Burnett must go

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
oddsi

I rarely postbut I was also the person who posted after the Morecambe game urging for the removal of Burnett. Football is a results industry andthe facts are that including the three pre season friendlies we have now lost 8 out of 10 of our home games ! Going back to last december we have now only won 4 of I think is 25 home games. Where else would tthjs be tolerated ?

The performances in general have been lacklusrtre and without passion or desire.its the manager who is responsible for the personel on the park and defines the way we play and can we truly say that he is performing ? I think the board supported him with with the players he wanted but there comes a time when he has to stand up and be counted. Tonight he said in his after match interview that the game was very tatical , well Wayne came a poor second in that department.

Just one more fact in our last 57 league games only one defender scored for us and that was Doey at Cheltenham on the last day of the season ! Pity we dont defend set pieces as well as we attack them !!

I'm off to bed on that note.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Once again we hear him say they changed their shape. It appears to me that opposing players are listening to their Manager better then we are and makes you wonder how much longer teams will come to Us and not do to us from the start what Cambridge Morcombe and now Exeter have done to us second half. When they do and play with the "shape" we are going to get a spanking.

The Manager has picked a team that is only good enough for counter attacking football I am sorry to say. How we can go from looking so good to so very ard poor in a matter of minutes only he can answer,let's be fair we were crying for the half time whistle as our problems started at 40 minutes onwards tonight.

It's the same story home game after home game and as much as I hope they don't pull the trigger I can't see the board renewing his contract with home results like this.

It's a shame cos I see what he us trying to do but it is obvious the Players are not up to it.
That lad was going down the Tunnel tonight so what Partridge was thinking of god alone knows. All these penaltys are not giving us a hope .
Diggerthedog

Howell will be out for an operation now and it's say four weeks. In daggers terms that will be him out until the new year.

Back to the original post about Burnett getting the bullet? He says in his interview that tisdale got it right? I disagree because you got it wrong Wayne. if we had been positive second half just like the first then we should have won the game. All this time wasting is farcical and it stems back to the manager and his tactics which are simply not good enough in my view. But why change the way we played from the first half?

We waited far too long to make subs in this game we were under the cosh and it never got changed until it was far too late, again poor game management. When you have a player booked for time wasting with 20 minutes left you know how positive we were trying to be.

Doe needs to come back in the side, partridge has no recovery pace as pointed out by Arnu several weeks ago. It's going to be a long season.
Dagger In The Heart

I made a similar observation last night, it stems from Cousins wasting half an hour everytime he gets the bloody ball. Allows the opposition to reorganise and push right up on our defensive line, causing him to have no choice but to hoof it long down the park and it just comes straight back. Yes, bring Hemmings off cause he's been booked and doing nothing, but if this is the tactic, (and I use this highly loosely as it's more what they force us to do) then bring on fricking Doidge, who might actually win the damn thing when it's aimlessly punted forward, rather than a like for like replacement who'll equally achieve nothing and not make the opposition have to change stance. There's no way Jamie is ever gonna win it against big lumps, and hell there's no way you can accuse him of not trying.

The tactic of going over the top when they push up clearly ain't working, as they sit their backline deep, so there must be space somewhere. Get someone to drop into that space to combat the opposition, but I suspect WB hasn't spotted that, and I've now totally lost faith in the management. God knows what goes on in that dressing room at HT, surely any manager with any nouse, would tell the players that the opposition will probably press higher, so therefore move to plan B.

Need to get rid of WB unfortunately before it's too late, any half decent manager out there would surely relish the chance of managing the likes of Cureton, Murphy, Hines, Ogogo, Howell, Doe, Chambers, Labadie, Boucaud etc. Heaven knows they might even try and improve the defence, rather than signing endless bloody strikers we simply don't need. A quarter decent LB would be a good start.

As I said last night, seeing Jamie in the centre circle head in hands crouched over, I bet he's wondering why for damn sake he's signed here and contemplating where next when his contract expires. In my view only a new leader at the helm can repair motivation for players of such ilk and convince them to stay.

Oh, and not forgetting the motivation and willing support of the fans too. Yet another big turnout and pathetic loss, happens everytime we have a good crowd, hardly convincing anyone they'd wish to part with a hard earned £18 in 2 weeks time.
ARNU

So I was Waynes greatest fan.I like what he is trying to do as we had previously had 3 years of failed Hoofball that never met the standard set by the likes of Benno,Strevens and Saunders and later on Green,Benno and Scott.Stills last 3 years were, in a nutshell..terrible.We needed a change,of that none of us can have any doubts.But turning up for a home game now feels exactly like that spell John Still had where he got 3 points out of about 54.Still should have been sacked way earlier in that terrible phase but the club didn't have the balls to do it,instead they concentrated on getting easter eggs 2 months late into the club shop and other unimportant things.Wayne now has to go.His tactics are poor,his defense is weak and I don't think the players even like him.We have lost a few good players since the Wycombe home win that Wayne bollocked them for and never really recovered from that.9th was honourable last season but with this squad we should be winning this league not bumping along the bottom losing all our home games.What wayne is trying to do is good but it could definately be done better by somebody else.Sack him now Thommo please.Also when are we ever gonna hear a peep out of our anonymous chairman ? Dosent even write in the programs..sack him as well lazy bastard !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Also,can our new manager wear a ******** tracksuit and look like he is a real football manager.If wayne put as much effort into sorting this shower out as he does sorting his wardrobe we'd be playing Barcelona ands other managers who wear designer clobber.Dont know why it bothers me but it does !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

oddsi wrote:I rarely postbut I was also the person who posted after the Morecambe game urging for the removal of Burnett. Football is a results industry andthe facts are that including the three pre season friendlies we have now lost 8 out of 10 of our home games ! Going back to last december we have now only won 4 of I think is 25 home games. Where else would tthjs be tolerated ?

The performances in general have been lacklusrtre and without passion or desire.its the manager who is responsible for the personel on the park and defines the way we play and can we truly say that he is performing ? I think the board supported him with with the players he wanted but there comes a time when he has to stand up and be counted. Tonight he said in his after match interview that the game was very tatical , well Wayne came a poor second in that department.

Just one more fact in our last 57 league games only one defender scored for us and that was Doey at Cheltenham on the last day of the season ! Pity we dont defend set pieces as well as we attack them !!

I was listening until then
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Oh, ******, well if we're losing pre season friendlies he has to go! Can't be doing that.
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:
oddsi wrote:I rarely postbut I was also the person who posted after the Morecambe game urging for the removal of Burnett. Football is a results industry andthe facts are that including the three pre season friendlies we have now lost 8 out of 10 of our home games ! Going back to last december we have now only won 4 of I think is 25 home games. Where else would tthjs be tolerated ?

I was listening until then
To be fair to the original poster we were terrible defensively in pre season and 3 months down the line nothing has changed. We lost 4-0 to ebbsfleet and now we all know it was a sign of things to come.
oddsi

Its ok to deride for me including pre season friendlies and normally I would agree. Take them out the equation and its 2 wins from 7 this term and 4 from 22 since december, so I suppose that makes it acceptable then, its only when we get too 2 from 10 in proper games that it counts.some people are easily pleased thats all I can say ,,,.
Mikins

That interview really pissed me off. I could've accepted it if he put his hands up and apologised, but I dont want to hear ******** compliments of Tisdales tactical game, it had ****** all to do with that, who told the players to sit back deep? who told them to hoof the ******** ball out of play rather than keeping up our passing game, who didnt give a single bloody tactical instruction to his captain to sort that shower out if he could see the second goal coming? piss off Wayne, seriously. I had plenty of respect for what you're trying to do but you need to look long and hard in the mirror and work out what the hell you're doing at half time that keeps costing us games, because theres no way that drop in performance was down to Exeter changing their shape, and if you think we're buying that then more fool you.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mikins wrote:That interview really pissed me off. I could've accepted it if he put his hands up and apologised, but I dont want to hear ******** compliments of Tisdales tactical game, it had ****** all to do with that, who told the players to sit back deep? who told them to hoof the ******** ball out of play rather than keeping up our passing game, who didnt give a single bloody tactical instruction to his captain to sort that shower out if he could see the second goal coming? piss off Wayne, seriously. I had plenty of respect for what you're trying to do but you need to look long and hard in the mirror and work out what the hell you're doing at half time that keeps costing us games, because theres no way that drop in performance was down to Exeter changing their shape, and if you think we're buying that then more fool you.
Harsh but true I am afraid
speedy

Super post Milkins. It really does make you wonder what is said at half time doesn't it.
redboy

Milkins is spot on and I'm sure 99% of the fans would agree too. So my question is what are the board going to do about it? How long will they wait until we're even further in the brown stuff? For once guys, grow some balls and make a decision. Our home record this year is a disgrace and is pure relegation form. I'm fed up people saying WB is a nice guy etc, actually he is, but I'd rather have someone like Garry Hill here. He wasn't particularly well liked, he could be a nasty bastard but he got results and put D&R on the map. I'm not saying get him back, although we could do worse, but I want a manager and a team with an edge. I want someone with experience and nous. F##k the budget, I'd rather pay a manager decent money and have less squad players. Act now, not after xmas when we're getting sub 1000 gates and are 10 points adrift. People pay good money to come and watch this side, so FFS give them some value for money!!!!!!!!111
mickeyblue

See what happens when we play on a Friday night we have mikins talking sense at 3:04 pm on a saturday
pffft
but we finished 9th!