Orient tonight

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Yep there was some booes. I booed. No fight apart from Bingham. Burnett Out!
daggersjeff

We were abysmal.

Given that this was a local derby AND that Orient had never beaten us in the JPT, I fancied us tonight. BBC stats show 9 shots at goal. Really?

We couldn't of complained if it has been 4 or 5

Its time for a change...................before its too late
leewilson

I don't think the game tonight is any indication to go by really. They had a strong side out. We had a few absentees plus we're a division below and in poor form.

That being said, Wayne has got to come up with something soon or he'll find himself under huge pressure. The next 2-3 league games will help.
redboy

A few things learnt from tonight.

2 up front is a must, thought the waiter played well, didn't deserve to come off. (another great WB substitution)
Bingham deserves a start on Saturday
Goldberg / Porter are only ever going to be used as subs, so why have them in the squad
In training we need to show our players what a goal looks like, cos we don't look like finding it

Thought 2-0 was a fair scoreline, could've been more to be fair. I accept that Orient had a strong side out, but ffs, where was the fight youd normally see in a London derby. Im a massive Abu fan, but even he wasn't on his normal game. I actually think that WB has lost the dressing room and many of the players are going through the motions waiting for his exit.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The policy that was refreshing to watch has been abandoned and now the Players don't appear to know weather to play it or hoof it,we'll that's how I saw it.
Adrian

leewilson wrote:I don't think the game tonight is any indication to go by really. They had a strong side out. We had a few absentees plus we're a division below and in poor form.

That being said, Wayne has got to come up with something soon or he'll find himself under huge pressure. The next 2-3 league games will help.
It's not about one game though is it? It's about a succession of games where we have been poor.
Its about a host of other things as well - players being slated in public by the manager - the players he signed.
Players wanting to leave.
Utterly clueless substitutions - seriously what was the point in sending on that kid against Northampton in injury time when 2 down. What was the point in putting Raymond on with a few minutes to go yesterday?

I'm not one for calling for managers to be sacked, and I'm not convinced that getting rid of Burnett now would actually help much. Whoever came in would still be stuck with the same group of lightweight players.
ARNU

Maybe Dave the plumber is a masochist.Trying to see how much pain he can endure before addressing the problem.He cant be bothered to address us so Im sure we'll be waiting a while yet.Knowing Waynes temper though he'll probably smash his office up and leave in a huff anyway on the 1st bus to luton I'd wager.

Seriously....I agree with Adrian,its not just the one game but a combination of many.The home form is unacceptable.If we were losing all our aways and winning points at home we'd be more supportive Im sure.The new style of play has gone completely out the window,I know others weren't happy with it but it would have worked had he stuck at it.Now its just Johny hoofball done badly.Lumping the ball up in the air for midgets to try and get hold of.I feel so sorry for Cureton as he is such a quality player. Murphy couldn't lace his boots and wont come back and make anything better anytime soon.

I would advise we get a new manager within the month to avoid certain relegation.
Last edited by ARNU on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:
leewilson wrote:I don't think the game tonight is any indication to go by really. They had a strong side out. We had a few absentees plus we're a division below and in poor form.

It's not about one game though is it? It's about a succession of games where we have been poor.
Its about a host of other things as well - players being slated in public by the manager - the players he signed.
Players wanting to leave.
Utterly clueless substitutions - seriously what was the point in sending on that kid against Northampton in injury time when 2 down. What was the point in putting Raymond on with a few minutes to go yesterday?

I'm not one for calling for managers to be sacked, and I'm not convinced that getting rid of Burnett now would actually help much. Whoever came in would still be stuck with the same group of lightweight players.
Agree on almost everything there... sadly for us, those lightweight players could flourish elsewhere with a midfield that gave the wide players the ball in space to put in a cross and we had a striker built for scoring headers or finishing balls from out wide... i'm not convinced even a fit Murphy would have saved us so far this season with our current formation as (while obviously talented), he doesn't have the vision for a first touch like Cureton had at Exeter to get away from the defender for his goal.

The substitution issue really is a curious one... especially as people originally said it was a breath of fresh air to not see the same player come on after exactly 70 minutes like the same regime... everything is going backwards now
mickeyblue

Yesterday when players came out 2nd half they all looked beaten men
walking towards that stupid cones to do childs drill with heads and bodys all down

It looks to me like everyone has had enough.

wayne on otherhand looked pleased with himself.
Im starting to lose faith.
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Maybe Dave the plumber is a masochist.Trying to see how much pain he can endure before addressing the problem.He cant be bothered to address us so Im sure we'll be waiting a while yet.Knowing Waynes temper though he'll probably smash his office up and leave in a huff anyway on the 1st bus to luton I'd wager.

Seriously....I agree with Adrian,its not just the one game but a combination of many.The home form is unacceptable.If we were losing all our aways and winning points at home we'd be more supportive Im sure.The new style of play has gone completely out the window,I know others weren't happy with it but it would have worked had he stuck at it.Now its just Johny hoofball done badly.Lumping the ball up in the air for midgets to try and get hold of.I feel so sorry for Cureton as he is such a quality player. Murphy couldn't lace his boots and wont come back and make anything better anytime soon.

I would advise we get a new manager within the month to avoid certain relegation.
Bit harsh to keep having a dig at the Chairman Arnu who I have found to be a decent honest bloke who has served this Club well over the years.

Ok have a poke at the Manager and.who is badly being let down,however when we have finished moving Deck Chairs round the Titanic we should be aiming our Cannons at the real culprits the Players.
ARNU

You know me Sussex,Im like a Jack Russel with a bone.Waving that bone around a bit always rattles the cages of the otherwise quiet.

My only true criticism of the chairman is that he is so anonymous.He dosent do a paragraph in the matchday programme which I find quite strange in such a "family orientated club" and unless you are somebody who props up the club bar or can be arsed to attend what I see as a futile fans forum (Where last time he said ****** all) you'll never meet the bloke or even know who he is.He is a public relations failure.He might well be great at being a Chairman.Lets see how many more games we can lose on the bounce before he acts.Has he ever had a walk round the ground like Thommo does on match days,does he even know where the sieve is ? I haven't ever seen him on a match day cos I don't drink drive although I think I can just make him out in his directors seat on a clear day.I accept we aren't losing football matches because of him but at times like this we do need someone to boot the manager up the jacksy,I just hope he aint sitting there letting it all pass him by.

Blaming the players......Not sure about that.You cant pass blame downwards all the time although successive government ministers find it quite easy to dis-own their errors using that ploy.The manager chooses the team and the tactics.It seems WB hasn't been able to instill disciplines that work and has resorted to a very poor standard of hoofball that even john Still would cringe at.Thats Wayne and the coaching staffs fault.The players I think are good enough,poor old Jack Connors seems to be a bit of a weakness that we can all see yet gets picked over Femi and now even the more powerful Green and it took quarter of a season for wayne to see O'Brien is crap.Wasnt Wayne in charge when Miles was put in over Seabright too ? It all went wrong when he told them off after winning v Wycombe that day.This is not the players fault,its the tactics and selections that are letting us down.That is Waynes responsibility.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
OBD

The Romford Dagger wrote:Yep there was some booes. I booed. No fight apart from Bingham. Burnett Out!
And what did you accomplish by booing?
@OfficialBigDave
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Can I just say straightaway that I don't want our chairman writing in the programme - what's he going to say, 'oh, yes, we made a profit this week but sadly last week we made a loss. Up the Daggers!'. If you want to support a club where you get the chance to harp on about money all the time, then go and watch Arsenal thank you very much
bearaab

What would you write in the programme arnu? Seeing as your so keen for it.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The truth would be a good start. If a player is going to be out half the season say it.