Play Offs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

So it's between Bromley and Solihull for who will go up from our league. In terms of who's joining us next season it's a choice between Brackley Town and Boston United from the North, and Worthing or Braintree from the South.

Who do we want to join us?
RM1Dagger

Just seen some bloke called Myles Weston score two goals for Bromley, the second of which was a belter. Apparently he used to play for us but I don't think it can the same person.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Lcbdagger

No arguments there in our League... Expected Barnet and Bromley to play out a high scoring Final next week, but Solihull made Barnet look two divisions lower in defence yesterday... Shocking Home performance with that much on the line in the game.

Expect to see Bromley go up now but wouldn't be at all surprised to see Solihull win this one and then the FA trophy Final the following Saturday.

The old man in me says it would be interesting playing Boston again, but I would be perfectly happy for them to stay down... I would like to see Braintree go up in the South for no other reason than to see how Aaron Blair does in a league above.
NBDag

I’d like to see Bromley go up personally. A lot of ex daggers there that I hold no bad feelings towards. Would be good to see them have some success. Whoever does go up though will again further highlight how poorly run this club has been over recent years.

As for the leagues below, I’d like to see Worthing come up and Brackley. Would be nice to see a new team come from the NLS as I’m bored of Braintree bouncing up and down. Less said about the other team the better.
Auntie Merge

Bromley to go up

Braintree and Brackley please.

If ever there was a time for us to shift up a gear, It is next season, so the league looks like
Sutton
Forest Green
Yeovil
Tamworth
Brackley
Braintree
Barnet
Altrincham
Solihull Moors
Gateshead
Halifax Town
Aldershot Town
Southend United
Oldham Athletic
Rochdale
Hartlepool United
Eastleigh
Maidenhead United
Dagenham & Redbridge
Wealdstone
Woking
Fylde
Ebbsfleet United
York City

How many of those will seriously be competing for promotion?
NBDag

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 pm Bromley to go up

Braintree and Brackley please.

If ever there was a time for us to shift up a gear, It is next season, so the league looks like
Sutton
Forest Green
Yeovil
Tamworth
Brackley
Braintree
Barnet
Altrincham
Solihull Moors
Gateshead
Halifax Town
Aldershot Town
Southend United
Oldham Athletic
Rochdale
Hartlepool United
Eastleigh
Maidenhead United
Dagenham & Redbridge
Wealdstone
Woking
Fylde
Ebbsfleet United
York City

How many of those will seriously be competing for promotion?
I would say almost all of them for the exact reason you are thinking we should step it up. We are nothing special compared to the rest. In fact today if anything we are much less than that as we don’t even know who is running the show.
Mark

Southend will likely throw money at it but otherwise there is absolutely nothing to worry about in that list. Great chance for playoffs if we have even a half decent season.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:52 am Southend will likely throw money at it but otherwise there is absolutely nothing to worry about in that list. Great chance for playoffs if we have even a half decent season.
I would be tempted to have some money on Southend having a decent run, but as Mark suggests, nothing that runs away from the League out of that group on first viewing.

Either side (or both) could prove me wrong next year but it feels like the weakest teams to come down from League Two in a while... usually there is one big team having had financial problems or a side you feel will immediately make a run back in to League Football... Sutton and Forest Green don't terrify me as a fellow fan of a Non-League side... Equally, nobody coming up from the North or South would be expected to do much beyond an Ebbsfleet run like this year.
Dagdale

I reckon if it wasn't for embargos and point deductions really believe Southend United would have taken Chesterfield right up to the wire this term, so take them out the equation could easily be ten to fifteen clubs really giving it a go next term. Sutton under good up and coming Coach Morison could be a good bet too. Barnet? Witnessing that destruction by Solihull Moors on them Saturday at the Hive (talk about blowing up a whole season in 90 minutes!) and with Osborne that class Midfield General driving that team to two finals in less than a week Bromley even with probably a fan mass of ten to one could easily still be rooted here. Be a good away day to Boston and a new smart ground if they make it.
drewdavis

I think Bromley will get promoted
HGDagger

Boston have beaten Brackley. The rivalry is back next season!
Auntie Merge

HGDagger wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:30 pm Boston have beaten Brackley. The rivalry is back next season!
Just came to post the same thing.

Get your brown envelopes ready!! :lol:
RayleighDagger1986

Well, well. 22 years since that season. I'm looking forward to it, far more than most of you tbh. Unfortunately, my dad's family is from Boston, with Aunt's n Uncle's and cousins, some of whom go to watch United regularly, so my family rivalry is back again.

The ground is 3-sided, away fans put into the corner, along the side abd its about a 20-minute walk (at a push) from town centre. A weekend in Skegness is a possible depending on the fixture.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Well. Bromley it is.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hot take to say this game doesn’t need to be at Wembley and therefore the season doesn’t need to finish as early as the end of April ? Only 22,000 there today, could easily have had it at like, I dunno Villa park or West Brom or somewhere