Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:I'll never really totally understand all this undying allegiance to anything let alone a football club.You get little or no thanks for it,invariably it upsets you far more than most of the actual important things in life and rarely does it make your cock any bigger.With our turnover of players we end up supporting a different bunch every year and even the die hard are now having a dig at the players because they aint "real daggers" and don't want to piss it up in the bar with the fans like the good old days.I've seen a lot of ya and just standing amongst some characters for the 90 minutes is hard going at least I don't have to talk to ya :lol: .Get a look at yourselves some of you please.Why would a 19 year old footballer want to even be in a bar with a load of moany old fat gits who chant for the manager to be sacked at full voice ? Just saying....The football aint great at the moment nobodies really disagreeing with that point.If any of you want to give a game a swerve its not illegal and dosent make you any less of a fan and so what if it did ? Nobody cares !!! And they would need medical treatment if they really did care about such minutae wouldnt they ??
Don't let them wind you up mate, even our very own Simmo is going on a Haggis hunt next Tuesday rather then suffer the replay with us.

Be interesting to see what effect that has on the Gate we cant afford it to be like a home game. A half empty ground with no atmosphere plays right into their hands.
TomMc

SteveMc wrote:
TomMc wrote:Cheers Dash!

I'm looking forward to the "glory hunter" chants already ;)
It's hardly going to be 'glory hunting' now is it.
Thanks for explaining the joke ;)
Diggerthedog

4 wins in 17 league games this season. Surely it can't be long now.
leewilson

I actually felt a little sorry for Burnett today. Call it brave or foolish but he certainly went with an interesting line up and I thought a lot of his changes came off. Hemmings at LB looked baffling but he played very well there and offered us a good crossing option from a little deeper. Partridge had full control over Akinfenwa which I was very impressed with. Bingham at the base of the midfield was excellent.

I thought the one thing he got wrong was Yussef up front alone. I like Yussef but he's still very inexperienced and although he worked his socks off, the quality of ball was never good enough and he's not quite good enough to make something from nothing. If Wayne had wanted to rest Cureton/Murphy for Tuesday (which I don't think is a bad shout), then I would have gone Doidge today considering the set up we had with the lone striker and 2 wider players supporting. We also played a lot of long ball which he would have done better holding up.

I thought Porter worked his bollocks up but is ultimately still rubbish in the final 3rd whilst Howell was meh today and Ogogo not quite as on it as usual.

There was a nice moment at the end where the Daggers fans were disappointed and not sure how to react whilst I think the players were also a bit unsure how we were going to react. I enjoyed the unity that we showed. It's a tough time for everybody at the moment, nothing seemed to go our way today and the whole 'we're in it together mentality' is exactly what we need if we're going to turn this around.
ARNU

I wasn't there but my son went and he reckoned we put on a good show.I'm all for caning the manager when we play shite but when you see unrewarded 100% effort you got to give the guy a break.We gotta turn this corner sometime.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
hockley dagger

Same as Arnu I didn't go but my lad and wife did and said we didn't get the rub of the green
Woodford Dagger

Can't really complain with the performance yesterday, we weren't great but neither were Wimbledon and they definitely didn't deserve the victory, draw would probably have been the fairest result. How we didn't get one penalty out of 3 strong shouts also beggars belief and despite being a bit drunk even I could tell the ref was useless and I don't really like to blame the ref for a loss but you could definitely argue that we were robbed by poor officiating.
DI Mike Dashwood

I didn't agree with the team selection, and there are times I couldn't believe some of the decisions our players made, BUT, there was no lack of fight or effort, and than was picked up on by the travelling support who got behind the team throughout.

Not the result we wanted (although I don't even want to get started on the officiating, it needs it's own thread) but there were signs on and off the field that the old spirit is just about still there. I think the fact 90% of supporters stayed after to applaud the team, and 90% of the team came over to applaud the support was a step in the right direction, and was done in a genuine way, not forced/put on.
Mike the Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I didn't agree with the team selection, and there are times I couldn't believe some of the decisions our players made, BUT, there was no lack of fight or effort, and than was picked up on by the travelling support who got behind the team throughout.

Not the result we wanted (although I don't even want to get started on the officiating, it needs it's own thread) but there were signs on and off the field that the old spirit is just about still there. I think the fact 90% of supporters stayed after to applaud the team, and 90% of the team came over to applaud the support was a step in the right direction, and was done in a genuine way, not forced/put on.
Yes but... it was away and we seem to do better away, and we still lost to a team in our half of the table.

If Cureton and Murphy were fit it makes no sense at all to play neither of them.
oddsi

Even though the effort was there, we still didn't have a shot on target in 90 minutes, & conceded yet again from a corner. But at least we are better away from home......
dagger4eva

Right, come on .......

is there one, just ONE person that is still either an "in" or an "undecided" ????????????????????????????
DaggerSince92

I'm firmly IN
The Romford Dagger

DaggerSince92 wrote:I'm firmly IN
Is that meant to say your firmly IN favour of him being sacked
dagger4eva

hahahahahaha

you must be either

a) an olive short of a pizza

b) a Hornchurch fan

c) related to either one of the 3 stooges
DaggerSince92