Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:That's the thing though, I think it is a big risk if you go for someone unproven, and those would be the likely candidates as you say.

There would be an initital excitement and uplift no doubt (same as whenever a new manager comes in anywhere for the most part), but I could see trouble ahead.

I guess it's weighing up what we/the Club want?? Home games are pretty poor entertainment at the moment as you say, but I also reckon we will be just about safe come what May as there are always clubs in more of a mess on and off the pitch ready to occupy those bottom two spots. However, it may be pretty dour stuff for next few months. A new manager from lower down is the more exciting option in many ways, but comes with the risk.

Who would you go for Mike?? Realistically, who would you approach?? No Wenger or Jose answers, I am saying within a serious/realistic budget and likelihood who would you "approach" if you were now making the choice??
How strange.
Back when people called for Still to go and I raised questions like this, I'm sure you were one of the people that shot me down as it wasn't necessary for our supporters to suggest replacements, yet here you are asking for suggested replacements.

There will be life after Wayne.
Mike the Dagger

How about current Braintree manager Alan Devonshire as an example?

Seems to be doing OK.
DI Mike Dashwood

Yeah, someone whose name I put forward before as he has done excellent job, plays good football, and has local connections. However, my understanding is that he is happy managing part-time and not looking for full-time management as he has other business interests.

Next ;)
Mike the Dagger

How about that bald bloke at Woking?
ThatRoundThing

If there was a chance of getting him I'd still go for Justin Edinburgh. Proven at Conference level and now at League Two Newport. Knows all about low budgets and vast knowledge of Essex and surrounding areas clubs and players.

Devonshire I am told from Colchester fans was not considered by Colchester as apparently he "likes a drink"
Pondfield Dagger

Kenny Brown?

Ex west ham player who is already at the club as academy manager.
Previously managed Barry Town for 3 years as well as other clubs, CD Jávea, Tooting, Grays, Chelmsford.

Being a west ham man perhaps he can persude Alan Devonshire to come to the club.
Mike the Dagger

ThatRoundThing wrote:Rome wasn't built in a day, but Wayne wasn't' on that particular job!
Got me thinking.... ;)

Last edited by Mike the Dagger on Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThatRoundThing

Mike the Dagger wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:Rome wasn't built in a day, but Wayne wasn't' on that particular job!
Got me thinking.... ;)

Ooh!!! Looks like that could fall anytime soon. :lol:
NickMurphy

Pretty sure when Still left, aside from Wayne, Devonshire and Edinburgh were the two names mentioned back then as well. Edinburgh would be well out of our reach at this stage if we were to make a change, while I'm not really sure what to make of Devonshire - don't think he'd suit the players we've had from what I've heard of Braintree (which admittedly is fairly little).

As I say though, hypothetical at the moment and while I'm currently saying Wayne IN at the moment, if our home form doesn't see some improvement by Christmas then I'd expect him to be gone, and be a little disappointed if he isn't. The argument of "who else would you get in", is all well and good, but quite literally, the worst that could happen with a new manager is that he maintains the current appalling home form. I imagine we'd end up with Martin Ling or someone like that if it did actually reach breaking point. The most frustrating thing for me is that I really do want it to work for Wayne (not that I wouldn't for any other manager), but you can see what he's attempting to implement and he's consistently just falling short. And at the end of the day, despite how much I like his philosophy and best intentions, if we continue to lose at home, best intentions count for nothing and he should be out of the door.

Either that or end up like League Two's version of Birmingham.
Mikins

I'm a little on the fence but IN for now. by christmas we need to have tightened up defensively. thats my biggest worry personally rather than backstage shit we actually dont know anything about.
Sorry about your damn luck!
leewilson

I never quite understand why people limit a potential future manager to someone local. We are a League Two club and there are many managers out there who would welcome a chance at managing a club in the Football League rather than dropping into the Non League. Amongst the many, there must be some rough diamonds. For instance, Russ Wilcox has just been sacked at Scunthorpe despite going unbeaten for 28 games last season. They had a horrible injury record this season and it didn't happen there for him over the last month or two. I'd take him with us in a heartbeat. Whether he'd want to come, who knows, but there are managers out there as opposed to those with local links who would probably like the opportunity to get back into Football League manager. If Beattie had made a success out of Stanley, I'd have definitely considered John Coleman in the future.
nomis

2014 Home League Results

WON 3 from 18 MATCHES

Pathetic record and for me only one outcome

OUT........

How many more Home defeats before the board do the correct thing

Not just his record but he's man management and match tactics are poor to say the least
TheLion

Hearing the news about Russ Wilcox just says it all. I would snap him up.

I really hope that Scunthorpe drop like a stone.
Dagdale

Biggest mistake Scunny done was offloading Sam Winnall, top marksmen for them last season and a big contribute to why they had that fantastic run last season and went up although Wilcox done them proud as coach. I'd fancy Alan Curbishley back into management down our manor if Wayne departs, although like most really hope he turns it around. He has a good football brain, good experience and in being a Forest Gate lad would go down a treat.
bearaab

No chance Curbishley would manage Dagenham.