Orient tonight

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The truth would be a good start. If a player is going to be out half the season say it.
Why would the chairman be saying that though?
ARNU

bearaab wrote:What would you write in the programme arnu? Seeing as your so keen for it.
Being as you asked.....

Letter from Arnu the new daggers Chairman.

Good afternoon fellow Daggers, Firstly Id like to welcome Newport county and their loyal following to our ground today.Im sure they will put up a spirited fight today and we will have to dig in hard if we want any points out of this one.Blah blah blah....

Next bit....
Im gonna cut to the chase here....things have been going quite badly in recent weeks and our home record has given us all cause for concern.I know Wayne and the boys say they have been putting the hours in and losing sleep over our recent form but having had a quiet word with WB and his coaching staff I decided to let them all go.I've bought in Jonny Nurse and Dave Hogan to caretake while i get in a decent manager,I've kicked out Dave the plumber and his cronies although ive kept on the much respected Steve Thommo Thompson as hes a gentleman and got the clubs best interests at heart(he aint going near the club shop though as I want it to make a few quid selling stuff you want rather than tatty old easter eggs).You can be assured I know how important todays game and the rest of the season is to the boys,the board** and most of all you poor bastards who have to watch this week in week out(and even you armchair fans that cant be bothered :lol: ).Blah blah blah.
Next bit....
Now Arny is here things are-a gonna change !!
No more getting soaked in the Bury Road end Ive had a word with some of my building chums and we're having a roof bunged on this Sunday.I've evicted the away fans from the TBS and given it to our fans for £10 a seat.I've also put a sign up on every station on the district line from Upminster to Barking advertising our wonderful little club.No more ****** hoof ball either.I've personally paid for Femi to come back and binned Thug and some of the other poor replacements bought in this summer.Also we're gonna have some top totty prancing around in bikinis at half time. Ive also banned the little fella that's been drumming so badly for the past season or so from going anywhere near a drum in this ground ever again.

Id once again like to thank you for all your support over the years Blah Blah blah and can assure you we will get out of this league at the top end not the bottom.Thanks again for your support.

With love and peace

Arnu

The new board of directors:

Me...Chairman.
Full metal Dagger
Russell the coach bloke
Thomo
That moany fella from the sieve with the gravelly voice(talks some sense occasionally)
Mike Nolan from Bucks Fizz
Tony Roberts uncle sid
Adrian,Lee Wilson and Nick the Dagger to completely ignore from time to time just to wind them up really.Just to see the looks on their faces that Im the chairman would be a sight to behold Ha Ha ha!!!
Mark Arber to run the twitter feed.
Last edited by ARNU on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
TheLion

The only time you tend to hear from Chairmen in football is when they are giving the manager a vote of confidence or the sack.

Some of the stuff we would like to hear about the team should be coming from the manager's notes rather than the same old dross he serves up in every match programme.

Perhaps at the next meet the manager/chairman session we might get a sense of what they really feel. I know how I feel after the past three a bit years of absolute dullness at home, even if some of the away games have been worth attending.
The Romford Dagger

OBD wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:Yep there was some booes. I booed. No fight apart from Bingham. Burnett Out!
And what did you accomplish by booing?
I'm accomplished making myself feel a bit better after watching us show no spirit in a game with our biggest rivals arguably. I booed to get my point across as a fan which I'm entitled to do. The team/manager deserved it Imo.
Crushed Dreams

ARNU wrote:You know me Sussex,Im like a Jack Russel with a bone.Waving that bone around a bit always rattles the cages of the otherwise quiet.

My only true criticism of the chairman is that he is so anonymous.He dosent do a paragraph in the matchday programme which I find quite strange in such a "family orientated club" and unless you are somebody who props up the club bar or can be arsed to attend what I see as a futile fans forum (Where last time he said ****** all) you'll never meet the bloke or even know who he is.He is a public relations failure.He might well be great at being a Chairman.Lets see how many more games we can lose on the bounce before he acts.Has he ever had a walk round the ground like Thommo does on match days,does he even know where the sieve is ? I haven't ever seen him on a match day cos I don't drink drive although I think I can just make him out in his directors seat on a clear day.I accept we aren't losing football matches because of him but at times like this we do need someone to boot the manager up the jacksy,I just hope he aint sitting there letting it all pass him by.

Blaming the players......Not sure about that.You cant pass blame downwards all the time although successive government ministers find it quite easy to dis-own their errors using that ploy.The manager chooses the team and the tactics.It seems WB hasn't been able to instill disciplines that work and has resorted to a very poor standard of hoofball that even john Still would cringe at.Thats Wayne and the coaching staffs fault.The players I think are good enough,poor old Jack Connors seems to be a bit of a weakness that we can all see yet gets picked over Femi and now even the more powerful Green and it took quarter of a season for wayne to see O'Brien is crap.Wasnt Wayne in charge when Miles was put in over Seabright too ? It all went wrong when he told them off after winning v Wycombe that day.This is not the players fault,its the tactics and selections that are letting us down.That is Waynes responsibility.
I think you have the Chairman's role all wrong. The Chairman overseas the board and controls board meetings. He/she makes sure these main officers are doing there job. The main time ordinary folk will hear from the the Chairman is when he takes the AGM.

It is the chief executhe or, in our case, managing director who does the day to day oversight of the club functions, those you seem to attribute to the Chairman..

Thus, in the recent Tesco issue, the Chairman is getting flak primarily for his failure to oversee the various people adequately - such as having no effective finance director for six months and questioning Tesco's need for private jets.
TomMc

I've never understood the whole "I pay their wages I should be entitled to know everything that's going on" line of thought. There are numerous reasons as to why we may be a little liberal with truth when discussing players' injuries in the programme etc, but people already know this too.

Booing isn't constructive in any way shape or form, there are far better ways to show dissatisfaction.

Once again there's a complete misunderstanding in this thread about how the role of Chairman and the board in general work within our club. If anyone thinks the being in either of those positions is a cakewalk then they're mistaken.

I haven't been to a match this season so can't comment on anything that's happened on the pitch, but from the interviews and articles I've read it does seem as though Wayne has a lot to learn when it comes to man-management. Some need an arm around them, some need a kick up the arse, some need little direction on a football pitch and some need instructions constantly barked at them - the trick is knowing what is best for a particular player.
ARNU

TomMc wrote:I haven't been to a match this season so can't comment on anything that's happened on the pitch, but from the interviews and articles I've read it does seem as though Wayne has a lot to learn when it comes to man-management. Some need an arm around them, some need a kick up the arse, some need little direction on a football pitch and some need instructions constantly barked at them - the trick is knowing what is best for a particular player.
That sounds very familiar.Needless to say I agree.
Lcbdagger

I can't personally say I understand the issue about people booing... if the performance is poo and people are paying to watch then they will get booed... the other option presumably is for less people to go each week until we average 800 Home fans per match, are outnumbered against teams like Portsmouth by away fans and drastically have to cut our season on season budget as match day and season ticket sales fall??

It never accomplished anything in a football sense to boo Lee Hughes whenever he played against us but it bloody well made people feel better
ARNU

Booing is just a sign of displeasure.They are happy enough when we cheer and praise(which is thru out most games I attend).How else do you show your disappointment if you cant boo ? Don't turn up at all I suppose ! Like me at Newport next week,got some paint drying that needs watching.
Simmo

ARNU wrote:
bearaab wrote:What would you write in the programme arnu? Seeing as your so keen for it.
Being as you asked.....

Good afternoon fellow Daggers, Firstly Id like to welcome Newport county and their loyal following to our ground today.Im sure they will put up a spirited fight today and we will have to dig in hard if we want any points out of this one.Blah blah blah....

Next bit....
Im gonna cut to the chase here....things have been going quite badly in recent weeks and our home record has given us all cause for concern.I know Wayne and the boys say they have been putting the hours in and losing sleep over our recent form but having had a quiet word with WB and his coaching staff I decided to let them all go.I've bought in Jonny Nurse and Dave Hogan to caretake while i get in a decent manager,I've kicked out Dave the plumber and his cronies although ive kept on the much respected Steve Thommo Thompson as hes a gentleman and got the clubs best interests at heart(he aint going near the club shop though as I want it to make a few quid selling stuff you want rather than tatty old easter eggs).You can be assured I know how important todays game and the rest of the season is to the boys,the board** and most of all you poor bastards who have to watch this week in week out(and even you armchair fans that cant be bothered :lol: ).Blah blah blah.
Next bit....
No more getting soaked in the Bury Road end Ive had a word with some of my building chums and we're having a roof bunged on this Sunday.I've evicted the away fans from the TBS and given it to our fans for £10 a seat.I've also put a sign up on every station on the district line from Upminster to Barking advertising our wonderful little club.No more ****** hoof ball either.I've personally paid for Femi to come back and binned Thug and some of the other poor replacements bought in this summer.Also we're gonna have some top totty prancing around in bikinis at half time. Ive also banned the little fella that's been drumming so badly for the past season or so from going anywhere near a drum in this ground ever again.

Id once again like to thank you for all your support over the years Blah Blah blah and can assure you we will get out of this league at the top end not the bottom.Thanks again for your support.

With love and peace

Arnu

Me...Chairman.
Full metal Dagger
Russell the coach bloke
Thomo
That moany fella from the sieve with the gravelly voice(talks some sense occasionally)
Tony Roberts uncle sid
Adrian,Lee Wilson and Nick the Dagger to completely ignore from time to time just to wind them up really.Just to see the looks on their faces that Im the chairman would be a sight to behold Ha Ha ha!!!
I can't believe you've called me a cronie!
Do you want me to add a picture of yourself alongside your programme notes?
TomMc

ARNU wrote:
TomMc wrote:I haven't been to a match this season so can't comment on anything that's happened on the pitch, but from the interviews and articles I've read it does seem as though Wayne has a lot to learn when it comes to man-management. Some need an arm around them, some need a kick up the arse, some need little direction on a football pitch and some need instructions constantly barked at them - the trick is knowing what is best for a particular player.
You used to advocate shouting criticism at players was the only way to get them to improve, what changed?
ThatRoundThing

ARNU wrote:
Being as you asked.....

Next bit....
Next bit....

With love and peace

Arnu

Me...Chairman.
Full metal Dagger
Russell the coach bloke
Thomo
Tony Roberts uncle sid

Arnu, Can we please have Sussex talking to the media immediately after every game?..... Before he's had a chance to calm down... :lol:
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote:
You used to advocate shouting criticism at players was the only way to get them to improve, what changed?
Nothing changed.Ive always said people are motivated differently.If you ever read my posts and took any of it in you'd have seen that.You know what I used to do for a living(I was quite good at it honest) and so ruling by fear only works with a select few and rarely with anyone long term.But it is an effective option in some cases best used for the downright lazy,a category which a good few footballers with their massaged ego's fall into.I think my argument previously was that nobody was ever obviously getting shouted at or bollocked. Too much cotton wool wrapped round delicate players in the game now,"dont boo you'll upset the players" really ?? I aint never booing anyone who 's trying their best.
TomMc

ARNU wrote: Nothing changed.Ive always said people are motivated differently.If you ever read my posts and took any of it in you'd have seen that.
I think history's being re-written a little there. I distinctly remember both myself and Masked Man on the old forum pointing out on more than one occasion that shouting at people wasn't the only way to get a player to improve and you were adamant we were wrong.

JS had a lot of faults, but man-management wasn't one of them. Femi being a prime-example.
Diggerthedog

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote: Nothing changed.Ive always said people are motivated differently.If you ever read my posts and took any of it in you'd have seen that.
I think history's being re-written a little there. I distinctly remember both myself and Masked Man on the old forum pointing out on more than one occasion that shouting at people wasn't the only way to get a player to improve and you were adamant we were wrong.

JS had a lot of faults, but man-management wasn't one of them. Femi being a prime-example.
Under Still you either agreed with his ways or you were asked to leave, thats not man-management thats a dictatorship. See Stuart Lewis and any fan that dare criticise him.