Burnett must go

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

So my boy, who wasn't there on Friday, told his mate to stick a fiver on Exeter to win when he heard from me that we went 1-0 up. Sadly it really is that predicable.

We can play so well for parts of games and then just see that turn round when the opposition work us out. There seems to be no plan B. Our home form is just so poor, and has been for so long now, that maybe we are reaching the point where "something has to be done". It won't be knee jerk at this point in time.
ARNU

Having an anonymous chairman who dosent even do a couple of paragraphs in the matchday programme dosent help either.Still,thats what you get when you put a plumber in charge of a football club I s'pose.Drainage hasn't been an issue since he took over so maybe its not all bad.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

Mike the Dagger wrote:So my boy, who wasn't there on Friday, told his mate to stick a fiver on Exeter to win when he heard from me that we went 1-0 up. Sadly it really is that predicable.

We can play so well for parts of games and then just see that turn round when the opposition work us out. There seems to be no plan B. Our home form is just so poor, and has been for so long now, that maybe we are reaching the point where "something has to be done". It won't be knee jerk at this point in time.

Won on Both teams to score on Friday, May well do the same bet tomorrow, although I think Orient will win.
Richie

ARNU wrote:Having an anonymous chairman who dosent even do a couple of paragraphs in the matchday programme dosent help either.Still,thats what you get when you put a plumber in charge of a football club I s'pose.Drainage hasn't been an issue since he took over so maybe its not all bad.
Yes, that is the issue here. If the chairman wrote some notes in the programme we'd be keeping clean-sheets galore
Dagger83

Richie wrote:
ARNU wrote:Having an anonymous chairman who dosent even do a couple of paragraphs in the matchday programme dosent help either.Still,thats what you get when you put a plumber in charge of a football club I s'pose.Drainage hasn't been an issue since he took over so maybe its not all bad.
Yes, that is the issue here. If the chairman wrote some notes in the programme we'd be keeping clean-sheets galore
****** me. We really have reached the final excuse in the random excuse generator. I suppose we should be back on us not being in the TBS as an excuse soon.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Why is the chairman (who I understand goes to every home game) not talking so much of a problem? It's served Chelsea and Manchester city pretty well
ARNU

Dosent make him look particularly enthusiastic does it ? If the chairman don't giove a monkeys then why should the manager,players and us.Whats his name again ?
dagger4eva

Who ever said he "doesnt give a monkeys" ???
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:Who ever said he "doesnt give a monkeys" ???
Arnu did, when he wasn't introduced personally.

Apparently he didn't give any interviews. Which is true if you ignore the interviews he gave after taking over.
matt_drfc

Cannot understand what difference it makes what the chairman does and doesn't do..
dagger4eva

Ah ok ta.

I spoke to Dave Bennett a couple of times and he seems a rather shy, reserved chap. Not one l imagine would enjoy being in the limelight with doing interviews etc.

If you think back Dave Andrews only rarely gave opinion / interviews / said much at the fans forums etc etc and l can assure you he very much "gave a monkeys"
NickMurphy

Bit rude really having a go at the chairman for doing completely nothing wrong. Having spoken to him at Hartlepool, along with the other 4/5 of us that were there, I can vouch that he very much does have the best interests of the club at heart, and just because he doesn't write in the programme or publically bugle information, doesn't mean he sits idly by.
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote:Bit rude really having a go at the chairman for doing completely nothing wrong. Having spoken to him at Hartlepool, along with the other 4/5 of us that were there, I can vouch that he very much does have the best interests of the club at heart, and just because he doesn't write in the programme or publically bugle information, doesn't mean he sits idly by.
Seems a bit of a public relations fail to me.If we have anything to say we'd say it to Thommo and not the chairman anyway (notwithstanding I still dont know who he is or what he even looks like).Maybe we should all moan to Darren Currie instead of Wayne when we lose.Wouldnt hurt a few lines in a program would it really ? Just because you saw him at a football match dosent mean hes working his cods off either.Nice comfy seat in the directors box,job seems to be all perks.
bearaab

Well we can all be happy he's doing the job and not you.
Dagdale

Wayne comes over to most of us as a lovely guy who I'm pretty sure his intentions for this club are in good heart and future but I'm really not to sure he can turn it around now, just somehow feel players for some really puzzled reason can't sustain 90 minutes of decent play and keep hold of the tempo. This League is the closest to the trap door of falling out of the English League and getting back (just look at the clubs down there who have long term efforts season after season) is probably one of hardest feats a side can try to achieve. I can't believe bringing Murphy and Hines will to be honest as some people believe make all the difference, seeing them just before they got injured last term they dipped quite badly and after long term injuries could take even longer when playing again to be a real threat. Are we, as a club whether board, team and fans can afford to wait on and have the real nightmare of a last day shoot out again like a York City and sweat with a team like the Cobblers helping us out again! The three up to Luton now are crucial ,to carrying it on and trying to get a point here and there is madness. I really can't understand why so many of us coaching staff, fans and board have seen the writing on the wall for so long and just crazily goes from game to game. No height up front, no holding player, no general out there to organise, why the hell did we let go a Lawson D' Ath type player go, and I still think goalkeeping has cost us. All the twenty/thirty of us who witnessed Ebbsfleet Utd thrashing of us that hot July day pre-season on leaving the ground could understandably fore see the future season that day and unfortunately we now look right.