Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:OUT... he is arrogant and he has lost the dressing room.... I know that for a FACT!

Results will not improve while he is in the job
For a fact?
Pondfield Dagger

In
TheLion

Go now WB by falling on your sword then the club could afford to employ another manager.

This current squad are mostly your players so the buck stops with you WB.

I reckon that most of the players who have left for whatever reason since JS left would be playing now in the team instead of the present incumbents. Plus a few like BB!

To see how far we have fallen since we celebrated at Wembley is a reflection on the Board IMO.

We beat Rotherham and where are they now?
NickMurphy

TheLion wrote:
We beat Rotherham and where are they now?
Us and Rotherham are completely incomparable.
TheLion

Admit it Nick, did our Board make any real attempt to keep us in League 1? Did they seek external funding to go with our newly elevated status?

The Board are comfortable as it is, and will probably be more comfortable when we eventually return to the Conference.
matt_drfc

TheLion wrote:Admit it Nick, did our Board make any real attempt to keep us in League 1? Did they seek external funding to go with our newly elevated status?

The Board are comfortable as it is, and will probably be more comfortable when we eventually return to the Conference.
How do you know they didn't?
NickMurphy

TheLion wrote:Admit it Nick, did our Board make any real attempt to keep us in League 1? Did they seek external funding to go with our newly elevated status?

Don't really want to turn this thread into a debate about this as it's a poll, but the only real thing we did wrong in League One was sell Benson so late on in the day. Then again, I say "only", it was a pretty massive thing for us to do with literally hours to replace him, something we failed to do which ultimately cost us.
bearaab

Should of bought Le Fondre or Zlatan.
Dr Monkatron

Definitely in.

For the last few years it's been mentioned that this board won't be happy until we're back in the conference. Well we are still currently a league team and this board and management got us to 9th place last season (even with our home form). Some may say that this was a false position because if we lost that last game then we could've been about 16th. True. But we didn't did we? You could use that very same reasoning for this season as well then. A couple of games that were thrown away, due to a few individual errors, that we could've won, and we could now be sitting in the top ten. If that was a false position last season then why can't this also be a false position this season?

We all wanted a change in style and this season is the first season that Wayne has had mostly "his" players. It's only October for christs sake!!! It takes time to completely overhaul a club, especially a club of our size. Look at the inconsistency of Man Utd currently, who are also going through a major overhaul, but on a different scale, as an example of how it takes ALL clubs time to change. What will get this club relegated is living above our means. Many a club have fallen foul of this and are still struggling to get out the conference.

I'm more than happy with how our club is run and more than happy to give Wayne a chance to get "his" young team working in the right way. We're really not far from being a decent team.
Dr Monkatron

By the way. In no way was my last post a debate. It was my vote in a poll and then just a P.S haha (sorry for making a debate sized P.S)
DI Mike Dashwood

IN - Can't see what a change of manager will achieve at this stage
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:IN - Can't see what a change of manager will achieve at this stage
Our home form is so poor, it is driving people away, and a big part of the problem we have as one of the smallest clubs in the league is attracting people through the door.

If we were winning even half our home games I would agree to keep going as we aren't a club to jump normally, but actually in 2014 to date the league record is played 19, won 4, drawn 5, lost 10 - and one of the wins was New Years Day, so of out last 18 League games at home we have won just 3 games.

When does it become OK to change the manager?
DI Mike Dashwood

When someone who will do a better job on the salaray and terms Wayne is on becomes available.

I don't the details of that, or details of what other managers would want, but I don't reckon there is as long a queue for the job as people think.

Don't get me wrong, the home form and the home game enjoyment is on decline, but I actually feel it has been like that since about January 2011.
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:When someone who will do a better job on the salaray and terms Wayne is on becomes available.

I don't the details of that, or details of what other managers would want, but I don't reckon there is as long a queue for the job as people think.

Don't get me wrong, the home form and the home game enjoyment is on decline, but I actually feel it has been like that since about January 2011.
I think you'd be surprised how many would fancy a chance to get into Football League management at Dagenham & Redbridge. A bit risky maybe, but why not take a punt on someone doing well in the Conference or below if salary is a big issue, it works with players (sometimes). We don't need Sven or Jose after all although Steve Evans is available for the right fee apparently.
DI Mike Dashwood

That's the thing though, I think it is a big risk if you go for someone unproven, and those would be the likely candidates as you say.

There would be an initital excitement and uplift no doubt (same as whenever a new manager comes in anywhere for the most part), but I could see trouble ahead.

I guess it's weighing up what we/the Club want?? Home games are pretty poor entertainment at the moment as you say, but I also reckon we will be just about safe come what May as there are always clubs in more of a mess on and off the pitch ready to occupy those bottom two spots. However, it may be pretty dour stuff for next few months. A new manager from lower down is the more exciting option in many ways, but comes with the risk.

Who would you go for Mike?? Realistically, who would you approach?? No Wenger or Jose answers, I am saying within a serious/realistic budget and likelihood who would you "approach" if you were now making the choice??