Final result following us taking the lead..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

At some point in the game!!

Wanted to go through the games and find this out for myself. Having calculated it may as well share and keep this stat updated.

So, after taking the lead at some point in the game (we have done so in 8 of our 11 league games) the final result has ended up as follows:

Won - 3 times
Drew - 2 times
Lost - 3 times

Funny enough, the 3 wins have all come with us having a clean sheet. The other 5 times and particularly last night, we truly and utterly bottled it.

That game last night wasnt lost on 'Tis' changing their shape, it wasnt lost on a very suspect penalty decision going against us, and l cant even blame John Still's presence on the loss.

THE reason we lost was because for every single good thing the team did in the 1st 45 went completely out the window in the 2nd, not just the way the team DIDNT KEEP its shape, discipline and closing down of the opposition but more so the fact they didnt stick to the fast flowing, quick, passing football that was working so effectively! When we were in full swing Exeter couldnt live with us.
So why on gods ******** earth did we ever think it was a good idea to sit back, lump the ball up at absolutely every god given opportunity. Utterly amazing also that after they got the 2nd in the 94th effing minute we actually tried to start passing the ball again. And for a manager and team that SUPPOSEDLY want to pass the ball, where do they think a tactic of GK lanching the ball out to the flank for it to be flick headed on to no-one fits in to their strategy???????

Anyway, now l got that off my chest l can head upto westfield for some retail therapy!!

Will keep the OT stat updated as we go
Adrian

THE reason we lost was because for every single good thing the team did in the 1st 45 went completely out the window in the 2nd, not just the way the team DIDNT KEEP its shape, discipline and closing down of the opposition but more so the fact they didnt stick to the fast flowing, quick, passing football that was working so effectively! When we were in full swing Exeter couldnt live with us.
Let's be realistic though. For the most part all of the 'nice football' that we played in the first half got us nowhere. The goal and the other miss by Cureton both came about because they gave the ball away to us in bad positions.
Beyond that, while we looked fairly comfortable, we didn't really give them many problems.
dagger4eva

In terms of actual chances created from it there wasmt many.. BUT the most important thing about how we were playing was that we were on the front foot, and Exeter were very much on the back foor.

To change from that was criminal and completely handed Exeter the iniative.

Unless im mistaken, our goal came from them losingthe ball in their own half. We then broke down the line crossed it 1st time, 1 touch from JC and bang.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We played with Six players for most of second half attacking wise. The Goalkeeper who is at least a shining light I. This dark tunnel. The four defenders and JC the rest were not needed . At times as stated elsewhere Exeter had four in their own half and we had ten in ours and they walked past us an utter shambles.God knows what the score would have been if they played the whole game like they did the second half.
Could not beleive what I was watching Boucard went sideways Labadie went missing Hemmings did us all a favour by getting booked because you would not know he was there and if the Police ask Chambers what he was doing between 8 .45 and 9 .45 he is going to have trouble convincing them he was at work.

Why oh why did Doidge not get called on earlier to at least give us another outlet.

Woke up this morning thinking I had a very bad dream and then realise it actually happened in front of my eyes .

Dreadfull and utter shambles does not go near it.
dagger4eva

One other thing that sticks out with me is that is that WB has said he could see the SECOND goal coming.

Well it was blindingly obvious to me and most other people in the ground that the 1st was too.

So how on earth did it take for the split second the penalty was awarded for him to prepare and make a tactical substitution???

I have no doubts Hemmings was taken off to save from a possible 2nd yellow which in a way l guess is also tactical but he needed to make his second chang much, much sooner!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:
Anyway, now l got that off my chest l can head upto westfield for some retail therapy!!

Will keep the OT stat updated as we go
We'll I hope you spend your money a bit more wisely then our Club have.

At least under Statutory law you have the right to return shoddy goods that are not fit for purpose,pity D & R FC can't do likewise.
lupins

Only the Manager knows how he wanted to play in the second half and I assume he didn't say play like that. But to stop the usual immediately on the back foot in the second half the first thing we needed to do was keep the ball. But we kicked off and put it straight out of play. That's just poor it wouldn't have mattered if we kept it and went sideways for two minutes

The worst thing about last night was the lack of leadership all over the pitch and no one taking responsibility. Early on in the second half when it was obvious we were under pressure and the shape had gone it was crying out for someone to lay down injured and give a chance to chat, regroup and kill their tempo a little. That's just basic

I fear for this Team unless it grows a pair but will be very happy to be proved wrong
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:Only the Manager knows how he wanted to play in the second half and I assume he didn't say play like that. But to stop the usual immediately on the back foot in the second half the first thing we needed to do was keep the ball. But we kicked off and put it straight out of play. That's just poor it wouldn't have mattered if we kept it and went sideways for two minutes

The worst thing about last night was the lack of leadership all over the pitch and no one taking responsibility. Early on in the second half when it was obvious we were under pressure and the shape had gone it was crying out for someone to lay down injured and give a chance to chat, regroup and kill their tempo a little. That's just basic

I fear for this Team unless it grows a pair but will be very happy to be proved wrong
May I suggest somebody like Billy Bingham now there's and idea , but we better not go there.
ARNU

Unfortunately Bingham only has to watch someone else fall over to get injured himself.He'd last 2-3 games then be out again for 6 months.
Im afraid to say it,and I've calmed down quite a bit,but wayne clearly has lost his way.He must now be put on notice.Sort it or sod off ! Nothing personal,he's tried and hes failing.Maybe he'll chuck it in before it all gets too embarrassing for him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Unfortunately Bingham only has to watch someone else fall over to get injured himself.He'd last 2-3 games then be out again for 6 months.
Im afraid to say it,and I've calmed down quite a bit,but wayne clearly has lost his way.He must now be put on notice.Sort it or sod off ! Nothing personal,he's tried and hes failing.Maybe he'll chuck it in before it all gets too embarrassing for him.
A month would be enough Arnu until Howell gets back we need somebody to get us going forward. Sadly what I am hearing you won't see him in a Daggers shirt again even for two or three.
Diggerthedog

15 league goals conceded in second half of games this season, 19 overall.
speedy

Dont worry about Luke Howell being back sooner rather than later. Cast your mind back to late July when Billy Bingham took a slight knock to his knee according to the club. 3 months later still no sign of him or any news on him come to that. Hope i'm wrong re Howell, although he hasn't been on top form this season i actually felt we badly missed his energy in midfield last night.
Diggerthedog

speedy wrote:Dont worry about Luke Howell being back sooner rather than later. Cast your mind back to late July when Billy Bingham took a slight knock to his knee according to the club. 3 months later still no sign of him or any news on him come to that. Hope i'm wrong re Howell, although he hasn't been on top form this season i actually felt we badly missed his energy in midfield last night.

Bingham has been fit for ages just not getting picked. Sussex knows more.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Speedy I think Howell is one of these players you don't notice to his not there and boy do you miss him. That period under John Still that Arnu often refers to it started at Hereford when he went off. It was not until he got back that we looked like getting out of bother.

There is more to Billy Bingham situation then meets the eye I am given to understand, I can't betray something that is not in the public domain and if accurate his non selection is nothing to do with his fitness.
speedy

Fair do's sussex, just aggravates me as a season ticket holder and many other paying fans the lack of info from the club. I get to some away games but the ones i dont i generally find a match report straight away on the oppositions website. I must admit tho' the twitter feed is not to bad in that respect.