Burnett must go

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Honestly, if we lose v Luton, Acrrington and Newport then I expect the board to make the decision.

But who would you like to see come in?

Personally, I would love to see Robbo and Mark Arber involved somewhere. Both know how to create team spirit against all the odds, something which is sadly lacking at the moment.
mickeyblue

Id love robbo here

him with currie

Id keep wwth wayne until end of season tho

defo upto xmas

my only worry is we look so lightweight to grind out results when it matters

apart from abs everybody else is scared of own shadow
but we finished 9th!
ARNU

Cant see what Arber or Robbo would bring.You can be the best mechanic in the garage dosent mean you could run Ferrari the company though.No room for sentimentality in football at this level.Robbo great guy that he is,is primarily a clown and Arber you have got to be kidding me,couldnt organise Dartfords back 4 let alone ours.Dont replace Wayne with others without experience.If we are going to be silly lets have Jon nurse running it with Benno...No...I don't think so either but it would be the same thing.

Wayne must sort it out now or he's toast.Please Wayne do it for me,dont let the board bring Arber in ffs!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
redboy

I see that Colin Cooper has done the honourable thing and resigned from Hartlepool. Wonder if WB will follow suit.
ARNU

How about Gary Waddock.Just putting it out there.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:How about Gary Waddock.Just putting it out there.
You dismiss Robbo and Arber then have the audacity to suggest Wally Waddock. You'll be moaning within 4-5 matches if he's our manager.

The whole experience argument is rubbish anyway. Plenty of ex players turned managers have done well at a young age. Rowett, Alexander, Robinson, Howe, Bentley, Derry etc.
bearaab

Comparing Robbo and Arber coaching to Benson and Nurse is just ridiculous.
NickMurphy

Haven't seen the last 4 or 5 games, but Friday nights match feels quite reminiscent of Burton away from what I've read. Take the lead in the first half, albeit we weren't dominating at Burton (not sure about Friday), but we were relatively comfortable in what we were doing. Come out in the 2nd half and invite pressure on which is clearly not a very good idea if a) your us, or b) simply playing in this division, as others have alluded to. Almost a carbon copy in the sense we gave away a penalty and then the winner extremely late on in the day. Play to our strengths and attack, with the greatest of respect, and I stress I didn't see Friday, I wouldn't trust our two full backs to be able to solidly defend for 45 minutes against anyone in this division without making a mistake that leads to a goal.

Good news is we get to play Accrington next week at probably the worst possible time...so that should be fun.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:Comparing Robbo and Arber coaching to Benson and Nurse is just ridiculous.
Yes it was meant to be.Catch up !
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
You dismiss Robbo and Arber then have the audacity to suggest Wally Waddock. You'll be moaning within 4-5 matches if he's our manager.

The whole experience argument is rubbish anyway. Plenty of ex players turned managers have done well at a young age. Rowett, Alexander, Robinson, Howe, Bentley, Derry etc.
Irony going over everyones head today.

My point is just don't replace Wayne with more unknown entitys.And certainly not ex dagger hero's.Id rather go to my grave loving Tony Roberts than let him ruin it all too early in his managerial career.Arber hasn't got the stomach for it.Taking Criticism not being his strong point.He'd have slashed his wrists after his 1st 3 losses.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:

Irony going over everyones head today.

My point is just don't replace Wayne with more unknown entitys.And certainly not ex dagger hero's.Id rather go to my grave loving Tony Roberts than let him ruin it all too early in his managerial career.Arber hasn't got the stomach for it.Taking Criticism not being his strong point.He'd have slashed his wrists after his 1st 3 losses.
I personally would consider Currie for when Wayne does eventually leave whether that's this season or in a few years. I like the way he talks in interviews. Seems very composed and knowledgeable.

As much as I think Wayne is an excellent coach and has a lot of knowledge, I think his temperament is what lets him down. He gets too emotionally involved when as the person in charge he is meant to be the calm authority figure.
Mark

I can't see Currie being management material. He strikes me as somebody who is good coaching technical skills and not somebody with the mentality to build a side to compete in this division. Wayne mk. 2.
Diggerthedog

That being the point Mark, Wayne is clearly a good coach but had failed to make the transition to become a manager in the last 18 months. People say it takes time but we are running out of time now.

I would like to see how the next two or three games go and we we are still struggling then it's time for a change.

PS Vindelot get a life :lol:
Pondfield Dagger

burnett.....

poor substitutions
poor tactics in later stages of games
poor half time team talk
instructing the team to hoof the ball up to cureton
failure to stop repetitive mistakes ie conceding so many penalties and goals from set pieces.
Pushing out femi and wilkinson out of the club, when these positions we are frail in.
poor interviews...naming certain players and the same old..`the players have got to learn from this`
matt_drfc

Pondfield Dagger wrote:burnett.....

poor substitutions
poor tactics in later stages of games
poor half time team talk
instructing the team to hoof the ball up to cureton
failure to stop repetitive mistakes ie conceding so many penalties and goals from set pieces.
Pushing out femi and wilkinson out of the club, when these positions we are frail in.
poor interviews...naming certain players and the same old..`the players have got to learn from this`
You're in these half time team talks where he instructs the team to hoof the ball up to Cureton? I very much doubt it. It's easy to see the opposition come out at us and press us high, so with no space to pass it, we are forced to hoof it, and as JC isn't the tallest, the ball comes back and makes us drop deeper and deeper, in the end just forcing us to keep hoofing it to relieve pressure instead of trying to start attacks. Easy to know this will happen and bring doidge on at half time but obviously it isn't as simple as that.