North Sixth Group

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

https://northsixthgroup.com/approach/

Appear to be our new owners CEO has just started to follow the club on Instagram and it would match the set up Freund mentioned in his statement.
NBDag

An interesting one… They seem to be involved with three clubs currently:

- New York-based Brooklyn FC who they are looking to establish as a team in Memphis’ league soon.
- Campobasso FC who have just won Serie D in Italy under NSG’s ownership. Seems like Campobasso is somewhat of a new phoenix club that NSG took over when the original club was excluded from the Italian pyramid in 2022. Quite a nice story if this is right.
- Ascoli FC, the best known of the clubs who are in Serie B. NSG have a 30% stake in the club and the option to go up to 51% if they choose. Currently they are in a bit of a relegation scrap. Previously have showed up quite well in the league though under NSG’s tenure.

Definitely into their football, and some of the stuff they have done with their clubs is very forward thinking that seems to be a big culture clash with how Thompson likes to do things. Would love to know how and why it has led them to Dagenham, certainly could be some opportunity for us to make the most out of connections to all of these clubs. Something we could never do with Memphis unfortunately.
Diggerthedog

Whatever they choose to do and no matter how much money they throw at it there is only one decision to make from the off if they want a chance to succeed and we all know what decision that is. I fear Freund has given a glowing reference and nothing will change. This is a huge chance for the club to move forward or continue to be stuck in the Jurassic period.
len

It will be great when they outline their plans in what they hope to achieve with the club. Also over the next few weeks there will be a good indication which direction we are moving once Strevens starts signing more players for next season and the quality they are.
BB-Dagger

Hopefully when they take up their tenure at the club they will start by stamping a bit of authority on the back room management setup, and a positive attitude towards building a squad for next season without relying on journeymen but with young ambitious players who want to prove themselves and learn what it means to be a Dagger. And I’m convinced that Ben Strevens is the man who can with the right support be the man to take us to the next level, is the Strevolution about to start in earnest? I’m now even reconsidering renewing my season ticket! COYD
Dagger42

They also own a Swiss football club FC Locarno.
Dagger42

Website link to football club ownership. https://n6clubunderdog.com/
redboy

Is it just me or does selling to another foreign owner fill you with intrepidation? These guys have no experience of football in this country, let alone the history and values that our club perceives to maintain. I fear that it will be like pass the parcel, with our club just being an asset being sold off and worse still, the dinosaurs that have been constant throughout our demise still in place.

We need a total clear out except for the fans voice remaining on the board. We need British owners. We need people who understand non-league football, our roots, our heritage and what our fans expect. I was delighted to see Bromley promoted at the weekend, who included many ex D&R players. No disrespect to them who have an excellent manager and probably a similar budget, but if they can achieve that, why can't we.
Ally Fraser

Dagger42 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:18 am Website link to football club ownership. https://n6clubunderdog.com/

Travel & Lifestyle Destinations Appeal
Clubs’ diverse settings provide enticing travel and lifestyle attractions, augmenting global appeal.

Ha ha describes Dagenham well
len

redboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am Is it just me or does selling to another foreign owner fill you with intrepidation? These guys have no experience of football in this country, let alone the history and values that our club perceives to maintain. I fear that it will be like pass the parcel, with our club just being an asset being sold off and worse still, the dinosaurs that have been constant throughout our demise still in place.

We need a total clear out except for the fans voice remaining on the board. We need British owners. We need people who understand non-league football, our roots, our heritage and what our fans expect. I was delighted to see Bromley promoted at the weekend, who included many ex D&R players. No disrespect to them who have an excellent manager and probably a similar budget, but if they can achieve that, why can't we.
It is quite clear that with a club of our size and crowds we need investors to compete successfully at this level. It seems many clubs at the very top of the Premier league are indeed these days owned by foreign investors. It is all very well saying we need British owners but where do you think they can be found I wonder. It is a very costly and quite often thankless task investing money in a football club. In fact it's not even investing, its merely a case of very often throwing money into a pit with little or no success at the end of it. I don't know what the new owners plans are for this club but feel a lot more optimistic now than a few weeks ago when there was uncertainty in what was happening to the club.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

len wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:11 am
redboy wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:45 am Is it just me or does selling to another foreign owner fill you with intrepidation? These guys have no experience of football in this country, let alone the history and values that our club perceives to maintain. I fear that it will be like pass the parcel, with our club just being an asset being sold off and worse still, the dinosaurs that have been constant throughout our demise still in place.

It is quite clear that with a club of our size and crowds we need investors to compete successfully at this level. It seems many clubs at the very top of the Premier league are indeed these days owned by foreign investors. It is all very well saying we need British owners but where do you think they can be found I wonder. It is a very costly and quite often thankless task investing money in a football club. In fact it's not even investing, its merely a case of very often throwing money into a pit with little or no success at the end of it. I don't know what the new owners plans are for this club but feel a lot more optimistic now than a few weeks ago when there was uncertainty in what was happening to the club.
+1. We have 'people who understand non-league football, and our roots' in charge at the moment and they get absolutely killed every time they ever say anything. Beggars can't be choosers really.
Diggerthedog

Bromley had a much bigger budget than us last season, probably double what Ben had due to investment from their near billionaire owner and their 3G pitch revenue.

It’s a massive season for us with new investors and hopefully a new board in what looks like a massively open division. Shit or bust as they say.
Auntie Merge

We had a British owner. But lets not rake over old coals about why he walked away.
Daggerman

We had a British owner. But let’s not rake over old coals about why he walked away.
[/quote]

I thought he was North Korean!
Ally Fraser

Takeover complete.