Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Expected to lose by that score tonight so no shock and no change from me, but waiting for our important players to be available, if it stays the same then no excuse, but still in for now..
Oh come on Matt we have nobody out of the team at present who would make one jot of diffrence. There is no problem at the too of the pitch it's the defence and the only one any good out the lot of them is Scott Doe
I'm not jumping after a loss to pre-season favs, with Abs, Howell, Zav and Murphy out. As I said I'm waiting, once they're back and we're still losing then so be it, he has no excuse..
I am with you Matt 1) he should be given at least another ten games 2) who will replace him.

Still don't see how any of them Players you highlighted are going to improve our defence which apart from Doe is woefull.
ARNU

Sadly... Out !

Its ultimately Burnett's fault.He keeps picking donkeys at the back from the large selection of Donkeys he has chosen to make up our squad.He now needs to address this immediately.If he started all his defenders at once we'd still concede because they are useless.Get in the loan market today Wayne it could save your job.I must say you sound a beaten man so Im not sure if you can stand the heat.Dont make yourself ill,take a walk and let someone who knows what to do have a go.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Oh come on Matt we have nobody out of the team at present who would make one jot of diffrence. There is no problem at the too of the pitch it's the defence and the only one any good out the lot of them is Scott Doe
I'm not jumping after a loss to pre-season favs, with Abs, Howell, Zav and Murphy out. As I said I'm waiting, once they're back and we're still losing then so be it, he has no excuse..
I am with you Matt 1) he should be given at least another ten games 2) who will replace him.

Still don't see how any of them Players you highlighted are going to improve our defence which apart from Doe is woefull.
Might be able to score 4 and concede 3 :lol:
Lcbdagger

The interview this morning on the website mentioning 'individual mistakes' once again and the fact that we 'could train for 50 hours a week and wouldn't cut out these mistakes' shows we are only going one way this season... absolutely no point in a manager who used to be a pretty decent coach (from what I hear) who cannot use those coaching skills to improve a team he has...

If 'individual mistakes' are truly our problem then those individuals making said mistakes need to be replaced by others in the squad or by Loan players who can come in and do a job... look at the Rictchie's, Baudry's of previous seasons... players are out there... it's not just 18 year old's with no footballing experience who we wouldn't dare chuck in to a losing team.
SUSSEX DAGGER

How fickle are our fans mind. Six months ago we were in Eutopia cos we finished 9th.
Ok this season has not gone that we'll but 14 points from 14 games is nowhere near as bad as the 4 from 19 that the bloke and his mate who you all worshiped last night acheived. Ok their was views expressed on forums about his time being up but I did not hear any comments on the Terraces or the bile that was aimed at our Manager last night. We stood by him and he rewarded that loyalty by bailing out for thirty pieces of silver. He did this I would like those all paying homage to him last night on what would have been the morning of an important away game at Bradford if it had not been postponed 24 hours owing to the Bradford Cup run.

Yes I got my views and have expressed them on here and at games but chants of The Manager out is beyond the pale,just want to know what that acheived last night .

We all left last night just disunited something that can't occur if we have any hope of getting out if this mess.

So for me it's a case of the same loyalty that was shown to his predecessor in difficult times . We need to get a tune out of the Orchestra and there is little point as I see it it sticking knives in the back of the bloke who at this present time is trying to conduct it.

So I appeal to all Daggers lets not wash our dirty laundry in public like last night and keep our views amongst ourselves and on forums like this.

Let's give the bloke the help he needs like we have done with those in the past during difficult times.

So I pledge my allegence to the Manager
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:How fickle are our fans mind. Six months ago we were in Eutopia cos we finished 9th.
Ok this season has not gone that we'll but 14 points from 14 games is nowhere near as bad as the 4 from 19 that the bloke and his mate who you all worshiped last night acheived. Ok their was views expressed on forums about his time being up but I did not hear any comments on the Terraces or the bile that was aimed at our Manager last night. We stood by him and he rewarded that loyalty by bailing out for thirty pieces of silver. He did this I would like those all paying homage to him last night on what would have been the morning of an important away game at Bradford if it had not been postponed 24 hours owing to the Bradford Cup run.

Yes I got my views and have expressed them on here and at games but chants of The Manager out is beyond the pale,just want to know what that acheived last night .

We all left last night just disunited something that can't occur if we have any hope of getting out if this mess.

So for me it's a case of the same loyalty that was shown to his predecessor in difficult times . We need to get a tune out of the Orchestra and there is little point as I see it it sticking knives in the back of the bloke who at this present time is trying to conduct it.

So I appeal to all Daggers lets not wash our dirty laundry in public like last night and keep our views amongst ourselves and on forums like this.

Let's give the bloke the help he needs like we have done with those in the past during difficult times.

Not a huge following behind you Sussex sadly... good news though is that any 'manager out' chants will fall on deaf ears now with the dugout change
SUSSEX DAGGER

As George Orwell once quoted we live in times when saying something that People don't want to hear is dismissed as revolutionary.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:How fickle are our fans mind. Six months ago we were in Eutopia cos we finished 9th.

Don't tar us all with the same brush. Some of us didn't want Burnett in the first place, some of us were fooled by the finishing position last season.
I don't see why those that want him gone shouldnt air it publically. I didn't here any complaints about all the retweeting if fawning guff aimed at him at the end if last season.

If you don't think Wayne wouldn't dump us for a better offer then you've learnt nothing from Still going. The only real difference is the likelihood of there being a better offer.
Richie

I'm still In but I don't know why in all honesty.

Any other club and he'd been gone, and I think I like that we are loyal. Like many on here I'm willing Wayne to do a good job, willing him to get the players doing what he wants and he still has my backing. My anger last night was at some of the players rather than the manager.
NickMurphy

Richie wrote:I'm still In but I don't know why in all honesty.

Any other club and he'd been gone, and I think I like that we are loyal. Like many on here I'm willing Wayne to do a good job, willing him to get the players doing what he wants and he still has my backing.
Agree with this.

Although for how much longer for remains to be seen.
DaggerSince92

Adrian wrote:
If you don't think Wayne wouldn't dump us for a better offer then you've learnt nothing from Still going. The only real difference is the likelihood of there being a better offer.
Burnett turned down the job at Gillingham last season..
Dagdale

With you on that one Sussex, I left the ground last night quite disheartened not only on the result but more so on the bit of chanting at the end about Wayne, I know it was heat of the moment stuff on a very frustrating night, and anger can control our motions but we're all a far better outfit than that and the next few weeks or maybe even to the end of season could show what were made of and our character.
mickeyblue

Thats what we worried about dag
At end of season i cannot see this lot grinding out any results when we need it.

We look like a relegation certainty atm
but we finished 9th!
Adrian

DaggerSince92 wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Burnett turned down the job at Gillingham last season..
It wasn't a better offer then.
Mike the Dagger

Not true for me. I pointed out at the time that 9th last season was an optical illusion caused by Howell's pinball goal v Oxford and a lucky result on the last day at Cheltenham. Take those away and we were bottom half.

The issue is our continuing poor home form. The dismalness of a trip to Victoria Road most weeks is driving even the committed home fans away and we can't afford to keep bleeding the income of ever smaller crowds.