Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
davei

Arnu wrote

"The new board of directors:

Me...Chairman.
Full metal Dagger
Russell the coach bloke
Thomo
That moany fella from the sieve with the gravelly voice(talks some sense occasionally)
Mike Nolan from Bucks Fizz
Tony Roberts uncle sid
Adrian,Lee Wilson and Nick the Dagger to completely ignore from time to time just to wind them up really.Just to see the looks on their faces that Im the chairman would be a sight to behold Ha Ha ha!!!
Mark Arber to run the twitter feed."

So, no place for either myself, Vindelot or Tony Blair...!!!!
ARNU

davei wrote:Arnu wrote

"The new board of directors:

Me...Chairman.
Full metal Dagger
Russell the coach bloke
Thomo
That moany fella from the sieve with the gravelly voice(talks some sense occasionally)
Mike Nolan from Bucks Fizz
Tony Roberts uncle sid
Adrian,Lee Wilson and Nick the Dagger to completely ignore from time to time just to wind them up really.Just to see the looks on their faces that Im the chairman would be a sight to behold Ha Ha ha!!!
Mark Arber to run the twitter feed."

So, no place for either myself, Vindelot or Tony Blair...!!!!
Yes your all ball boys LOL!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

TomMc wrote:
ARNU wrote: Nothing changed.Ive always said people are motivated differently.If you ever read my posts and took any of it in you'd have seen that.
I think history's being re-written a little there. I distinctly remember both myself and Masked Man on the old forum pointing out on more than one occasion that shouting at people wasn't the only way to get a player to improve and you were adamant we were wrong.

JS had a lot of faults, but man-management wasn't one of them. Femi being a prime-example.
You misunderstood me,which isnt unusual.Maybe 2% of my management life was spent using shouty tactics,it always had the desired effect.If only to correct the ways of the incredibly lazy or stupid.It is fair to say that I made few friends of those that had to be dealt with that way but ****** 'em.Im a firm believer in giving you as much rope as necessary before hanging you with it.I don't really like confrontation to be honest but Im good at it when it becomes inevitable.Shouting at a few lazy footballers never hurt John Still.The trick is to be fair with your outbursts.I agree with the Femi statement,he needed it at the time and it did improve him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Thank you for your offer Roundthing but as I have only a face for radio I will give it a miss thanks.

Anyhow there is no vacancy.

In Wayne,Dave The Plumber,Simmo the Snapper ,Thommo the Bean Counter I trust.

No Mutiny Mr Arnu
davei

Arnu wrote "Yes your all ball boys LOL!"

Ha ha, nice one. Do I bring my own balls or do I get them from the board.................Oh, I forgot, they don't have any
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Under Still you either agreed with his ways or you were asked to leave, thats not man-management thats a dictatorship. See Stuart Lewis and any fan that dare criticise him.
I think you've mistakes agreed with his ways for not acting like a twat. Lewis was clearly a bit of a twat.
If Still didn't man manage why did so many players develop so well under him?
Why were so many willing to play for him again?
If you manage a lot of players you will fall out with one or two. That doesn't mean he was a dictator.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: Under Still you either agreed with his ways or you were asked to leave, thats not man-management thats a dictatorship. See Stuart Lewis and any fan that dare criticise him.
I think you've mistakes agreed with his ways for not acting like a twat. Lewis was clearly a bit of a twat.
If Still didn't man manage why did so many players develop so well under him?
Why were so many willing to play for him again?
If you manage a lot of players you will fall out with one or two. That doesn't mean he was a dictator.
Lewis question Still and was bombed out, he never acted like a twat he just had an opinion. If I have an opinion at work I don't get sacked, dictatorship.

As for players playing for him again? Well the ones that resigned for us clearly had not better options and anyone that had signed for him under Luton has done so for money hence why the dropped to the conference.
matt_drfc

Searched "Stuart Lewis Dagenham" into google and a thread from the old forum came up.
DIGGERTHEDOG wrote:Thats what happens when you mess with the Gaffer. They have improved since he moved to Wycombe........not.
Seems Digger was in the Still camp back then
http://daggersforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... fe#_thread
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
As for players playing for him again? Well the ones that resigned for us clearly had not better options and anyone that had signed for him under Luton has done so for money hence why the dropped to the conference.
What a complete load of utter bullshit. You just can't give him a little bit of credit can you?
If he was such a dictator no amount of money would make players want to play for him.

Lewis was a pretty mediocre player who obviously thought he knew better than an experienced managed.
Most managers won't take that.
DI Mike Dashwood

Lewis was, and still is from what I can see, a bit of a tw4t.

Stilly was a bit of a dictator at times though, there are other instances which show this (such as losing the plot with a load of old folk sat in the Carling Stand everytime they uttered that they were unhappy with the performance).

Anyway, Orient on Tuesday...............
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
What a complete load of utter bullshit. You just can't give him a little bit of credit can you?
If he was such a dictator no amount of money would make players want to play for him.

Lewis was a pretty mediocre player who obviously thought he knew better than an experienced managed.
Most managers won't take that.
Its not Bullshit it is complete facts. I gave Still plenty of credit for what he done but he has been gone 18 months and it looks like you still have not got over that fact. Do you cry yourself to sleep with a John Still pillow at night :lol: :lol:
Mikins

I'm just offended I wasn't invited to Arnu's new board.
Sorry about your damn luck!
ARNU

Mikins wrote:I'm just offended I wasn't invited to Arnu's new board.
You can help that lanky geezer with the long hair who walks around and on the pitch before games.Looks like he needs help :lol:
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
Mikins wrote:I'm just offended I wasn't invited to Arnu's new board.
You can help that lanky geezer with the long hair who walks around and on the pitch before games.Looks like he needs help :lol:
I think he wants to be a woman.. Nothing wrong with that though, of course.