Billy Bingham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So it appears he asked to leave after being tapped up by John Still and Luton and has since been frozen out by the Wayne.

One disaster to the next.
The Romford Dagger

Where did you see that? Don't mean that nastily? Just wondering
matt_drfc

It is true
Adrian

A few things stand out about this.

Why was Bingham wanting to go different to Wilkinson wanting to go?
I'd guess that it was a bit of a kick to Wayne's ego to have two players wanting to leave to play under their previous manager.

What on earth is the point in not letting a player go and then not even having them on the bench?
Maybe it is about making some sort of point, but that point seems to be "I don't really know how to properly manage people".
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:A few things stand out about this.

Why was Bingham wanting to go different to Wilkinson wanting to go?
I'd guess that it was a bit of a kick to Wayne's ego to have two players wanting to leave to play under their previous manager.

What on earth is the point in not letting a player go and then not even having them on the bench?
Maybe it is about making some sort of point, but that point seems to be "I don't really know how to properly manage people".
Spot on.
dagger4eva

Weird one this ... if l was manager (heaven forbid) & he asked me to leave & l said no. Id also be saying your fit now, finally, you have a contract with us, now get out there n earn your wages.

There is abdolutely no doubting his ability and given the way wayne portrays wanting to play the game, Billy SHOULD be a perfect fit for him....

As l say, all very weird!!
Dagger83

It's not as though Billy was a regular starter under Still so I don't understand his apparent eagerness to rejoin him.

I've made my feelings about BB clear, I think he's one of our best players and I'd be gutted to lose him but if he doesn't want to be here and he's only going to be played in the cups, there's no point in holding on to him.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

Dagger83 wrote:It's not as though Billy was a regular starter under Still so I don't understand his apparent eagerness to rejoin him.

I've made my feelings about BB clear, I think he's one of our best players and I'd be gutted to lose him but if he doesn't want to be here and he's only going to be played in the cups, there's no point in holding on to him.
He only played him last night as we had no other midfielders available. Had others been available he would not of got a look in. Piss poor management.
Dagger83

Diggerthedog wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:It's not as though Billy was a regular starter under Still so I don't understand his apparent eagerness to rejoin him.

He only played him last night as we had no other midfielders available. Had others been available he would not of got a look in. Piss poor management.
Not strictly true is it? Isn't this Raymond fella a midfielder?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

Most standout / worrying thing for me is how Abu's form has completely nosedived.

Wouldnt surprise me if Stilly had plans to snap him up too
Adrian

Dagger83 wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

He is. But was apparently only worth an appearance at the end when the game was dead anyway.
ARNU

Unfortunately for Bingham is he is so injury prone.You cant make any long term plans around him.Wayne has lost the dressing room by the look of things.Another home defeat,he's losing the crowd too.I was his greatest fan.As for Still,he should not be allowed anywhere near the ground to tap up our players,and you lot are gonna cheer him when he comes back.Might as well go and buy your Luton scarf now :lol: .
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
mickeyblue

Just hope billy got brought off for sat and it wasnt a tactical decision
how ladabie or batt stayed on us beyond me
but we finished 9th!
ThatRoundThing

Dagger83 wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:

Many footballers contracts are complex and I suspect some of our players contracts are more favourable to the club rather than the player. It could be Frankie Raymond amongst others have appearance bonuses built into his contract. His agent could have asked for a set number of appearances therefore even 30 seconds on the pitch qualifies for an appearance bonus which adds to his wages.
Or... Wayne could have shown sympathy knowing Raymond hasn't been getting much in the way of appearance fees.
The Romford Dagger

He was our best player last night. He deserves a chance after that in the league Saturday. Not that Wayne will give him one