even previous to this new scene coming?