Burnett Poll In or Out

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

leewilson wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Listen to the full interview, it was aimed at the minority that have given him stick. Deserved stick for our dreadful 12 months of home form regardless of the constraints and injuries bollocks he spouts.
Fair enough, listening to the full interview and whilst I still feel partially it's aimed at the board, there's obviously a message there aimed at the boo boys.

I think this emotion is coming out because he knows how close he's come to the sack. He's not out of the woods yet mind either.
I got 2 minutes on the BBC sport page where do you get the full interview
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
leewilson wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:Listen to the full interview, it was aimed at the minority that have given him stick. Deserved stick for our dreadful 12 months of home form regardless of the constraints and injuries bollocks he spouts.
Fair enough, listening to the full interview and whilst I still feel partially it's aimed at the board, there's obviously a message there aimed at the boo boys.

I think this emotion is coming out because he knows how close he's come to the sack. He's not out of the woods yet mind either.
BBC London Audio Boo, twitter BBC London sport and they have tweeted the link.
EastLDN

See he had his tracksuit on today, stormed right off at the end of the game down the tunnel with a face like thunder
leewilson

EastLDN wrote:See he had his tracksuit on today, stormed right off at the end of the game down the tunnel with a face like thunder
I wonder if he got told today that he'd be sacked if we lost and it's completely ****** him off.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
leewilson wrote:

Here Chris https://audioboom.com/boos/2675375-dag_ ... lisle-game
Blackie645

I fully support Burnett, just like Sussex, listen to the interview, we have lost our 3 best players from last season, I know Hid tactics are sometimes strange, but this a witch hunt and s nasty one at that. After talking to tommo he has the support of the board, by the way Daggers never sack
Managers, apart from Dave Cussack, or did he resign, can't remember.

Just cut out the witch hunt
Auntie Merge

EastLDN wrote:See he had his tracksuit on today, stormed right off at the end of the game down the tunnel with a face like thunder
Did anyone get a photo of him in a track suit?
SUSSEX DAGGER

I got 2 minutes on the BBC sport page where do you get the full interview[/quote]

Here Chris https://audioboom.com/boos/2675375-dag_ ... lisle-game[/quote]

Thanks Matt. Really good interview and I am glad that he finally came out and defended himself. Wonder if he does read this forum because most of the things he said have appeared on here.

There appeared to me a bit of Waynes World and Daggers grit in todays performance. We played some good football at times and dug in when we needed. The performance may have been a bit more pleasing to the eye if we only kept hold of the ball a bit longer in the second half.

Really pleased for the team and also for the boss who have been through it this week.

Amazing what can be achieved when you stick together and get behind the team. Look we were not brilliant today I know that but we rolled our sleeves up dug in. So lets have miore of the matchstick concept
Diggerthedog

Blackie645 wrote:I fully support Burnett, just like Sussex, listen to the interview, we have lost our 3 best players from last season, I know Hid tactics are sometimes strange, but this a witch hunt and s nasty one at that. After talking to tommo he has the support of the board, by the way Daggers never sack
Managers, apart from Dave Cussack, or did he resign, can't remember.

Just cut out the witch hunt
It's not a witch hunt it's realistic that a manager should be questioned when the team he put together are not performing. I hope he turns it around but there is a very long way to go just yet. He can't use Hines being out as an excuse he signed him injured knowing full well we would be lucky to see him before Xmas, could have signed someone else who may have helped get us a few more points then we already have.
Mark

He's so far up his own arse he has almost disappeared.
The Romford Dagger

Mark wrote:He's so far up his own arse he has almost disappeared.
That interview gave me the impression he's right up thommo's arse.
Last edited by The Romford Dagger on Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auntie Merge

I listened to the interview in full. That is 18 minutes of my life I won't get back.
He sounds like a man who knows he will be at the job centre by Xmas. Lovely guy, great bloke but he really sounds out of his depth.
Or maybe I am so used to Stilly's motivational call to action post-match talks, all which left you with the feeling that you wanted to go to the next game.
This felt like being nothing more than repeated justification for poor results and contained nothing in it that would actually make you think 'yeah I'm hoping to get behind the team'.
matt_drfc

Not sure what to make of it tbh, just sounded like he'd had a few beers
ARNU

I just listened to the whole thing.I reckon I could pick that whole interview to pieces.Radiostu is a nice polite guy and obviously knew he was talking to an angry man on the verge of a mental breakdown.Why give these interviews at all if you're gonna mug yourself off everytime you open your mouth ???
When you say......... "I understand the fans dissapointment and anger and If the fans have a problem they can vent it at me,I haven't got a problem with that".....Why would you then bleat on about fans moaning for 15 minutes of an 18 minute interview ??

Is that a fair comment ??

I said it before.WB should go home have a beer,chill out and prepare a statement rather than give interviews with all the clumsy heart on his sleeve stuff he does in the heat of the moment.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:I just listened to the whole thing.I reckon I could pick that whole interview to pieces.Radiostu is a nice polite guy and obviously knew he was talking to an angry man on the verge of a mental breakdown.Why give these interviews at all if you're gonna mug yourself off everytime you open your mouth ???
When you say......... "I understand the fans dissapointment and anger and If the fans have a problem they can vent it at me,I haven't got a problem with that".....Why would you then bleat on about fans moaning for 15 minutes of an 18 minute interview ??

Is that a fair comment ??

I said it before.WB should go home have a beer,chill out and prepare a statement rather than give interviews with all the clumsy heart on his sleeve stuff he does in the heat of the moment.
He has a couple of Peroni's pre-match. Honestly lol