Two things

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Both of which started to get my back up again recently. Neither l guess is a particulary big issue but they bug me all the same.

1. Our kick offs. For a team with a so called passing philosiphy, what do they think is achieved by knocking the ball back 1 yard then slinging the ball up and over for a throw to the opposition????

2. Restarting play from the GK. Typical distribution tactic now seems to be just hitting the wings. Again, the net result tends to be the giving away of possession. The ball seemingly only ever gets rolled or thrown out now as token gesture.

Both of these were tactics used by the previous regime, they annoyed and bored me then and tbey dont seem any more appealing now!!
ARNU

Totally agree.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Would understand (in principle) the kick off routine if it worked even once in 100 attempts and we got a flick on or if we (again even 1 in 100) ever put an opposition team under immediate pressure.

Why we did it last week after going 2-1 down I have no idea as we lost any attacking impetus to go and put Exeter under pressure for an unlikely equaliser.

Agree to a point on the 'roll out' issue, but most of the roll outs in the past go between a full back and Saah, occassionally to Boucard and then back to Saah/ Partridge and back againt o Cousins or O'Brien to lump down the field to the wings anyway... very rarely does it get an attack going... it may give us a few more % points on possession at the end of the game but does little else. We need quick ditribution that then encourages the team to go forward at speed.

It has been said before but while Boucard plays his role well enough, he is no Pirlo who is going to find a pass to unlock a dfeense straight from Cousins gaining possession.
bloke down the pub

No 1 .......Had a bet on that. {time of the first throw in].
No 2 ......Need a coach. 6+ yrs with this ones not working]